• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Glasses Question - Optometrists GITT

epicnemesis

So I got a new pair of glasses today. First pair in probably 5 years. I have enough contact lenses to last all of 2021 so I figured what the hell and threw insurance money in the new pair.

I just put them on and everything looks weird. Super clear, but weird. I can’t remember if this is just what new glasses look like or if the prescription is wrong. I’m back in my contacts because I felt like the glasses might have made me a little dizzy.

Since I’ve completely forgotten what new glasses are supposed to feel like, I wanted to reach out here and see if this is a normal reaction or if the prescription was screwed up. Again, everything is clear, but notably different than what the world looks like through my contacts.

For reference, I think I went from a 2.0 contact lens to a 2.5 and 2.25 between my last pair of glasses and these.

mango drank

New lenses can feel weird while your brain adjusts. I remember I went for a stretch of 10 years once between prescriptions, and the new lenses made everything feel trippy for a while, almost like weird fisheye distortion, everything wobbly and bizarro. Then after a while, it was fine.

You have to wear the glasses for a day or two to get used to them. If they still feel weird after that, take em back.

epicnemesis

New lenses can feel weird while your brain adjusts. I remember I went for a stretch of 10 years once between prescriptions, and the new lenses made everything feel trippy for a while, almost like weird fisheye distortion, everything wobbly and bizarro. Then after a while, it was fine.

You have to wear the glasses for a day or two to get used to them. If they still feel weird after that, take em back.
You just described what I'm seeing exactly.

Top Bottom