• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mad Max Screenshots & Concept Art

10/10 licensed game!
Looks like a cross between Borderlands, that ID tech demo game I can't remember the name of and that Rapper fighting game from the 360 launch.

KeRaSh

I'm still very sceptical about this game even though I love Mad Max and Avalanche Studios. Not a big fan of the focus on vehicular combat but the other things still sound good. The screenshots are nothing to write home about but as long as it's fun I'll play it.

Salsa

is it weird that I like that it's set in a desert cause it means there's probably not a lot of moving parts and stuff to render and it'll run better on my PC

UrbanRats

Art direction feels lacking and bland, when you compare it to the powerful use of saturated colors the latest movie seems to be doing.

Infos sound really good tho.

SJRB

Gold Member
These shots aren't doing the game much favor, to be honest.

I don't understand why Avalanche just refuses to release some gameplay footage.

Will play the fuck outta this but man, it needs PBR. STAT. Every metal, leather, wooden surface needs PBR in this game. It just looks wrong with this.

Pretty exciting stuff, I'm so looking forward to their E3 demo, I hope they have a lengthy one, cause they need to show Car Combat, The Wasteland, Hand to Hand Combat, and some bits of the story.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I was initially cagey on this game, but I'm so in now. The new film got my hype up for this.

They had no clue about "The Road Warrior" DLC that Sony announced at E3 2013 during the game's reveal. Of course that would be my question I submitted and doesn't get a answer! lol

What lol. Is this one of those cases where the dev is told they're doing something through a public announcement? Pretty crappy.

Simo

What lol. Is this one of those cases where the dev is told they're doing something through a public announcement? Pretty crappy.

Well I went back afterwards to watch the E3 reveal and they called it the "Road Warrior Survival Pack" so wording it as DLC might of threw them off. Or not given they still had no idea about a road warrior anything. lol

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, im looking forward to this game but a few things should be done -

1) A sniper rifle in a car while driving? How does this make any sense? Should be replaced with a handgun/revolver.

2) Warner Bros is publishing the game. They should try to get Tom Hardy for the Mad Max character. Use him for the face and character model/build and for whatever voice acting that needs to be done for the character.

3) Warner Bros should delay the game until early 2016. Not just because of the above two reasons but also so the game can be fine tuned to what it should look like on PS4/Xbox One. Also, they should add in a gyrocopter as it was in the franchise. Don't remember which one but I remember there being one in one of the movies. And finally, don't release the game on the same day as MGS V. If I had to pick one, I would pick Mad Max since my interest in MGS has faded since MGS 2 but it's going to get killed in sales. Don't kill what could be a good new IP trilogy by releasing the first game on the same day as MGS V.

In the end, just have to wait and see what happens.

Simo

I think it is pretty obvious that they tried to move him closer to Tom Hardy but they aren't actually connected to the films with this game so they can't use the actors.

The game is a prequel to Fury Road.

Personally, im looking forward to this game but a few things should be done -

1) A sniper rifle in a car while driving? How does this make any sense? Should be replaced with a handgun/revolver.

2) Warner Bros is publishing the game. They should try to get Tom Hardy for the Mad Max character. Use him for the face and character model/build and for whatever voice acting that needs to be done for the character.

3) Warner Bros should delay the game until early 2016. Not just because of the above two reasons but also so the game can be fine tuned to what it should look like on PS4/Xbox One. Also, they should add in a gyrocopter as it was in the franchise. Don't remember which one but I remember there being one in one of the movies. And finally, don't release the game on the same day as MGS V. If I had to pick one, I would pick Mad Max since my interest in MGS has faded since MGS 2 but it's going to get killed in sales. Don't kill what could be a good new IP trilogy by releasing the first game on the same day as MGS V.

In the end, just have to wait and see what happens.

1. Long range for taking our watch towers. The leaked gameplay showed it being used pretty well but even the admission of one the new previews said they favored the harpoon and didn't use the sniper rifle much at all.

2. They've pretty much modeled Max as close to Hardy without actually being Hardy anyway and chances are it was never in his contract to do the games but timing probably didn't help. The guy has been busy with various film and TV projects during and after Fury Road wrapped.

3. Mad Max is all about the cars! The gyrocopter might be neat for 5 minutes but whats the point? Avalanche did mention they might add it via DLC. As for the release date, I think WB wanted it to be released as close to the movie as possible so the fact they missed the May release probably didn't help and I believe the September date coincides with the Blu-Ray release of the movie.

They might move the date or not but I personally I don't see MGS as being the big AAA blockbuster like CoD or Halo that other games need to avoid, and this coming from a former huge MGS fan that used to break news and dig up stuff other sites shared back during the MGS2 and MGS3 days when I was on metalgear.net. I mean my friends and some of my social network either care little or have barely played a MGS title that have no interest in MGSV or have even heard of it. lol

I'm guessing Avalanche might be releasing something soon? They posted this shot and caption this morning:
11164586_845418925513706_7065526963250884859_o.jpg

There's something brewing out there... Keep your eyes open.

DOWN

Banned
The game is a prequel to Fury Road.
Is that recently noted somewhere? They said not long ago that the game started as a tie-in and then broke off instead so that they aren't using the same Max and the story is standalone in the Mad Max universe.

MiguelItUp

The more I see and read about this, the more excited I become. Sure, the whole shotgun & sniper rifle being the only accessible firearms thing does sound a bit strange, but it could definitely work with the lore. I'm really hoping gameplay pulls through in the end for this.

IvanJ

Banned
I like this type of games, but will definitelly wait for reviews first, and for a discount next.
Hopefully it will be as good as Rage, I will not accept anything less.

PS2 models with PS3 textures and PS4 lighting

Mad Max: Beyond Disappointment

Nah, I actually think it looks pretty good, and sounds fairly interesting conceptually. Looking forward to seeing more at E3.

Simo

Is that recently noted somewhere? They said not long ago that the game started as a tie-in and then broke off instead so that they aren't using the same Max and the story is standalone in the Mad Max universe.

Yeah Frank Rooke, director, stated it numerous times .

Also a trailer is coming...tomorrow!

DOWN

Banned
Yeah Frank Rooke, director, stated it numerous times .

Also a trailer is coming...tomorrow!
Yeah, so I heard him say that in the game informer video but then they also comment that it isn't a tie in. Sounds like they made sure it doesn't conflict with the new film, but isn't actually tied to it. They say it is a different Max and standalone story based simply on the mythology, unless I'm missing newer comments where it has been mentioned it is actually reconnected to the film?

Any word on the trailer?

Simo

Yeah, so I heard him say that in the game informer video but then they also comment that it isn't a tie in. Sounds like they made sure it doesn't conflict with the new film, but isn't actually tied to it. They say it is a different Max and standalone story based simply on the mythology, unless I'm missing newer comments where it has been mentioned it is actually reconnected to the film?

Any word on the trailer?

Yeah I think it was one of the mag previews like OXM or GamesMaster that brought it up again and then this week in DC Comics July Solicitations for the Mad Max Fury Road prequel comic they mention how Max has to go to Gastown for the final part of rebuilding his Interceptor and fighting in another Thunderdome. Since the comics are written by George and his team and canon and line up with the events in the game it seems like they are all connected.

As for that trailer...in about 5 minutes!

bosseye

Sounds great. Looks ok, might be one of those that looks far better in motion. I really need to see some gameplay though.

Top Bottom