• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'HALO NIGHTFALL' (live-action short series produced by Ridley Scott) Trailer

AlStrong

Looks pretty awesome. Huge step up from FUD.

Will there be a blu-ray release eventually? Would like to see a similar treatment with commentary & making-of etc.

Navy Bean

Looks pretty cool. Do the 5 episodes release weekly or is there some schedule? I'd prefer the whole thing released at once (assuming it's done) but I understand dragging it out a bit.

ShutterMunster

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Looks cheap. Color grade is awful. Production design isn't strong enough and the CGI looks all over the place. Though people seemed to like Forward Unto Dawn, so that group will certainly eat this up.

If Halo is going to exist in the television space it needs GoT/Boardwalk caliber of talent (behind and in front of camera) and budget. The scope of the series doesn't translate well and neither does the art, which isn't very good to begin with. Cool they've got a black lead... that's different.

Korten

Banned
Nope. Nope. Nope.

Looks cheap. Color grade is awful. Production design isn't strong enough and the CGI looks all over the place. Though people seemed to like Forward Unto Dawn, so that group will certainly eat this up.

If Halo is going to exist in the television space it needs GoT/Boardwalk caliber of talent (behind and in front of camera) and budget. The scope of the series doesn't translate well and neither does the art, which isn't very good to begin with. Cool they've got a black lead... that's different.

You do know this is the second Halo web series... right? This isn't on television... That's still hasn't even been shown...

Edit: Okay so you seem to know this is a webseries, but you're trying to compare it to shows on major televisions networks... Your putting your standards for a web series WAAAAY too high.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Are you seriously saying that a limited web series should be held to the same expectations as a premium cable series with nearly 20 million regular viewers?

Ok.

mcrommert

Banned
Every halo series has had a increase in production value...first the shorts than forward unto dawn and now this one. Hopefully the tv show will make that final full budget tv look...but everything i'm seeing here looks awesome

This is coming from a guy that burned the original shorts from halo 3 onto a vcd (before i had a dvd burner)

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm really looking forward to this. Locke seems like such a badass, and the production value of this seems as insane as the content in MCC. 343i killing it.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
There's no HaloWaypoint app for the Xbox One is there?

Will we have to watch it on another device?

HaloChannel is replacement of HaloWaypoint. And yes HaloChannel will be coming to all devices soon. But on Xbox One it will come before Nov 11. Once its on all devices, technically you can watch from all.

That was dry and overly serious. No humor at all, like we had from characters like Master Chief, Johnson, and Cortana. They're up their own ass instead of just relaxing and having some fun with it.

danwarb

That was dry and overly serious. No humor at all, like we had from characters like Master Chief, Johnson, and Cortana. They're up their own ass instead of just relaxing and having some fun with it.
Yeah, characters have been a little stiff since (and including) Reach.

Wasp

I'm assuming this will be streaming only, like Forward Unto Dawn was.

My internet connection was so bad when trying to stream Forward Unto Dawn that I think I must've watched it at 240p or worse.

I'm assuming this will be streaming only, like Forward Unto Dawn was.

My internet connection was so bad when trying to stream Forward Unto Dawn that I think I must've watched it at 240p or worse.

At first, but there will eventually be a disc release, just as with Forward Unto Dawn. I would have to assume it'll be available though Xbox Video/iTunes/Amazon as well.

aj1467

Just realised that Randall can't be a Spartan III like some are suggesting, because they had chemical based augmentations, not surgical. The scene in the trailer (where they mention him being a former Spartan) shows scars similar to the S2 augmentation scars in H4's Scanned trailer.

He also seems too old. So him being a Spartan 2 is the most likely.

I really hope they're reusing that MIA Spartan for this character. Rather than creating another Spartan called Randall. Would be so cool.

Either way, my hype levels are at maximum.

Oh man, this is looking really really good.

Seems like a nice expansion from Forward Unto Dawn (which I loved) both in quality and in story continuity. 343's whole concept of using a web series to segue into their games is really forward thinking & awesome.

This & the MCC are going to force me to buy an xbone!

SpartanN92

Banned
Just realised that Randall can't be a Spartan III like some are suggesting, because they had chemical based augmentations, not surgical. The scene in the trailer (where they mention him being a former Spartan) shows scars similar to the S2 augmentation scars in H4's Scanned trailer.

He also seems too old. So him being a Spartan 2 is the most likely.

I really hope they're reusing that MIA Spartan for this character. Rather than creating another Spartan called Randall. Would be so cool.

Either way, my hype levels are at maximum.

We got a brief interaction with Randall in the short story "Pariah"...I've long been wondering why they chose him specifically in the short story. I've kinda been waiting for something like this for a while now...Good to see that there might still be another Spartan II in the fight (aside from Fred, John, Kelly and Linda)

Top Bottom