• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New King of Fighters Confirmed in Development

Loona

hope udon design stays away!

They were never involved with SNP, I don't think that's a problem.
(Still, I'd love to see KoF get handled like the early Udon SF comics were)

King of Fighters 13, was a story game, not a dream match. Those characters are either dead or not in the KoF universe normally. I agree the roster wasn't to my liking either though.

Geese are Krauser are not only alive in the KoF setting, they've also been present in a story game, KoF 96.

Oh and SNK, can you please work on your netcode :) ? Cause i won't buy your game if the netcode sucks. Thanks.

One of the openings is "server engineer" - I guess that may help to boost their understanding of networking?...

The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg

Geese are Krauser are not only alive in the KoF setting, they've also been present in a story game, KoF 96.
I meant characters that are current in the plot, Krauser, sheesh who knows if we will ever see him again, and as for Geese
I had Garou, that takes place at the end of everything, on my mind so I was thinking he was dead, so he isn't dead, yet.

Laconic

Banned
You're probably confusing this game with Guilty Gear Xrd, which was indeed announced a while ago.

Lol. No. I am quite aware of the difference.

As I said, and Tizoc reiterated, the new KoF has been known about since last year.

My post was framed rhetorically.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Some stuff in the pages have been updated. For example the qualifications for the CG designer and Technical designer page says "Past experience with PS4 or Xbox One or PS3, Xbox360"

YES!

The "change the history with your own hands" made me think it'd be a...gasp...touch-controlled mobile game like the new Marvel.

TreIII

I meant characters that are current in the plot, Krauser, sheesh who knows if we will ever see him again, and as for Geese
I had Garou, that takes place at the end of everything, on my mind so I was thinking he was dead, so he isn't dead, yet.

Well, the latest rumors about the next KOF was that it would be another Dream Match.

But perhaps even more convenient is that
KOFXIII's ending pretty much implied that all Ash did as he erased himself from history is that the universe snapped back to a reasonable likeness of what it was before.

That alone should give SNKP the only handwave they need in order to bring back whoever they want. #BringBackTeamNewFace

Please don't be a KoFXII. I'm kind of hoping they build off of XIII and just add to the cast. Though they are probably going with 3D models now and will ditch the sprites. I just hope it is a good game
plus they have all that pachislot whore money

Bring back Geese.

SerTapTap

Please don't be a KoFXII. I'm kind of hoping they build off of XIII and just add to the cast. Though they are probably going with 3D models now and will ditch the sprites. I just hope it is a good game
plus they have all that pachislot whore money

Bring back Geese.

Wasn't XII basically an unfinished game? I doubt that'll happen again.

Loona

Garou is in the Art of Fighting/Fatal Fury continuity, which is generally separate from the KoF one - two of the major things that separate them are Geese being alive or dead, and the ages of the AoF cast.

And considering the time shennanigans at the end of XIII, the next KoF game can get away with including pretty much anyone it wants.

Also, 3D makes Rick and Vanessa's coexistance more likely, just sayin'...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Sorry for the ignorance, but who is the girl in your avatar?

Skilletor

Have any JP games embraced GGPO? I think we had to hound the Yatagarasu devs to include it in their upcoming game and bigger studios are even fussier. As a programmer it's crazy to see people totally ignoring already done libraries that do just what they need.

We don't need GGPO. SC5, TTT2, ASW games all have amazing netcode.

Please bring back Angel, May Lee, Vanessa, and Geese.

Laconic

Banned
Garou is in the Art of Fighting/Fatal Fury continuity, which is generally separate from the KoF one - two of the major things that separate them are Geese being alive or dead, and the ages of the AoF cast.

And considering the time shennanigans at the end of XIII, the next KoF game can get away with including pretty much anyone it wants.

Think we'll get proper KoF versions of the Meira Bros. this time?

Well, the latest rumors about the next KOF was that it would be another Dream Match.

KOFXIII's ending pretty much implied that all Ash did as he erased himself from history is that the universe snapped back to a reasonable likeness of what it was before.

That alone should give SNKP the only handwave they need in order to bring back whoever they want. #BringBackTeamNewFace

They brought back Mature and Vice as GHOSTS, they probably give minimal amounts of fucks at this point.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So...

Dream Match or new arc?

Then again they always put a Dream Match between arcs

King of Fighters 13, was a story game, not a dream match. Those characters are either dead or not in the KoF universe normally. I agree the roster wasn't to my liking either though.

Whatever problem there may be with the roster, I'm 99.9% sure that it has more to do with the fact that the characters were extremely time consuming to make than any story reasons. Otherwise Adel would be in it :|

That said, Geese and Krauser have only been in 3 or 4 games to begin with so it's more of a surprise when they're there than something people should expect.

Flowmoney

Team USA! Everyone make some noise and get hyped!

............:(

I didn't like how KOF roster lost some diversity over the years and couldn't include a black character while several were already apart of franchise.

I want game to have at least one but I can't look to KOF anymore , doesn't stop game being fun but disappointing.

