• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DmC: Devil May Cry gameplay [Dante Redesigned Again]

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I never really gave a shit about the Dante design. The white-haired, leather jacketed douche doesn't seem much different to this black-haired, leather jacketed douche.

SalsaShark said:
ggApt.jpg

looks as emo as always, only this time he's fighting cyborg wolverines

It seems obvious now you mention it.

Teknoman

And the dislikes were climbing in real time...

Anyway, I wish developers would at least try to put music tracks from the actual game into trailers a little more often these days.

Xater

SalsaShark said:
well if it means we stop getting these terrible videos with horrid presentations and crappy music then im all for this game

I was trying to quickly find DMC3 combos to show how much faster and spectacular it was. It had lots of combos so it was good enough in my book. DmC looks like shit when it comes to combat. Not surprising given NT's pedigree.

Luigiv

Nice to see the retarded cape flare on his original jacket has been replaced with a hood. By no means a perfect concession but much less assaulting on good taste regardless.

Gameplay still looks sub par, though. What's with the new infinite areal combo exactly? Those use to require skill to pull of.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
glaurung said:
I had the art myself, but I did not care to upload it.

The first piece looks like a Meat Loaf album cover, the rest look ass.

Plus, there already is a thread for all of this.
Those would make pretty badass games to be honest.

meatloaf_batouthell_2rus5.jpg

meatloaf_finalcover3wul7.jpg

Hylian7

He still looks terrible. Only slightly better than before, but that's like having herpes instead of having AIDS: They're both bad, just one is worse.

NSync called, they want their member back.

Korigama

zoner said:
this narcissistic art director shit needs to stop
http://i54.tinypic.com/29bjyht.jpg

In all fairness, I'm willing to let this slide because...

1./Adam isn't a redesign of a pre-established character.
2./I'm quite impressed with the art direction in Human Revolution in general.
3./The lead is recognizable instead of being yet another bald dude.

Zenith said:
Why are the graphics worse than DMC4's?

DMC4 = MT Framework
DmC = UE3

Dahbomb

Why aren't people freaking out over the new art (in a good way)?

qrchsp.jpg

This is the single most bad ass pose this new Dante has put up.

Mr_Zombie

Ushojax said:
I never really gave a shit about the Dante design. The white-haired, leather jacketed douche doesn't seem much different to this black-haired, leather jacketed douche.

Now he looks ok, but the first Dante design they presented was a skinny dude who looked like a drug-addict.

Dahbomb said:

I'm freaking over it, I'm freaking.

Nirolak said:
Brutal Legend already did the album cover aesthetic perfectly.

Dahbomb said:

http://i51.tinypic.com/qrchsp.jpg

This is the single most bad ass pose this new Dante has put up.
Really? Because I think it's fucking stupid.

Salsa

fuckin bottle of bourbon in the back as well

CAUSE HE'S DRUNK AND GETTIN ANGEL BITCHES ALL OVER HIS DICK

edit: ALSO HE APPEARS TO BE ON A RAVE FOR EXTREME BADASSNES

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys act like 'I eatz pizza and kicks ass and da girlz come needin my help' wasn't reeking of teenage wish fulfillment.

Gunloc said:
I threw up in my mouth a little on first glance.

I don't count that as a positive reaction.

Yeah. They made him stop looking like a meth addict only to make him look like a douchebag dudebro in a club. The quality of the art is fantastic (whoever the artist is did a great job) but he still looks like a total douche, IMO.

AppleMIX

Nirolak said:
If nothing else it had fantastic texturing.

Man, I want to see DMC running on a PC.

AlphaDragoon said:
Yeah. They made him stop looking like a meth addict only to make him look like a douchebag dudebro in a club. The quality of the art is fantastic (whoever the artist is did a great job) but he still looks like a total douche, IMO.

So he looks like Dante?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dahbomb said:

http://i51.tinypic.com/qrchsp.jpg[/IMG

This is the single most bad ass pose this new Dante has put up.[/QUOTE]

" Bitches please, I told you already, if you try to touch me again I'll shoot you. I ain't into that stuff. "

V_Arnold

zoner said:
You guys act like 'I eatz pizza and kicks ass and da girlz come needin my help' wasn't reeking of teenage wish fulfillment.

You do not wanna pick that fight up. You are fightin' against teen nostalgia then. And that fight cannot be won.

hamchan

Didn't look very smooth at all. I hope that's just the video and not the game.

Character looks better now. Him being looking cocky is much closer to the Dante we all know and love. Much better than that unhappy emo look he had before.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
V_Arnold said:
You do not wanna pick that fight up. You are fightin' against teen nostalgia then. And that fight cannot be won.
Oh, as a game, DMC looks horrible compared to the previous entries, but I'll always maintain that Dante was a fucking awful character. Like, at least Hayabusa didn't talk so much.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so he went from crack addict anorexic weirdo to hipster buff guy who wears tight shirts?

they should just use dmc4 dante, that guy is the best.

V_Arnold

zoner said:
Oh, as a game, DMC looks horrible compared to the previous entries, but I'll always maintain that Dante was a fucking awful character. Like, at least Hayabusa didn't talk so much.

I did not mean game quality vs game quality. Talking strictly about the artstyle and the "uniqueness" of the character design. And the fact that once a character is estabilished, every redesign, Ultimate Universe or "reboot" = change, and that is BAAAD :D

Top Bottom