• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new DQIX / FFIV DS / ToI weekly Jump scans

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
bcn-ron said:
Don't like what I'm seeing. I'm used to JRPG casts being a tad young, but those characters in DQ IX are toddlers. Wtf.
Dq1boxart.jpg

Dq2boxart.jpg

Dq3docs.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
lol, wow, its amazing how close the character designs are in comparison to the original Amano concept artwork. Palom and Porom both look pretty funky, but I think it works.

Also, what's up with Yang? XD

He really does look like Kung-Fu Teddy Roosevelt.

The Rydia CGI is fucking amazing, I look forward to if and how they render child-Rydia in comparison to the original Amano art.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, it was a nice thread while it lasted.

QUICK EVERYONE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND REALLY CARE HOW YOU RANK THE FF GAMES THIS WEEK
yeah I see it already turned into the usual FF pissing contest "my ff is better than yours hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Teasel

according to a siliconera report it seem that you can now mix & match skill from your character so you can have a singing paladin cecil or have edward become a dark spoony bard

Teasel said:
according to a siliconera report it seem that you can now mix & match skill from your character so you can have a singing paladin cecil or have edward become a dark spoony bard
I wonder if the skills that can be moved around are permanent or what. Also, there are basically enough mages who die (
Tellah, Palom, Porom, FuSoYa
) for pretty much everyone in the final party to be a mage, I think.

One thing Final Fantasy IV really, really needs is for spells cast on multiple targets to do 1/2 damage rather than divided damage (make it more similar to FF6), and for the game to be rebalanced accordingly. It's totally fine for most of the game, but it really annoys me that the most effective way to beat the final boss is to kill off two people so you've just got a white mage and two heavily armored warriors, at which point you can just cast Cure4 every turn and nobody will ever die since divided between 3 people it heals so much more and the boss basically can't kill you.

Top Bottom