• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crysis screens

DMczaf

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/screenindex.html

931665_20060630_screen004.jpg
931665_20060630_screen002.jpg
931665_20060630_screen003.jpg

KINGMOKU

This looks so much better then anything else in the works its scary. It makes UT2K7 look like an N64 game.

Why the hell does this game look so unreal in comparison to EVERYTHING else out there? The video with the art guy was just sick.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Fantastic eye candy. I'm not putting much faith into it, though, unless those alien lasers leave black lines in the dirt.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I think it actually is, but it's obviously been "posed" an awful lot.

rod

Banned
the last one looks like art but the others look like in game. its a ****ing great gfx engine

KINGMOKU

davepoobond said:
that last one doesn't look in-game at all. is it really in-game?
Have you seen the 14minute video with the art director? I would almost assurdly say the last screen was a render, but after seeing that video I believe that its in-game. This game is going to win awards for its graphics. They just so completly destroy anything else i've seen.

Ashodin

I can't believe how this game looks.

amir0x this is what I should expect from PS3, not crappy Genji 2. So it does not justify spending $600 for a meager upgrade

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Have you seen the 14minute video with the art director? I would almost assurdly say the last screen was a render, but after seeing that video I believe that its in-game. This game is going to win awards for its graphics. They just so completly destroy anything else i've seen.

yup - that scene on the aircarft carrier was just :O

There's a couple of new videos at gametrailers, LINK, scroll down to where it says gameplay and you'll see two posted 30th June in low def and high def.

Amir0x

Banned
Maxrpg said:
I can't believe how this game looks.

amir0x this is what I should expect from PS3, not crappy Genji 2. So it does not justify spending $600 for a meager upgrade

what the hell does this have to do with PS3.

a.) Crysis engine is coming to PS3 AND 360
b.) Genji 2 is on the low end of the spectrum of next-gen games, why would you buy any system for that crap? You'd be buying it for Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid 4 or whatever.
c.) To similarly add to the "wtf did this come from" factor, Wii games look like Gamecube so $200 dollars ft-biggest-motha-****in'-lose.

Ashodin

Amir0x said:
what the hell does this have to do with PS3.

a.) Crysis engine is coming to PS3 AND 360
b.) Genji 2 is on the low end of the spectrum of next-gen games, why would you buy any system for that crap? You'd be buying it for Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid 4 or whatever.
c.) To similarly add to the "wtf did this come from" factor, Wii games look like Gamecube so $200 dollars ft-biggest-motha-****in'-lose.

Still the PS3 doesn't justify $600, what a waste, the games hardly justify it

I'm so happy you responded to my post, I knew a direct line would get you riled up, lol

Ontopic: God look at those shots. Some of them are so good people are doubting they're real. Next-gen definitely doesn't start until PC says so, lol

Amir0x

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Still the PS3 doesn't justify $600, what a waste, the games hardly justify it

I'm so happy you responded to my post, I knew a direct line would get you riled up,

it just doesn't make any sense! It's off topic as hell AND incorrect in every conceivable fashion so i mean kinda weird you'd want to destroy your credibility in a Crysis thread :|

Ashodin

Amir0x said:
it just doesn't make any sense! It's off topic as hell AND incorrect in every conceivable fashion so i mean kinda weird you'd want to destroy your credibility in a Crysis thread :|

just your replies are funny, lol, you're so off-the-charts on consoles that people think when you post "angry" seeming posts, it sounds hilarious and hypocritical

but anyway I said that because it's a fact - PS3 just doesn't make any sense, you said it yourself, lol.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
They should license out their engine like EPIC does with their UNREAL engine although i am aware of another company using their original Farcry engine.

Amir0x

Banned
Maxrpg said:
just your replies are funny, lol, you're so off-the-charts on consoles that people think when you post "angry" seeming posts, it sounds hilarious and hypocritical

but anyway I said that because it's a fact - PS3 just doesn't make any sense, you said it yourself, lol.

i don't know, you probably should stop making yourself sound like a god-damned retard before you hurt yourself. especially in an off-topic discussion like this!

Ashodin

Amir0x said:
i don't know, you probably should stop making yourself sound like a god-damned retard before you hurt yourself. especially in an off-topic discussion like this!
But this is the gaming forum, not the OT forum! amir0x, check your eyes :lol

Plus I am still talking about Crysis in my posts, so it's not all just me and you

I wonder if the game will have some sort of co-op play. I think it would be sweet to have.

Amir0x

Banned
Maxrpg said:
But this is the gaming forum, not the OT forum! amir0x, check your eyes :lol

Plus I am still talking about Crysis in my posts, so it's not all just me and you

I wonder if the game will have some sort of co-op play. I think it would be sweet to have.

no silly this conversation is off-topic in this thread. hmmm seems you've been at the wii hookah tonight buddy.`

karasu

Amir0x said:
wait what would you be overwhelmed with then

I don't want to start a 'this' versus 'that' or anything. I've been impressed by screens of this game before(those real life Vs crysis images), but these just come off as bland to me.

Amir0x

Banned
karasu said:
I don't want to start a 'this' versus 'that' or anything. I've been impressed by screens of this game before(those real life Vs crysis images), but these just come off as bland to me.

*shrug* alright. i'm just wondering what impresses you from a technical perspective... clearly, i mean, this is a level beyond most of what we've seen

TigerKnee

karasu said:

Suuure buddy. Lemme guess.. MGS4 looks SOOO much better right?

:rolleyes:

squicken

I'll hold out for the superior PS3 version. Not really looking to upgrade my video card until fall '07. Damn those screenies are sweet though.

Amir0x

Banned
squicken said:
I'll hold out for the superior PS3 version. Not really looking to upgrade my video card until fall '07. Damn those screenies are sweet though.

i think not, this is gonna be DX10 based when all is said and done

karasu

Amir0x said:
*shrug* alright. i'm just wondering what impresses you from a technical perspective... clearly, i mean, this is a level beyond most of what we've seen

Oh. I'm not qualified to judge the technical merits of an image.

Kevin

So I wonder if those screenshots are from the Directx 9 version of the game or the Directx 10 version of the game. Either way it looks fantastic and I doubt I will ever be playing this on my Xbox 360. It may be time for me to upgrade my PC. I was considering getting the latest Nvidia card which features 2 CPU's and a gig of ram but with the Directx 10 cards around the corner I'm not so sure if I should upgrade yet.

Top Bottom