• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone Mercenary Updates Coming, Free Multiplayer Maps

VanWinkle

Hi Everyone. Amongst all the excitement for the launch of PS4 and, of course, Killzone Shadowfall, here at Guerrilla Cambridge we’ve still been busily working away on Killzone Mercenary. We’re now very pleased to announce that there will be a number of updates coming over the next few months.

First up is Update 3. In terms of functionality there will only be minimal changes, but this is the patch that reduces the size of the other patches! After installing this patch it will free up around 800MB of space for those who have already installed Updates 1 & 2. Update 3 should be ready in the next few weeks.

Update 4 is due in January and is being designed to improve Matching and to help reduce join-game connectivity problems, as well as adding an auto team-rebalancing feature.

Following that is the big one: Update 5. Two new multiplayer maps for FREE, and the release of offline Botzone for Mercenary and Guerrilla Warfare modes.

Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing Killzone Mercenary on Vita TV.

We hope you enjoy the additions to Mercenary. Happy gaming.

PS Blog

Blood Gracht? said:
11071245166_e8d13e8e3c_o.png
11071146425_0cd6d65c1c_o.png

Tharsis Depot? said:

This excites me. It's a great game, and it's going to get better. Two new free maps, and offline botzone is GREAT news.

OmegaZero

Botzone, aw yiss.
I hope they consider adding some weapons as DLC, or even changing the way primary and secondary weapons work.

Iacobellis

That last section should confirm that Vita TV is coming to the US. They wouldn't mention Vita TV support on the US blog if it wasn't.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
support for playing Killzone Mercenary on Vita TV.

Good. maybe with VitaTV (if it hit the west) I'll finally be able to play KZ:M because the narrow FOV is not that bad while playing on a TV since on Vita and close to my face it's just make the game unplayable for me.

VeeP

Shiiiiiit. I already spent so much... but I gotta support developers like these. Plus that offline MP just seals the deal.

dreamfall

Yeah, I was wondering why the Patch size was more than 1GB!

I've been having a grand time with the game though (just bought last week)- the online multiplayer is a fully realized, portable shooter. I like the close quarter combat and the verticality of the maps. Hopefully these updates keep coming!

Bollocks

Bloodgracht?
Bring it on, isn't the second map from KZ2 as well? Tharsis Depot?
Vita TV Support? The gift that keeps on giving

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nice on everything; this is still my favorite Killzone game and I'm looking forward to playing it more, especially with bots. Will make things a lot more fun when I can't play online.

Skyzard

Banned
Love all these updates but thanks especially for listening to all the requests for botmode, really do appreciate that especially!

LAA

Nice! Free maps and botzone! Was hoping for dlc for this, but for free too!
Ouch at the patches before, had no idea they were 800mb, so looking forward to having that space freed too!

LQX

They need to patch in a fucking save system. Ridiculous a game in 2013, a portable game at that would be released with no hard save points.

Yopis

Awesome news love this game and glad we are getting updates. Any of you guys still play would love to squad up sometime.

psn kincade

Have quite a few of Vita gas on my friends list but hey more the better.

Skyzard

Banned
Nice! Free maps and botzone! Was hoping for dlc for this, but for free too!
Ouch at the patches before, had no idea they were 800mb, so looking forward to having that space freed too!

Free maps but I think botmode is going to be charged for (says price TBC). I'd be happy to pay for it anyway but I can understand others expecting a free update as it's really missed mode on a handheld. (Random battles are what it's all about with fps right, and don't always feel like going online, or no access).

bLaiSe

I haven't played this game for a long time now but I'll definitely going to after the map and botzone DLC hits. I'm so glad they listened. Also, more free space is always good.

Sanke__

Lol i came in here ready to complain about not having enough space for another patch and its a patch that gives you more space back

I didnt even know that was possible

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Holy shit KZ2 maps? HYPE!

GC have been awesome in terms of postgame support

KZ2 multiplayer and maps still best in the series (with Beach head from KZ1)

it's just sad that Killzone 3 maps (and Shadow Fall too from what I heard) were so freaking awful.

Something around 1GB? Maybe 1.5GB. Can't remember for sure. Freeing up 800MB of that will be GREAT.

dem hi-res textures tho... you don't want PSone textures like in SS.

Sophia

I'm hoping Vita TV support means we can disable the touchscreen on the regular Vita as well. The touchscreen elements were my only real issue with the game. Either way, yaaay bots! Yaaay maps!

Bots especially will be real nice when I'm in a place without internet access.

Great news! Love Mercenary certainly one of the better experiences you can have on the Vita!

Hope the VitaTV makes its way to Europe too. Would be great to play it on a big screen!

Holy shit... the update will wipe 800mb off the patch/update sizes? That's pretty amazing. Should cut them all down to, what? About 200-300mb?

Haha... but I wonder if once all this new content is available if that'll bump it back up to about a Gig again :D

Regardless, can't wait. Love this game.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm hoping Vita TV support means we can disable the touchscreen on the regular Vita as well. The touchscreen elements were my only real issue with the game. Either way, yaaay bots! Yaaay maps!

Instead of swiping to finish the melee...now move the controller :p

VanWinkle

KZ2 multiplayer and maps still best in the series (with Beach head from KZ1)

it's just sad that Killzone 3 maps (and Shadow Fall too from what I heard) were so freaking awful.

dem hi-res textures tho... you don't want PSone textures like in SS.

Oh for sure. KZ:M has better texture quality than even KZ2 and 3 in many spots.

iQ0DosYeMI47e.jpg

RpgN

Love all the support the game is getting.

800 mb? How big is patch 1 and 2?

First one was around 1,1 gb in EU I think. The second one overwrites the first one I think, so it should still be 1,1 gb including both updates.

So, it should also be possible to get some of the multiplayer trophies with bots, right?

I wonder how vita tv mode works, could be potentially faster at pulling off melee/counters.

Also skyfury and porcupine might be easier, or harder.. I find those two pretty hit and miss, especially skyfury.

Skyzard

Banned
This is an improvement by virtue of not having to take my hand off the controller. :p

Haha no it would be horrible! Besides, when you're doing a melee - you can't move around and that anyway! Makes me okay with moving the thumb over (even if you get shot loads sometimes).

Hopefully it's not something crazy like that but yeah it needs to be balanced for online...?

Well Vita TV is going to use the PS4 controller here in NA and Europe, so touchscreen will stay in I bet.

Ah makes sense, nice.

Zen

Banned

Well Vita TV is going to use the PS4 controller here in NA and Europe, so touchscreen will stay in I bet.

What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Mercenary has great maps so I was hoping...

Top Bottom