Loona

Think we'll get proper KoF versions of the Meira Bros. this time?

Not really betting on it - at least for a fresh new 3D attempt...

So...

Dream Match or new arc?

Then again they always put a Dream Match between arcs

Dream matches tend to be based on existing assets, with the exception of XII... though call.

If it's a dream match, I hope they at least use pre-match dialogues like SvC and XIII, along with character-specific victory quotes and whatnot, and not unlike XII, use those to give an impression of what the setting's like after the latest story game.

Team USA! Everyone make some noise and get hyped!

............:(

I didn't like how KOF roster lost some diversity over the years and couldn't include a black character while several were already apart of franchise.

I want game to have at least one but I can't look to KOF anymore , doesn't stop game being fun but disappointing.

I'm not sure about a whole USA team, but I'm all for Heavy D! returning with Ryuhyaku Todoh and Duck King - it's about time the background team gets to shine together in the select screen.
Heck, with 3D they could toss in both Ryahyaku and Kasumi with slightly different movesets.

Newboi

I'm excited for a new KoF, but I'd personally love to see a Garou (Fatal Fury) game, or even KoF itself, that follows the gameplay system of Mark of the Wolves. SF3:3S and Garou:MotW are still the absolute pinnacle of 2D fighters imo.

CvS3 would be bonkers, but I doubt that will ever happen. I think Capcom soured their relationship with SNK too much.

Flowmoney

I'm not sure about a whole USA team, but I'm all for Heavy D! returning with Ryuhyaku Todoh and Duck King - it's about time the background team gets to shine together in the select screen.
Heck, with 3D they could toss in both Ryahyaku and Kasumi with slightly different movesets.

I think Heavy D would cool along with Seth but I wouldn't care that the other dude in Team USA made it in.Wouldn't even mind if they made like black female character instead.

I'm excited for a new KoF, but I'd personally love to see a Garou (Fatal Fury) game, or even KoF itself, that follows the gameplay system of Mark of the Wolves. SF3:3S and Garou:MotW are still the absolute pinnacle of 2D fighters imo.

CvS3 would be bonkers, but I doubt that will ever happen. I think Capcom soured their relationship with SNK too much.

if LBJ returned to CLE anything is possible

Het_Nkik

Oh man, I'm gonna be seriously sad if this is full on 3D. KOF was the last bastion of impressive sprite work. No offense to Arc System Works, but their sprites, while larger, don't even compare, especially when it comes to animation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If it's a dream match, I hope they at least use pre-match dialogues like SvC and XIII, along with character-specific victory quotes and whatnot, and not unlike XII, use those to give an impression of what the setting's like after the latest story game.

Oh right, I forgot XII existed

Game Guru

Alright, so where's the usual '...for mobile' or '...new pachislot' follow up?

The kicker: Like Guilty Gear, it's probably because of making new models for the pachislot games that SNK is able to make the new mainline King of Fighters in an affordable way.

Also if this must be 3D, SNK needs to license whatever the heck Guilty Gear Xrd is using for its 'I Can't Believe it's not 2D!' graphics.

Korigama

The kicker: Like Guilty Gear, it's probably because of making new models for the pachislot games that SNK is able to make the new mainline King of Fighters in an affordable way.

Also if this must be 3D, SNK needs to license whatever the heck Guilty Gear Xrd is using for its 'I Can't Believe it's not 2D!' graphics.
It's UE3.

Degen

The gameplay of MI reminded me of a lot of those PS1 fighters from the 90s

Good dumb fun for a while, but then it's right back to the Namco/Capcom games

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Put it on Vita and make it cross-play please!

Finaika

I'm feeling quite pessimistic about this new KOF since its 3D, and SNKP is not really that good at 3D.

I hope it is a dream match, I think that is something most people want now after just finishing another saga after all.

Ah, okay that makes a lot of sense, I try to lump all the games together sometimes.
I want Vanessa back :(.

Sorry for the ignorance, but who is the girl in your avatar?

She has no name, just an original piece of artwork.

Whatever problem there may be with the roster, I'm 99.9% sure that it has more to do with the fact that the characters were extremely time consuming to make than any story reasons. Otherwise Adel would be in it :|

That said, Geese and Krauser have only been in 3 or 4 games to begin with so it's more of a surprise when they're there than something people should expect.
Oh I know the development of making the characters and animations, I was just saying due to the plot of 13, there was a reason why the roster was what it is. That and like you said they couldn't make a bunch of DLC characters as that would have been very time consuming. Surprised we even got Billy.

I really enjoyed XIII, much bigger improvement over XII. I hope they expand on what XIII brought to the table, and either keep it 2D or have the 3D very anime-esque like how Guilty Gear Xrd is doing it.

petran79

Banned
Have any JP games embraced GGPO? I think we had to hound the Yatagarasu devs to include it in their upcoming game and bigger studios are even fussier. As a programmer it's crazy to see people totally ignoring already done libraries that do just what they need.

On consoles SNK will probably use the improved netcode from the PC version of KOFXIII.
hope they release a PC version too afterwards

Top Bottom