• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

People who say the bullshots look bad are going to be really disappointed.

This!

Even if pretty small these screens have almost pristine image quality and I'm 120% sure these are PC shots. The game isn't going to look half as good on PS4/Xbone.
But at least they are sharing some bullshots now, guess the marketing team finally woke up.

sappyday

Dude if the game actually looks like those screenshots I'll be 100% satisfied. To me the game looks amazing in them, to the point where I'm a assume they're from the PC build.

Also looks we're finally got a confirmation the game is T. I wonder if the partial nudity is for Cindy.

Japanese publishers really need to stop with the sub-HD promo images.
It's either this or bullshots. Take your pick! There's apparently no middle ground permitted. Personally I can't wait for VR titles being unable to convey the experience properly via screenshot since that will cause bonus confusion and anger.

thelastword

Banned
In before complaints about AA, IQ, Luminous...something, I dunno.

Scream about this game all day every day.
As a matter of fact AA has improved tremendously, they finally implemented some proper AA to this game, it's looking sharper and the MB looks high quality.

pislit

k1X8lD.jpg

Hey, it's Katya Zamolodchikova out of drag, or is she? lol

Mailbox

There he is.

The one and only black man in the game and on the planet.

Aw, so FFXV does have at least one black person.

You know, minus the myriad of other black NPCs we've already seen. (though, many do seem to be using the same model just in different clothing, but i kinda suspect the same will be true for many NPCs)

Though i do wonder if there will be key, or at least story plot-progressing non-white/non-vaguely asian characters in the story. A part of me kinda doubts that though :/

As a matter of fact AA has improved tremendously, they finally implemented some proper AA to this game, it's looking sharper and the MB looks high quality.

The IQ is better because the pictures are downscaled to 1024x576 (that's part of it at least). It won't look as good upscaled to 1080p, even if those are console shots.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Perhaps my standards are terribly low but I think these screens look good...but than again I like Sora's kh3 model so what do I know

Same, i think it looks much improved in these screens compared to previous builds, the foliage and AA in particular look much improved.

Also, Iris should be the main character.

The IQ is better because the pictures are downscaled to 1024x576 (that's part of it at least). It won't look as good upscaled to 1080p, even if those are console shots.

According to DF, the PS4 E3 version's AA was already improved, along with performance and IQ(apparently 1080p in most scenarios)

All I want for this series is for one of the overdressed, ridiculous villains to be forced through some kind of stupid coincidence to have to go talk to Noctis and crew in a burger joint. Like he's trying to be all mysterious and Auron it up and the camera just pans out to someone serving him a burger and fries.

Yesssss.
Imagine thinly veiled threats and evil glares delivered from over a huge strawberry milkshake.

BasilZero

Love what I'm seeing though have to say - does the game have the "hold the button" to attack or is it like KH where its button mashing?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Love what I'm seeing though have to say - does the game have the "hold the button" to attack or is it like KH where its button mashing?

They don't have KH combat, but i think they dialed down the hold button to attack stuff.

Still, at this resolution there's additional AA due to the downsampling. The most effective form of AA at that.

That's still a far cry from saying this is a maxed out PC development version falsely being paraded as a PS4 version

Dark_castle

can we stop with this joke... its getting annoying and stopped being funny 7 years ago

Yeah, it's never really meant as a joke. The group literally looks like a j-pop boyband for god's sake. That can be a good thing for SOME people, but that's what people are pointing out. They simply look like that, that's a fact.

Hold the button sadly.

KyleCross

I'm so concerned for this game... the graphics don't look to be improving at all and every demo we've both played and seen at tradeshows have been terrible in the gameplay department.

I told myself after 10 years I'd be day-1 regardless... but I think I'll wait for Black Friday and by then hopefully have my fears put to rest.

Speevy

Banned
Guys, making fun of the stupid costumes and hair styles in Final Fantasy games has been around for as long as I can remember posting on message boards.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wonder if GIlgamesh will make an appearance in this game. Hopefully the mega-endgame bosses are good.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Here again I prefer Ravus' Kingsglaive design over this one in-game... munble

valkyre

This looks like nothing we have seen so far. Be it demos, live showing etc.

I tend to think these are kinda... bullshots...

mortal

Gold Member
Game Ravus looks like a rejected FFXIII design, Kingsglaive version definitely has a stronger, better design.

I wish they'd show off more interesting points in the game, feels like I've been seeing more or less the same content for a while now. Either the party fighting random enemies in wilderness, or item shopping.

I know they probably don't want to spoil the good stuff, but still scenes more in line with urgency of the plot would be nice.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
*sigh* This looks really bad.

Remember when Square used to be on the cutting edge of graphics and art by producing stunning looking games like Final Fantasy 8?

jiggle

Game Ravus looks like he walked right out of FFXIII, Kingsglaive version definitely has a stronger, better design.

I wish they'd show off more interesting points in the game, feels like I've been seeing too more or less the same content. Either the party fighting random enemies in wilderness, or item shopping.

I know they probably don't want to spoil the good stuff, but still scenes more in line with urgency of the plot would be nice.
It's like seeing variations of duscae over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom