• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New commercial for Final Fantasy XIV includes original anime visuals

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

giphy.gif

The Chocobo racing art reminded me of the Redline anime movie
you are definitely right about that.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

i really hope square throw money to make FFXIV 24 episode anime..they can even just throw isekai setting..doesnt matter

it shame they didnt take advantage to milk this game with current growing isekai/fantasy anime trend

That ad is great, but has a hilariously different tone from what is going on in the new expansion's story lol

Also, this is apparently just the first of three commercials like it, according to the promo site.

Man, the Japanese marketing for Final Fantasy is so much cooler than in the west.
Yeah, the western commercial for Shadowbringers is Tom Holland and Hannibal Burress as roomates trying to be funny. Not nearly as good as this.

Last edited:
Here's the next one:

Also, they re-uploaded the first one because in one of the shots the Miqo'te had human ears lol

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
What's wrong wtih Tom Holland trying to be a DRK?
I like the young lad Tom, and I like Hannibal usually, but those ads were a bit meh. The gags/jokes fell flat for me, but I understand the general purpose of hiring celebrities with reach to market the game. I didn't find it to be all that creative with that ad, at least in my opinion.

Having Tom Holland wear legit sick looking Dark Knight armor, giant sword and all, doing shenanigans would be more entertaining. I guess he's not allowed to don fantastical costumes outside of his contract with Disney idk lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom