• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Cyberpunk 2077 Trauma Team Picture Shows Huge Graphical Upgrade!

LED Guy?

Banned
UPDATE: Look for comment #7 on this post below to see a better clearer picture posted by Senua Senua

Original Post: CD Projekt Red does what UbiDon't!!

The 2020 build (likely final) has better textures, much more effects, smoke and geometry as well, both have different lighting situations (because the game has a day/night cycle) but you can clearly see the upgrade here, it's looking so good, I don't know how the base PS4/XB1 consoles will handle this...

ZY2VKDC.jpg

I also have these too!

e8oxRjJ.jpg

kaBfMiJ.jpg

Last edited:
What's wrong with NeoGAF saying "Failed to Upload" when I upload a file that's more than 2 MB or 3 MB??
It has to be under 1mb or it won't upload. At least that has been my experience with uploading pics. There is alot of free and fast lossless image file size compression websites on google. That will reduce file size.

Last edited:
I am so confused..... Are the people who are saying they can see no upgrade in the 2020 pictures looking at the same thing I am? Almost every aspect of each picture that was posted for comparison within that 2 year difference looks like a massive upgrade from textures to resolution to lighting to everything.
Really depends on standards of "massive upgrade". To me, the elements that make up that scene are about 95% the same in both. The top pic looks compressed, like ripped from a stream + CA, so it's hard to tell. The lighting isn't even the same time of day + smoke. Can you point out how the lighting improved besides the reduction of bloom and increased overall brightness? If anything the lighting looks less realistic...

Only clear improvement is floor textures/filtering, but that's in part a change in material.
When you've been gaming for several console gens, this stuff hardly constitutes as "massive improvement", you know?

Dethavin

Neo Member
Really depends on standards of "massive upgrade". To me, the elements that make up that scene are about 95% the same in both. The top pic looks compressed, like ripped from a stream + CA, so it's hard to tell. The lighting isn't even the same time of day + smoke. Can you point out how the lighting improved besides the reduction of bloom and increased overall brightness? If anything the lighting looks less realistic...

Only clear improvement is floor textures/filtering, but that's in part a change in material.
When you've been gaming for several console gens, this stuff hardly constitutes as "massive improvement", you know?

Well considering I am a old timer and have been gaming since Atari on consoles and started on MUD's and Dungeons and Dragons Champions of Krynn was my first pc game? I would say that constitutes as gaming for several gens.... In terms of massive improvements regarding lighting lets look at the picture posted in post 7.... Simply look at the helmets to see a vast improvement of lighting and reflection. If you look at the 2018 picture if you look at the medic standing directly in the sunlight with 0 light/reflection on the helmet. That by defenition is a massive upgrade. Granted I will admit that there are aspects of the lighting that look less natural but that can be as some of you are championing as time of day as well as smoke. The 2018 picture base light surrounding the ambo compared to the 2020 picture looks a lot better in terms of natural lighting but as previously stated that could be due to time of day smoke etc. etc.

Raphael

Any chance 2077 looks like this on xsx when it release? I mean they got the assets. Why wait with next gen version till next year.

killatopak

Rather than upgrades, this looks more like art refinement.

There are objects removed and objects added. Lighting is different as well as some kind of cinematic filter.

Reactions: Isa

Lethal01

Simply look at the helmets to see a vast improvement of lighting and reflection. If you look at the 2018 picture if you look at the medic standing directly in the sunlight with 0 light/reflection on the helmet. That by defenition is a massive upgrade.

Nah, could be that they simply made the Helmets more reflective, or once again they seem more reflective due to being a totally diffrent time of day.

Lethal01

so.......all games? Even games with super high tech graphics still very obviously computer generated.

Yes, the point being that the new one looks even less realistic.

Obviously the hellblade trailer and assassins creed 1 both look like games, but Hellblade looks less gamey.

baphomet

CDP are masters of downgrading stuff literally at the very last second.

Don't expect it to look as good as either of those pictures.

Lethal01

And you think the pics from 2018 look more like the real world?

Not really, was mostly explaining what he meant.

Although some specific aspects of it look better due to being in easier to compute lighitng, making something in direct sunlight look right is far easier than making something with no strong light source look right.

Top Bottom