• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Catherine (PS3/360) Trailer: "Catherine or Katherine?"

cj_iwakura

Well, the real question is whether you prefer Yukari or Rise. Same voice actresses, respectively. (K/C)

(Or if you want to get Japanese up ins; Sailor Moon VS Dejiko. That's no contest.)

daffy

Banned
MRBof.jpg

Still the best screenshot this year.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I can't wait for this. Am I the only one who's looking forward to playing with the jukebox (music from previous Atlus games) more than anything else?

CatPee

God-fucking-dammit.

Saying don't highlight + C-shaped spoiler = bad things. -_-

EDIT: Katherine, by the way, though Catherine's boobs are quite titillating.

Katherine for sure. And good thing I don't just go around highlighting spoilers...

Did I mention Katherine?
Katherine. (It looks weirder the more times you type it.)

Thoraxes

Man Meguro really did an awesome job remixing the Hut of Baba Yaga as well as all the other art music he redid for this.

Also weird is I played half of the pieces remixed for the game in orchestra this year too, so it's slightly nostalgic.

For vote counts, Catherine in-game is too adorable. My vote goes to her, but if i've never played at least a demo of the game, i'd go with Katherine.

July 20-something can't come soon enough.

Jonnyram

Trojita said:
No dual audio option?

The fuck?
This kind of thing really shouldn't be surprising, when the original VAs are high profile in the country of release. If Atlus wishes to use the original voices in the West, they'll have to pay more to the voice actors. It's not that likely to sell huge numbers, so why incur the risk?

Zoda

Neo Member
Time for a Nice Analysis

Catherine is hot as Nigera, but the drill hair is pretty annoying.

Glasses don't do it for me, but I normally prefer brunettes over blondes.

Catherine's personality seems annoying.

Katherine has a nice boootay.

I'd do either.

ProudClod said:
Have you ever played Persona 3/4? It's half of a dating sim (half of the game you will be interacting with a bunch of people, who, given Atlus' track record will probably have ridiculously intriguing plot lines) and half of a puzzle game (when you go to sleep, you will have these demonic dream sequences where you have to solve puzzles and run away from monsters).
Oh. No I never played persona games but always wondered what type of a game it was. Thanks for the explanation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What an unbelievably awesome trailer...

Catherine.
. You'd be stupid to go with anything else~

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Despera said:
tsk tsk tsk... it's not 'bout the glasses.
Tell me what it's about then! :O

Vally

I'm surprised as well by so many people choosing Katherine... Catherine for me (although I'd choose Erica over those two if I could).

Special edition preordered here, can't wait for 26th July.

cj_iwakura said:
Might need to reiterate: any volunteers to help make shiny banners for the |OT| I plan on doing next month?

I can help with that, feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Jonnyram said:
This kind of thing really shouldn't be surprising, when the original VAs are high profile in the country of release. If Atlus wishes to use the original voices in the West, they'll have to pay more to the voice actors. It's not that likely to sell huge numbers, so why incur the risk?

Why incur the risk of forcing the consumer to listen to shitty inferior dub work that doesn't coalesce with the characters more like. They've already lost my sale as a result.

Psi

If I get this game I'm going with Catherine the first time. You have to go with the crazy chick in a crazy game like this.

Also, the game is named after her :p

Volcynika

Acquiescence said:
Why incur the risk of forcing the consumer to listen to shitty inferior dub work that doesn't coalesce with the characters more like. They've already lost my sale as a result.

Well, sucks for you! Glad they went English, fits the characters more :D

Learn Japanese and import it if you're going to complain that much.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
A mature sexy lady with glasses who is apparently going to be the mother of my child or a grown woman who embarrassingly acts like a lil girl who just got a new pony all the time.

Yeah, Katherine no question.

DogWelder

bone_and_sinew said:
NO U. I made mine from the Edge cover art months ago, the peeps in the Demon's Souls thread can attest to that.
So did I. :(

You'll just have to like with being my doppleganger. Hahahaha.

Top Bottom