• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New KH3 clip to appear at D23 (Disney) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer they get 2.5 out next year on PS3, then release an ultimate pack containing everything the year after 2.5 for PS4.
Why not simultaneous release? Considering 2.5 will be late 2014 in the west probably I doubt many would want to wait till late 2015 :lol.

Asd202

Why not simultaneous release? Considering 2.5 will be late 2014 in the west probably I doubt many would want to wait till late 2015 :lol.

They have to put out something after 2014 I mean what's the point of it if there's going to be another 3 year gap between KH 2.5 and KH3? Maybe they'll make KH 0.5 later being only BBS remake.

Yazuka

But IF Nimoy isn't in KH3 it would be pretty neat to get Cristopher Lee to replace him. Even with totally different voice I remember when people were speculating him to do MX in BBS way back :lol.

Hehe, yeah I'm glad he is back. =)
Oh, so there was speculation on for Christopher Lee on that role too? I remember something about Christopher Lloyd being "rumored" to be Master Xehanort I'm still a bit disappointed that didn't turn out to be true.

That was my thinking too.

But 2014 is exlcusively meant for HD remaster. 2015 is for the Kingdom Hearts mobile iOS port.

Hehe, yeah I'm glad he is back. =)
Oh, so there was speculation on for Christopher Lee on that role too? I remember something about Christopher Lloyd being "rumored" to be Master Xehanort I'm still a bit disappointed that didn't turn out to be true.
Fuck I meant Lloyd :D.

Mario007

I'd prefer they get 2.5 out next year on PS3, then release an ultimate pack containing everything the year after 2.5 for PS4.
That's probably what fill happen, in 2015 there will be a KH Final Compilation Remix or some thing like on ps4 which will be basically 1.5 and 2.5 together and maybe DDD added in for good measure so people would buy it again. It's the only way to have one KH game a year till Kh3. I kinda hope Sony paid some monies and we'll get a later 1.5 and 2.5 ports on Vita.

That's probably what fill happen, in 2015 there will be a KH Final Compilation Remix or some thing like on ps4 which will be basically 1.5 and 2.5 together and maybe DDD added in for good measure so people would buy it again. It's the only way to have one KH game a year till Kh3. I kinda hope Sony paid some monies and we'll get a later 1.5 and 2.5 ports on Vita.

I rather they pay to keep exclusivity to PS4 for KH3. But I bet the Xbone will tank anyway and they'll just pull out of the multiplatform thing.

Mario007

You greatly underestimate SEs ability to make up useless mobile and browser spinoffs.
Well I think SE is fully aware how they damaged the brand with those, given that BBS Volume 2 was canned and that was actually pretty hyped up among the fanbase. DDD's perfomance was probably an eye opener for them, though I would argue DDD was simply on the wrong platform, unneccasry as a whole and completely rushed.
I rather they pay to keep exclusivity to PS4 for KH3. But I bet the Xbone will tank anyway and they'll just pull out of the multiplatform thing.
I kinda think that's what's gonna happen in the end. I might be underestimating Xbone but I can't see it selling very well unless a 2009-like PS3 rescue mission is done and I don't see anyone in MS who has the leadership to do that. I mean I doubt KH3 will sell more than 30% of its shipment on Xbone if it is a multiplatform release and even that is a conversative estimate.
Sure, but there already is one announced, most likely to be released next year but I'd hope they wouldn't devote a whole year solely to that one minor title.

Also, as Mario007 says, I can see DDD getting some HD treatment as well, it's as integral as Chain of Memories so it has a good chance of happening.
Yeah I just realised they could also make a KH DDD Final Mix on PS4.

Actually making DDD playable on a home console would be tougher by far than converting KH2FM and BBSFM. It'd mean eliminating and redoing all of the mechanics in the game that make use of the touchscreen and the dual-screens of the 3DS. And the game has a LOT of them.

Don't get me wrong, DDD is deeply flawed, feels half-complete, and is in need of fixes, but I'd rather see Squeenix just give us its cutscenes and devote any actual game-design resources to KH3 at this point.

I'm pretty certain that's the most likely scenario, too.

