• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Black pics

3252.jpg

1092.jpg

6065.jpg

0866.jpg

9821.jpg

7107.jpg

6415.jpg

6620.jpg

more here
http://www.playfrance.com/ps2-Black/news/341187686-Images-Black-avalanche-d-images.html

Art
7155.jpg

3841.jpg

2531.jpg

more here
http://www.playfrance.com/ps2-Black/news/,12318719-Artworks-Black-en-dessins.html

3 more weeks left :D

Yamaha98

Still impressed how the PS2 is able to do this after all these years. :) May await a $34.95 Target deal or something, will be close to Subsistence for any haste decision.

EGM92

damn that looks hot, I wonder how the PS2 will handle all the explosions (I know Criterion has alway done amazing jobs with the PS2 but damn that looks a bit much for the little console to handle).

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I notice that screens and live demos of this game are all done on the XBOX version. I wonder what the differences will be.

DaCocoBrova said:
I notice that screens and live demos of this game are all done on the XBOX version. I wonder what the differences will be.

No, you are wrong! Alex showed the PS2 version at CES 2006. Game looks just as good on PS2.

Angst

DaCocoBrova said:

Where exactly do you notice that?

Ranger X

It's like Burnout series guys, it looks good on PS2 and push the console throught the roof. Bow down before Criterion!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Angst said:
Where exactly do you notice that?

A link I found here a few weeks back, with a guy going through the demo. He sucked tho.

When I think 'Criterion' I think PS2. That demo should kind of stuck out in my memory. Screens shown IIRC, have been of the XBOX version as well.

DaCocoBrova said:

The gametrailers interview footage is of the PS2 version and looks just as good as the Xbox version.

Wink

Screens look amazing.

I still don't know if I want this. It looks like a ton of fun, but so did Half Life 2, got caught up by the hype and ended up hating it. And there's still no demo in sight in Germany :-(

Angst

DaCocoBrova said:
A link I found here a few weeks back, with a guy going through the demo. He sucked tho.

When I think 'Criterion' I think PS2. That demo should kind of stuck out in my memory. Screens shown IIRC, have been of the XBOX version as well.
You mean the trailer on gametrailers that in the gameplay section displayed "press [] to change to uzi"? :) yeah - clearly xbox. ;)
So the Ps2 version really looks like this? :/
Well... it looks a little too good doesn't it? Maybe AA were added postprocessing?

Lince

Banned
it's amazing what Criterion can do with PS2 (I couldn't believe it the firstime I played Burnout 3 with all the crashes, sparks and all the detail going on at 60 fps, Renderware is definitely an impressive engine), it's high time they put their talent toward next-gen machines including Revolution!!!

in terms of technical achievements:
Criterion for PS2 >> Rare for Nintendo 64 (Polyphony is in its own league so it doesn't count :) )

Ranger X

Lince said:
in terms of technical achievements:
Criterion for PS2 >> Rare for Nintendo 64 (Polyphony is in its own league so it doesn't count :) )

Polyphony are masters at lighting. Take their lighting artists and make them work at Criterion and you have an untouchable game in matters of visuals.

Wyzdom said:
Polyphony are masters at lighting. Take their lighting artists and make them work at Criterion and you have an untouchable game in matters of visuals.

They're master modelers too, their games often have less polys than other racers, yet people can't relaly tell the difference because of how good their modleing is.

Chris_C

These screenshots look better than PD0 (yeah I said it!)

No of course I know this is more of an artistic feat than a technical one. Just saying it to make some peoples eyes pop.

Ranger X

SolidSnakex said:
They're master modelers too, their games often have less polys than other racers, yet people can't relaly tell the difference because of how good their modleing is.

Ok they are good in modeling too but i still think that what is helping the cars the most is the incredible lighting. That hides lack of geometry and bad textues ALOT when well done.

Is there any word on this being backward compatible with the 360, I think I've asked this before, but it wasnt clear then.

Chris_C said:
These screenshots look better than PD0 (yeah I said it!)

No of course I know this is more of an artistic feat than a technical one. Just saying it to make some peoples eyes pop.

QFT

Lince

Banned
Wario64 said:
ign.com has new videos, including one with sniping. seems pretty sweet

just watched the videos and wow... nice sniping action, so it takes more than furious automatic gunfire, now I love it even more.

jett

D-Member
DaCocoBrova said:

Nope. The Black footage in the 1upshow for instance is all PS2, and it looks just as good as these pictures.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I expected this thread to be full of Black haters but I'm glad to see it's pure lovin'. This demo absolutely rocked my socks, I still play it. I will memorize this game.

ghostmind

1up says this game is pretty short... but then again, i don't think many people will pick this up for a long storyline...

ram

Wink said:
Screens look amazing.

I still don't know if I want this. It looks like a ton of fun, but so did Half Life 2, got caught up by the hype and ended up hating it. And there's still no demo in sight in Germany :-(

there wont be a demo in germany (at least for ps2) -> get the uk opm2 magazine. :)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I'm excited for this game and all, but I feel like the guns could take up a little less room on the screen. I realize that they're meant to be highlighted because they're the focal point of the game, but even so, they just seem like they get a little too much screen real estate.

trmas

Banned
I can't wait until this hits the lower price points - I don't even like FPS's for the most part and I've got to play this.

Yamaha98

ghostmind said:
1up says this game is pretty short... but then again, i don't think many people will pick this up for a long storyline...

Ouch, then not much going for it in terms of playability if it has no multiplayer, no online, & a short single player story. Seems like they concetrated alittle too much on the gun realistics & maybe not enough on the overall game, me thinks.

Rental first - then await price discounts.

Top Bottom