• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Edge Scores

refreshZ

Scores:

Chibi Robo: 8
We Love Katamari Damacy: 8
World of Warcraft: 9 :)
Genji: 8
Drag-on Dragoon 2: 6
Incredible Hulk: 6
Oz: 8
Advance Wars DS: 8
Coded Arms: 5 < :-/
Chou Shittou (ha) Caduceus (Surgeon Game): 7
Big Mutha Truckers 2: 4
Gametrak Real World Golf: 5

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Surprisingly high scores for Genji en DoD2. And a 6 for Incredible Hulk? Did I miss something? I thought the last Hulk game was concentrated evil, did they fix that?

Phantom

It's probably a review of the import, Edge tend to review games as early as possible presuming a game isn't too heavily reliant on text (Final Fantasy for example :p )

edit - remove comment about second wow review

Stryder

I didn't know that a game based on Oz was in production, I'll have to check it out once it's available.
edit - oops, mistook Oz for American McGee's Oz.
Nice to see that score for Chibi Robo.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Phantom said:
It's probably a review of the import, Edge tend to review games as early as possible presuming a game isn't too heavily reliant on text (Final Fantasy for example :p )

Also worth noting this is Edge's second review of WoW (it also got 9/10 last time) I don't have the magazine yet but I've heard its due to patches etc changing the gameplay.

? I'm pretty sure this is the first time Wow got reviewed on EDGE.

Phantom

*goes to check old copies of Edge

... hmm ok it hasn't been reviewed before... no idea what game I was thinking of then.

Guess the patch thing I heard must be referring to the long wait between release and review then.

teepo

i love how long it took them to review world of warcraft.

probally the only real honest review out there of the game.

demi

Finally, a DS game that I will play for more than a week.

Advance Wars in one slot, Fire Emblem in the other.

DS omegaaaaaaaaaa

bitwise said:
well, i wouldnt hold your breath.

What the hell? This game has a confirmed stateside release. Not only is that why Matt is ga-ga for the game, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo Power confirmed it too.

teepo

krypt0nian said:
If they are the same, they are the same. EDGE just agrees with the rest of the reviews is what I said and its true.

EDGE fanboys? :lol

you don't play mmorpgs do you? :lol :lol
:lol

teepo

krypt0nian said:
hahahahha you're wrong.

I meant you're an EDGE fanboy.

so how is it hard for you to understand that a review that is given 9 months after a mmorpg's release holds more weight then any of the reviews given just a few short days after it hits retail stores. did world of warcraft not change drastically between then and now with the inclusion of battlegrounds, the pvp ranking system, gui, balancing and various other things such as finally being able to log on and PLAY?

and what's with the vendetta against edge? with idiotic comments like that you've shown your value on this board. i'm not going to even bother anymore.

teepo said:
so how is it hard for you to understand that a review that is given 9 months after a mmorpg's release holds more weight then any of the reviews given just a few short days after it hits retail stores. did world of warcraft not change drastically between then and now with the inclusion of battlegrounds, the pvp ranking system, gui, balancing and various other things such as finally being able to log on and PLAY?

and what's with the vendetta against edge? with idiotic comments like that you've shown your value on this board. i'm not going to even bother anymore.

How hard is it for you to understand that you have zero clue how many hours any of the reviews put in before reviewing the game?

Since they will be adding in content/features thoughtout the lifespan of the game I guess we should wait until its no longer being supported to review it then? :lol

I wonder how many hours I played WoW before it hit retail shelves in my many months of beta play? I guess they couldn't have done that too. Sad for them.

with idiotic comments like that you've shown your value on this board. i'm not going to even bother anymore

PezRadar said:
Sorry but.. no.. WoW is just a 9 out of 10 caliber game.. it owns that hard and will consume your family friends and life like no other

Sorry but yes...I agree with the score...just not his "only EDGE reviews matter" nonsense.

wow is overrated it still gets old quickly. All those games do. Of course I quit way before pvp mean't something so perhaps things have changed.

teepo

krypt0nian said:
How hard is it for you to understand that you have zero clue how many hours any of the reviews put in before reviewing the game?

as much as the posted review date leaves me to assume.

Since they will be adding in content/features thoughtout the lifespan of the game I guess we should wait until its no longer being supported to review it then? :lol

every mmorpg should be reviewed in a span of months and not weeks due to the nature of the genre.

I wonder how many hours I played WoW before it hit retail shelves in my many months of beta play? I guess they couldn't have done that too. Sad for them.

oh, you mean the broken beta's which didn't feature every zone where very few people were given the time or ability to even reach lvl 30?

MrPing1000 said:
wow is overrated it still gets old quickly. All those games do. Of course I quit way before pvp mean't something so perhaps things have changed.

That little second judgement of yours is the Toxin Blizzard has infected into you :lol

pilonv1

Just to put some sanity into this debate, I think they may have been reviewing the Euro version, which has only been out for a number of months.

Top Bottom