• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Call of Duty 3 Wii trailer

This is just about the only multiconsole game that I'm picking up for the Wii. If you're going to play regurgitated rehash, the least you can do is play it with a wagglewand.

Burnst

Looks fine, the movie compression is awful though. I'm probably getting this one too..

It seems like this is the trailer is for Wii, Xbox and PS2? I saw the PS3 one today and it's totally different (and ends with the PS3 logo).

Funny some people think it's PS3/360 and others COD2.

wsippel

Banned
There is no PS3 or Xbox360 logo at the end, only Wii, Playstation and Xbox. Plus, if the PS3 or Xbox360 versions don't look quite a bit better than that, there's really no reason the systems are that huge, power hungry or expensive... :)

EDIT: There has to be something wrong with my eyes - I mean, it really looks fugly, but there is a Xbox360 logo at the end after all...

Easy_G

Am I crazy or did I see quite a bit of normal mapping going on the trailer? If that is the Wii version it certainly looks good to me. Better than most current gen FPS's.

wsippel

Banned
DSN2K said:
well uniforms had normal mapping from the looks of that trailer, I dont think its the Wii version.
Not in every scene as far as I can tell. And Wii can do normal mapping, no problem. The physics and effects are also supposed to be identical on PS3, Xbox360 and Wii - according to IGN, that is.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
is this really on wii? i just get the feeling a lot of that surely won't look that good during gameplay in wii

There is absolutely no way that is the Wii version. We saw it at that Ubisoft event a week or two back, and while it controls great, it looks like ****.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
BrodiemanTTR said:
There is absolutely no way that is the Wii version. We saw it at that Ubisoft event a week or two back, and while it controls great, it looks like ****.

yeah last time we saw it, it looked like this:

codpigkz9.jpg

there is no way the new wii build looks like that trailer

EBCubs03

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:

Ubisoft?

MrSardonic said:
yeah last time we saw it, it looked like this:

codpigkz9.jpg

there is no way the new wii build looks like that trailer

Well, the pig model looks good..

Haha - in the video it says "Press and hold X(PS-style) to pickup the Stielhandgranate ammo"
So it must be the PS2 version with normal mapping! Awesome!

Saoh

the androgyne said:
Haha - in the video it says "Press and hold X(PS-style) to pickup the Stielhandgranate ammo"

rly?? where?

i believe 'cuz that looks wayy too shitty, even for Wii. that is current-gen

Kelsonk

the androgyne said:

It's for PS3. Why everyone thought this was wii footage is beyond me.

Eid

Obviously not the Wii. The graphics are too good and it doesn't look like it's being controlled with the Wiimote.

Easy_G

Guys, they took down the video that the original poster was talking about. The latest video on there now is from Oct 11th, and it's clearly a PS3 video. The video from Oct 20th looked much worse and was possibly on Wii. Basically looked like the old screens/videos we've seen but with normal mapping added.

Omnicent

the androgyne said:

Do you mean the night drop video? That is not the one. The one the OP is talking about was taken down for some unkown reason. I'd post a link to sendspace, but that may get me banned.

Omnicent said:
Do you mean the night drop video? That is not the one. The one the OP is talking about was taken down for some unkown reason. I'd post a link to sendspace, but that may get me banned.

doubt it will get you banned. Its there fault for releasing it.

Omnicent said:

Yeap woops looks like i got the wrong one... the Night Drop video is PS3 footage, i was being sarcastic saying it was PS2! They advertise all systems at the end of this one.

Burnst

Didn't want to open a new thread, so I'll use this one. Following the link in the screenshot thread I found the original COD3 jeuxfrance movie (error with firefox I think). I didn't got to see it before and I think only the low quality was up after jeuxfrance's bandwidth was killed. This 311mb version is much better:

http://peerfactor.fr/send/

and click the link.

Burnst

MrSardonic said:
just looks so much easier to play than red steel and metroid
Yeah, while the guy playing it sucks big time....

I just hope there will be some control options for both Red Steel and COD3. Else switching between them will be a pain..

Mrbob

I'm watching this now...I dunno about FPS on Wii anymore. Maybe I'm just not used to it, but it is so jarring seeing the gun and cursor move all over the screen.

sprocket

Banned
They took down the original . it looked like the Wii version but it had a bunch of bump mapping so I dont know . but at the same time it didnt look nearly as good as the PS3/360 screens out .

Top Bottom