• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

kay said:
61P302%2BgbuL.jpg

51IMHWatiKL.jpg

What are these? The PSP game looks lol

BluWacky

toythatkills said:
What are these? The PSP game looks lol

Roller Angels: Pasha to Daisakusen is a 2D platformer; your town is being attacked by goblins from outer space and you fight back by graffiting happy things on billboards, enemy spaceships etc. Just a game for kids probably targetted at girls, nothing weird.

Ikki Tousen XROSS IMPACT is based on a popular manga/anime reworking of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story but with high school girls flashing their pants and jiggling their boobs while they beat each other up. Looks like some kind of beat-em-up - the "genre" description on the publisher's website is "Big-Breasted Hyper Battle", so...

BluWacky said:
Roller Angels: Pasha to Daisakusen is a 2D platformer; your town is being attacked by goblins from outer space and you fight back by graffiting happy things on billboards, enemy spaceships etc. Just a game for kids probably targetted at girls, nothing weird.

Ikki Tousen XROSS IMPACT is based on a popular manga/anime reworking of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story but with high school girls flashing their pants and jiggling their boobs while they beat each other up. Looks like some kind of beat-em-up - the "genre" description on the publisher's website is "Big-Breasted Hyper Battle", so...
Cheers. Neither looks great though...

Durante said:
Nice EOE boxart, but the cropping they did for the PS3 version sucks.
Definitely. The 360 version looks so much better.

Saying that, all I can see is "End Fo Eternity."

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kid Marin said:
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TLprgZ4CL._SL550_AA550_.jpg[][IMG]http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/I/51siq9ggyUL._SL550_AA550_.jpg[[/QUOTE]

360 cover > PS3 cover

you can see the sun and the top of the tower thingy in 360 cover , dunno why they cropped the PS3 cover it look just wrong.

Goldrusher

^ Yeah.
As for why I only posted the PS3 pic, I swear I only saw the PS3 box. He probably stealth edited his post.
I added the 360 box to mine.

Totobeni said:
360 cover > PS3 cover
[...] dunno why they cropped the PS3 cover it look just wrong.
Blame the new PS3 boxes... they are now more squarer than the 360 boxes.

vh3t6o.gif

(comparison of the space for the actual box art)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wellscha said:
There's a reverse weaboo market in Japan?

Fallout 3 had first week sales around 30k on 360 and 25k on PS3. I imagine it's gotta be around 100k total by now.

Magypsy23

Banned

Kyokugen Dasshutsu 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (1791 x 1607)

logo (2067× 2067)

999 has an excellent pedigree.

Executive producer Kōichi Nakamura
Producer Jirō Ishii
Director, screenplay Kōtarō Uchikoshi
Character designer Kinu Nishimura

I'd start a thread if there were any hope that 999 could see a Western release. :/

edit: oh yeah, there's a commercial too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8G-ama7S0&fmt=35

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Magypsy23 said:

Character designer Kinu Nishimura
Heh, before I saw the name listed I could tell her style immediately even from the tiny thumbnail boxart. <3 Nishimura art.

AAK

Pezking said:
Neo Geo Online Collection Complete Box Vol.1:

51%2BZioxpJYL._SS400_.jpg

51uojmBUpHL._SS400_.jpg
51YXIS2XX-L._SS400_.jpg

51CRusH1TTL._SS400_.jpg
51EGxMnaA4L._SS400_.jpg

61zGnBqirNL._SS400_.jpg
51pXzukGoQL._SS400_.jpg

Neo Geo Online Collection Complete Box Vol.2:

51v%2BfS3c2RL._SS400_.jpg

51uLER5Vn%2BL._SS400_.jpg
51i46zlWvsL._SS400_.jpg

51x3QjsiB2L._SS400_.jpg
61f6o5w6AYL._SS400_.jpg

51AtbtisdRL._SS400_.jpg
51F5VITvgWL._SS400_.jpg

Preordered both weeks ago - glad I held out on the single releases. :D

OK Wow, how do you mod a PS2. I need this.

yankee666

Gold Member
AAK said:
By experience i recommend you not to mod a ps2, in the long run ill be a lot cheaper to buy an import PS2 than to mod one (although it seems that SCEJ forgot to reduce the PS2 price, is the same that 2 years ago!!!)

Dambrosi

Banned
AAK said:
yankee666 said:
Discouragement, buy import PS2 for megabucks like I had to
AAK, there's a memory card mod available that allows you to run imports. Google for it.

Yankee, don't blame your lack of soldering/casemodding prowess on the machine. I've had a modded PS2 for nearly 5 years, which has given me no issues whatsoever. Yes, I do still play on it (currently on Persona 4).

Drame said:
Looks like it.

Here's the PV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1uFlcy0UJc, obviously NSFW. :p
That looks a shitload better than Eloquent Fist, especially when you lose. :D

Michan

kay said:
I find it so hilarious how a film with such a short title has such an outrageously long title in Japan.

It wouldn't be the first time something with a short title in the "west" has had a stupidly long title in the "east," though.
Brain Age = Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju no Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training for Adults, amongst many others

hirokazu

Michan said:
I find it so hilarious how a film with such a short title has such an outrageously long title in Japan.

It wouldn't be the first time something with a short title in the "west" has had a stupidly long title in the "east," though.
Brain Age = Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju no Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training for Adults, amongst many others
Well, it roughly translates to Grandpa Carl's Airborne House. For comparison, Ratatouille was called Remy's Delicious Restaurant. They seem to like choosing more descriptive titles for the Japanese release of these films.

kay

Not sure if No More Heroes is final but I am posting it anyway. Even more PSP titles, dead in the west but certainly not right here.
61jvrJnBlBL.jpg
51m2SiFaAmL.jpg
sbujhk.jpg
35jleex.jpg
51NwMsyQR9L.jpg
51YAzGA1kJL.jpg
61yzkCpKCLL.jpg
TVG-NDS-2282.jpg
4562106780232_1L.jpg

Top Bottom