• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New laptop suggestions - No OS discrimination here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelus

Anybody here have any experience with the Razer Blade Stealth? It's looking pretty sleek to me, and the build quality looks similar to a MacBook. I'll probably end up covering up the ugly logo on the front, thats no big deal.

Prez

Which sub-500€ laptop has the best build quality, an Intel i3 CPU and 4GB RAM? I want to use Linux and do basic image editing with Darktable. Display quality is less important since I won't find a great display in this price range anyway. I'll invest in a good external display instead.

Sorry to bump this, but it was the closest to a non-gaming laptop thread that I could find.

I'm looking for a cheap laptop that will be able to do these three things:

1. Watch Big Brother live feeds, which requires me to use a VPN.
2. Write papers for school - preferably with Microsoft Word, since those documents will be the easiest to open and print at school.
3. Just a bit of image editing. Like, pasting a PSD on top of another image. (Photofiltre)

I've been thinking about getting this:

Hewlett Packard 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Intel Celeron N3060, 4GB Ram, 16B eMMC Storage, Chrome OS), Black
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KWCIC8C/

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom