• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Global Mission is live in Pokémon Sun/Moon

Busaiku

The mission this time is 1,000,000 successful Island Scan catches or defeats.
It lasts through January 9 23:59 UTC.
The prizes are 217 FC if the mission is unsuccessful, 2017 if it succeeds.

For those unfamiliar, Island Scan is a feature that's unlocked after 10 QR code scans (100 points). You're then given an area in which the Pokémon will be, and you have 1 hour to engage it.
Here's a list of QR codes.

For those unfamiliar with Global Missions, you can start it up by going to the Festival Plaza.
Once in the Festival Plaza, you head over to the castle and talk to lady next to the PC.
Make sure you start the Global Mission before actually doing your Island Scan.

You'll need to have Game Sync enabled to start doing Global Missions.
To enable Game Sync, you have to head over to the Global Link site, register an account, and then your copy of the game. After that, you just connect to the internet in the game.

Beckx

lol

well I'll take the 217 coins

btw i haven't registered at the website but i was still able to participate in the first challenge & get the (failure) reward.

Akai__

R5UHw6s.gif

entremet

Why does Pokémon use another login method?

Why doesn't GF just use the Nintendo Network?

It's like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Weebos

Banned
lol

well I'll take the 217 coins

btw i haven't registered at the website but i was still able to participate in the first challenge & get the (failure) reward.

I believe the reward (success and failure) is doubled if you register. I got double the failure reward for last time.

Biske

Nope, gamelink is a pain in the ass.

I have very un-fond memories of this service. Either make everything work in game with the online, or don't both. Not going on other websites and registering and linking accounts.

Paltheos

You'll need to have Game Sync enabled to start doing Global Missions.
To enable Game Sync, you have to head over to the Global Link site, register an account, and then your copy of the game. After that, you just connect to the internet in the game.

Oooh, is that why I couldn't login to Game Sync before? Did I just miss the explanation before? I'm sorry. I was foolish to assume that Nintendo would use the same network logins in a single game. (I'm being half sincere and half sarcastic)

entremet

I used Game Sync once for the novelty but then never bothered to do it again.
Good luck, I guess?

Not only that, but it's notoriously unreliable. Sync takes too long and there are many failures.

I've been using it since Gen V for the goodies, which made sense during those days.

However, with the 3DS and the Nintendo Network, you'd think they just integrate all this stuff.

Fewr

They should do cumulative rewards with the biggest one when the community reaches >= 1m. That would be a better incentive.

NSESN

Game Freak just need a patch making Rotomdex say things about it
Like "Why don't we visit Festival Plaza" or "There's a global mission now"

entremet

Game Freak just need a patch making Rotomdex say things about it
Like "Why don't we visit Festival Plaza" or "There's a global mission now"

For the latter, you would need to get online. The game doesn't auto connect to the internet. They could use SpotPass?

Opa-Pa

Thanks a lot for the links, OP. I have to admit the main reason I didn't participate in the last global mission is that I didn't feel like dealing with GF's cumbersome system, but having those readily avaible made it more bearable haha.

I guess I'm in.

Top Bottom