XJF

Oh god yes!! Richard Epcar is great and is doing a fine job, but I just want Billy Zane back as Ansem. He is so much better in that role.
Corey Burton is great too, but he can't beat Christopher Lee. Would love to see both of them back in KH3.

As long as they keep Lance-fucking-Bass far away from KH3 then I'll be happy.

Big fan of D23 events, super exciting because they usually show off new park rides which I'm an ultra nerd for. Anyway - usually footage is released, but there are always tonnes of YouTube mobile phone recordings of the press events and speeches as well, so something will come out.

ZByB3cr.gif

I'd be fine with DDD getting the 358 treatment, just give me BBSFM HD!
Considering how awesome I find 1.5, a 2.5 would be mind blowing with:
KH:FM -> KH2:FM
Re-CoM -> BBS
358/2 -> ReCoded + DDD

DDD isn't obvious but 2 and BBS are such an awesome package.

Speaking of KHFM, back to these annoying Gummi missions lol.

Having played the two core PS2 titles, I still managed to sink about 60 hours into the HD version of the first KH (50 of which were taken up by getting re-adjusted to jumping with the circle button).
I'm so ready to continue the journey with 2,5HD (and eventually 3). For some reason I'm reluctant to try the card game, though.

J-Rzez

I hope it's something exciting that they show off. Like, say, including Darkwing Duck!

But on a side note, I'm trying to think of what my expectations are for this game. KH1&2 had a lot of content which was also custom tailored world wise. Are we going to see as many, less, or more worlds this time? I expect the visuals to be incredible, of course, as well as the animation due to the type of setting/world the game is.

-Winnie-

It might be a bit soon, but I'm really looking forward to seeing a new design for Sora. All these years it's pretty much just been the KH1 and KH2 designs with KH3D being basically a recolour.

frostshade

Neo Member
Waiting for the KH 2.5 announcement. Don't disappoint me Square.
Announce a secret movie for KH3 in the 2.5 collection and I can cry happy tears.

Exentryk

I hope it's something exciting that they show off. Like, say, including Darkwing Duck!

But on a side note, I'm trying to think of what my expectations are for this game. KH1&2 had a lot of content which was also custom tailored world wise. Are we going to see as many, less, or more worlds this time? I expect the visuals to be incredible, of course, as well as the animation due to the type of setting/world the game is.

I'm hoping we get some large worlds/areas to explore and some decent character control (like BBS and not like KH1).

Famassu

Really, the only thing I hope is that Nomura claims his original promises in regards to KHIII. When they had just finished KHII and Nomura & Co were preparing the FFVsXIII E3 2006 trailer, he said they would take a break from KH by working on something else first and they wouldn't jump straight into KHIII because he had such ambitious plans for it that he knew the dev team would need to know the ins and outs of the then next-gen hardware to realize those plans, so they'd do something else first. Those plans should be especially attainable now that they jumped over PS3 generation are working on more powerful hardware.

That statement really got me hyped about what KHIII would offer, so when I play KHIII whenever it's finished, I want to be all "daaaamn, I see what Nomura was talking about, shit be cray cray."

Were probably going to see a brand new character and it will drive us nuts not knowing what they have to do story/plot wise. And they will resemble someone very closely.

Is it too much for me to ask for some Kairi or Axel footage using their keyblades?

It might be a bit soon, but I'm really looking forward to seeing a new design for Sora. All these years it's pretty much just been the KH1 and KH2 designs with KH3D being basically a recolour.

I'm reasonably sure that KH3 will, at the very very least, deliver new Keyblade Armor designs for Sora, Riku, and basically any other Keyblade wielders who weren't in Birth By Sleep.

Also, new clothes for Lea that aren't just an
Organization coat

New non-Keyblade Armor clothing for Sora, Riku, and Kairi (and maybe Mickey) is less certain than all of the above but is pretty damn likely. Sora's KH2 character design is largely all about the recolors/retextures it receives for the assorted Forms, which are unlikely to be a gameplay mechanic that returns in KH3. And Kairi is going to need to look a little more
battle-ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom