• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 ARG?

leeh

No-ones posted the prize from the T&C's:
11. PRIZES:

The prize pool is as follows:

For the winning team (4 entrants):
Each team member will be invited to provide a photograph of themselves which will be used to create characters in their likeness to appear in the game Halo 5. Winners will be required to complete a publicity release and grant Microsoft all rights to use of their likeness for any purpose.
You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable or if it is unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of the laws of your country of residence, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner amongst the runners up referred to above; and
If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize, if any; an
Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their supplier’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
There are different ways that prizes will be delivered:

Digital prizes will be sent via email to the winner after completion of the journey by the independent fulfilment company. Physical prizes will be delivered within 28 working days from the closing date of the competition: 23.59 GMT on Monday 29th December, unless otherwise specified. The Grand prize will be delivered within 42 days of the competition closing date. The grand prize winner may be contacted separately about their prize its delivery. The Promoter is not responsible for any delays in the postal service.

Nuborn

These glitch ARGs are always some good code breaking fun, here we go again I guess.

Just don't find the submission page on the first day again :)

Glass

Awesome prize. It's always fun playing the earlier Halo's and recognising the faces on marines as Bungie staff.

Up for joining any team, or UK specific team if there's one already going.

I've just spent 5 mins thinking that user/pass was part 1 of the puzzle, thought I had it.

only to realise I was talking to myself in the chat box hahahahahaha

Damn, woke up too late to join in on the fun :)

I wonder if the domain number is random or if there's something to it. Probably nothing.

hqdefault.jpg

Here we go...

Lol - I really don't know why they don't hide the related websites a little better if they don't want us to break the game.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
in fairness this happened with the sunset one and it was a mess, people found stuff out of order and nobody could solve it. I think there's still parts of that one that never got answers.

Nuborn

in fairness this happened with the sunset one and it was a mess, people found stuff out of order and nobody could solve it. I think there's still parts of that one that never got answers.

They're definitely gonna have to change the links up, a quick whois finds every other link registered at the same time by the same people, which all the ones visible through that now redirect to the countdown.

Surprised they didn't see this coming after Sunset, or didn't care.

Shadders

I missed the team boat, but I live central UK (Warwick) and I'm willing to drive anywhere which sounds like will be required.

I also have some friends in Xbox UK PR which could prove useful.

I missed the team boat, but I live central UK (Warwick) and I'm willing to drive anywhere which sounds like will be required.

I also have some friends in Xbox UK PR which could prove useful.

Meet me under the London Eye in 25 minutes - wear pink trousers and a blue tshirt - top sercret. do not tell anyone.

In fairness, if you go back to the thread I was the cause of that as I used the same tactics to find the related websites - apologies.

On the plus side, there seem to be two classes of websites in this mess. Those created by B-Reel UK and those by McCannLondon.co.uk so maybe there are two seperate things going on here.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
In fairness, if you go back to the thread I was the cause of that as I used the same tactics to find the related websites - apologies.

I'm not having a go. I think finding all the pieces at the start if more fun but it gets confusing.

the sunset one was actually pretty funny seeing people try and piece all sorts of weird things together.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Signup still open? Trying the side and server server errors.

I'm not having a go. I think finding all the pieces at the start if more fun but it gets confusing.

the sunset one was actually pretty funny seeing people try and piece all sorts of weird things together.

I didn't think you were. =)

I find it astonishing how easy it is to backtrack the registrations to find the other websites and I don't even work in IT. I have just found another registered on the same day as huntthesignal.com that's clearly linked.

At the moment, to play the game properly, I would suggest analysing the co-ordinates in teh YouTube video. The requirements for the competition clearly show that you need a GPS enabled phone so I imagine some sort of travelling may be required.

Top Bottom