• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Idea Factory International Press Event on 4/16 @San Francisco

Kind of weird to put together a presser with food and drinks for one announcement of an otome, but it sounds like it was fun anyway. =P

Would love to attend something like this some day, but I live in FlyOverville, CA. Or not even that. Fly300kmSouthCuzThereAin'tShitUpHereville.

jzbluz

I was browsing VNDB and saw that the original Amnesia came out on August 18 2011, and that August 18 is on a Tuesday this year. Lol, was that actually a coincidence?

Estellise

I was browsing VNDB and saw that the original Amnesia came out on August 18 2011, and that August 18 is on a Tuesday this year. Lol, was that actually a coincidence?

Hmm, could be. Though it'd be a pretty big coincidence since August 1st also has a significance in the game too.

HGH

Banned
Kinda surprising but at the same time I kinda want to say "Told you so". Should curb your expectations really, you guys kinda overhyped yourselves and it's not like they went overboard teasing or promoting this. And Moero just makes no sense to release in the West, especially not in the current games climate where it'd basically be massacred.
Well, at least it looked like a fun dinner event.
An interesting thing I found out is that IFI is just 6 people.
When they were originally formed in 2013 there was an interview where they said they're just 7 people, and I thought they'd have expanded by now but guess I was wrong. Honestly, if you ever looked at a Neptunia game's credits, you could see they're basically a footnote at the very end.
And someone mentioned outsourced translations, well, if we go by those same credits, the translators are actually a combination of IFI and IF Japan's employees with a person or two who edits the stuff.

ShyMel

You know even though I disliked the anime, I'll buy Amnesia to support more otome games getting localized. Wait for me cagey! I'd also buy an LE only release.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gematsu just stuck up all the news.

Nothing too new or special.

EDIT: Iffy's newsletter also sent out.

Press release

Straight outta the heart of beautiful downtown San Francisco, we’re super-pumped to bring you a slew of announcements from our inaugural event! With our very first visual novel ever coming out, more Neps, and more titles for Steam, 2015′s looking like an exciting year for Iffy!

Amnesia: Memories (digital only, Vita & Steam) – August 2015
Can love transcend time, space, and lost memories? Delve into this question with Amnesia™: Memories, which will be exclusively digital for the PlayStation®Vita system in August, with a Steam release following soon after! It will also be compatible with PlayStation®TV. In this visual novel, your life depends on hiding your recent loss of memory while you navigate complex relationships with five men. Will you be able to piece together that which was forgotten and rewrite the lasting love story you deserve, or will your love story come to an end?

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (Vita) – May 19th
May the fight be with you! Hyperdimension Neptunia™ U: Action Unleashed, the first-ever foray into the 3D action hack ‘n’ slash genre for the Hyperdimension Neptunia universe, is set to release in North America on May 19th and in Europe on May 22nd/May 27th (digital)! It will be available exclusively on the PlayStation®Vita in both retail and digital formats, and will also be compatible with PlayStation®TV. Featuring new playable characters, as well as customizable equipment and over-the-top skills that haven’t been seen in previous Neptunia games, this title has something to offer to old fans of the series and new fans alike.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (Steam) – May 19th
We’re super excited to announce that on May 19th the CPU Candidates of Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation will be joining their Re;Birth1 big sisters on Steam! With this PC release, you’ll be able to experience all of the magic of the game that originally launched on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, with the added polish and shine of 1080p graphics!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation (Steam) – Fall 2015
Not only is Neptune traveling across dimensions – now she’s traveling across platforms! After its PlayStation®Vita/PlayStation®TV system release in Summer, Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Re;Birth3: V Generation will get a Fall 2015 release! Luxuriate in all the fourth-wall-breaking comedy you’ve come to expect, with a fine polish of 1080p graphics!

For more info on these announcements, please go to ideafintl.com

Lain

Nice to see Re;Birth 2 and 3 coming to Steam. I'll be sure to grab them when they decide to put pages up on Steam. Same for Amnesia.

koutoru

I wonder what happened to Fairy Fencer F steam and if it's still planned. It got announced together with Rebirth 1.
This is an interesting one.

Unlike Re;Birth, NIS actually localized the original game into English but now Idea Factory international is supposed to localize it for steam.
And unlike Re;Birth, which is basically a completely different game that required a new localization, Fairy Fencer F's steam version will be the exact same game as the PS3 version. Basically IF will almost certainly have to use NISA's localization for the steam version.

Adding to the complication is the working relationship between IF international and NISA (or at least their parent companies) and how the rights for the steam version will be handled.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I can imagine NISA trying to stop them from releasing it by messing with localization rights or something.

Didn't think of this, but rather than it be something intentionally malicious, I'm sure it's just a lot of paperwork and whatnot.

I can imagine NISA trying to stop them from releasing it by messing with localization rights or something.

It seems highly unlikely that IF would have announced a title they didn't have the rights to release. For all we know IF owns the rights to NISA's script anyway.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt that Neptunia PP will find its way on Steam. It was not rated for Steam on ESRB and iirc it has sold pretty bad in the West.

I doubt it sold too poorly. I mean, it IS a spin-off so it won't see main series numbers, and the LE I remember sold out on NISA's store in less than a week. Seems to be selling out often on their site, too.

Numbers are still low, but I'm sure not too bad as a spin-off that's not even an RPG.

Top Bottom