• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New map packs announced for Call of Duty 3

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/751/751842p1.html

December 20, 2006 - Today, Activision announced its plans to unload two new map packs for the WWII shooter, Call of Duty 3, on unsuspecting Xbox 360 owners. These maps will be available after the holidays and will be divided into two strategic releases. The first release will be the Bonus Map, named "Champs," which is free, and will take players through France's Port Royal de Champs. The second release is the Valor Map Pack, which will contain five multiplayer maps and will be sold for 800 Microsoft Points.

No announcements have yet been made about downloadable maps for the PS3 or Wii versions of the game, although we must assume that the lack of any sort of multiplayer in the Wii version will keep this from becoming a possibility.

Mrbob

Today, Activision announced its plans to unload two new map packs for the WWII shooter, Call of Duty 3, on unsuspecting Xbox 360 owners.

Haha, bullshit total. All Xbox 360 owners expected to be gouged with new maps for CoD3.

Gigglepoo

Wario64 said:
No announcements have yet been made about downloadable maps for the PS3 or Wii versions of the game, although we must assume that the lack of any sort of multiplayer in the Wii version will keep this from becoming a possibility.

Now that's journalism.

raYne

Mrbob said:
Haha, bullshit total. All Xbox 360 owners expected to be gouged with new maps for CoD3.
Unsuspecting as in timewise.

I'm surprised that they're coming out this early.

Gigglepoo

raYne said:
Unsuspecting as in timewise.

I'm surprised that they're coming out this early.

Seems like they may have been held out of retail copies. Ah, the joys of next generation gaming.

Gigglepoo said:
Now that's journalism.

I like how the Wii version not having multiplayer has an affect on the chances of the PS3 version getting the map packs.

Thanks IGN.

bengraven said:
They should keep making maps for CoD2. Because, you know, it's a better game...

...except for the multiplayer.

Gigglepoo

bengraven said:
They should keep making maps for CoD2. Because, you know, it's a better game...

And so goes the curse of yearly sequels.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I like how the Wii version not having multiplayer has an affect on the chances of the PS3 version getting the map packs.

They didn't say that. They ruled out the Wii version but have no clue about the PS3 version.

Gigglepoo said:
They didn't say that. They ruled out the Wii version but have no clue about the PS3 version.

The way it reads says otherwise that's all I'm saying.
Then again I'm just going by the blurb Wario64 quoted.

Mrbob said:

I love the way that even free maps plus the option to purchase some more is somehow a negative point compared to nothing free and no option to buy.

Gigglepoo

PepsimanVsJoe said:
The way it reads says otherwise that's all I'm saying.
Then again I'm just going by the blurb Wario64 quoted.

Huh, you're right. Grammatically, it says that the lack of multiplayer on the Wii means neither the Wii nor the PS3 version will have multiplayer. Guess IGN has some inside information...

Nice.

Finally some new maps. This will be the second time I've ever paid for extra content but the multiplayer on COD3 is worth it.

Too bad that most of the Axis weapons suck.

im baffled as to why theres no news of maps for the PS3 version......since PS3 does have a standard harddrive that every owner can download and play
sounds like another Activision blunder to me (like the mediocre THPS8 and CoD3 PS3 affairs)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
frAntic_Frog said:
im baffled as to why theres no news of maps for the PS3 version......since PS3 does have a standard harddrive that every owner can download and play
sounds like another Activision blunder to me (like the mediocre THPS8 and CoD3 PS3 affairs)

You know, PS3 doesn't even have microtransaction addons for any of their retail games. Maybe it's just not set up at the moment?

moai

Dash Details: Five all-new Call of Duty 3 multiplayer maps for online, split-screen, and System Link play! Battle it out in abandoned prison camp in Stalag 23. Engage in epic house-to-house fighting in a rural French village in La Bourgade. Navigate the battered warehouses and naval machinery of an oceanfront shipyard in Ironclad. Launch an all-out assault across a battleground choke point in The Crossing. Take cover in the thick trees and overgrowth of a mountaintop listening post in Wildwood.

Edit: It turns out there is an issue w/ the map pack. The developer is aware and we're all working on it.

they took the maps down...........

Kingpen

I was wowed by COD3 on the first couple of missions, but the game is on a plateau now... I'm basically forcing myself to finish it so I can trade it in. I now think COD2 is so much better.

Kingpen said:
I was wowed by COD3 on the first couple of missions, but the game is on a plateau now... I'm basically forcing myself to finish it so I can trade it in. I now think COD2 is so much better.

This man speaks the truth, also I got sick of the current gen graphics mixed with nextgen effects. Multiplayer is good, but COD4 will be the true successor to COD2. That and finally there will be a COD with next gen visuals. BIA:HH blows this game out of the water.

The single player game started off fine but some levels are indeed less than desirable. MP more than makes up for it though. The issue was the same with Halo 2 for me. Single player wasn't all that appealing but MP made up for it. I finally finished Halo 2's single player game a month ago after playing the multiplayer game since I bought it.

Top Bottom