• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS5 The Phantom Pain Announcement on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

All the retailer reiterations of mid-to-late June are offering a slight hope that we'll finally be receiving a release date this week. Whatever happened to the supposedly new Ground Zeroes DLC being hinted at recently?

Haven't you heard?
The Phantom Pain is one big DLC.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
what if the countdown is for another countdown?

Freaking_Vortex_-_2_panel_6067.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
So TPP takes place in the 80's? Forgive me, I have been shying away from info about this but has Jaeger been confirmed as a character in TPP? Has Mozambique been confirmed as a location in TPP?

For now, no and no. We know there will be child soldiers in Africa [possibly Liberia], so there is a chance we will see young Jack the Ripper, and of course, young clones of Big Boss. IMO, because solder who helped Big Boss to escape hospital in Cyprus is also voiced by Keifer [and we don't see his face], there is a big chance that is Solidus.

Skullface

For now, no and no. We know there will be child soldiers in Africa [possibly Liberia], so there is a chance we will see young Jack the Ripper, and of course, young clones of Big Boss. IMO, because solder who helped Big Boss to escape hospital in Cyprus is also voiced by Keifer [and we don't see his face], there is a big chance that is Solidus.

Wat? No... That couldn't be Solidus. He'd barely look to be about 18 in 84. Ishmael was a 35+ looking individual.

Wat? No... That couldn't be Solidus. He'd barely look to be about 18 in 84. Ishmael was a 35+ looking individual.

You have to remember that Solidus aged faster than the other Snakes. By the time Solid Snake looked into his late 20's/early 30's in MGS2, Solidus looked to be well over 50.

Skullface

You have to remember that Solidus aged faster than the other Snakes. By the time Solid Snake looked into his late 20's/early 30's in MGS2, Solidus looked to be well over 50.

I'm keeping that in mind when I say that Solidus wouldn't appear to be much older than 18 at the time.

Edit: I'd also say that Snake appears to be in his late 30's early 40's in MGS2. His actual age was 37 during the Big Shell.

Palpable

Just because he looks older in MGS2, it doesn't mean he would look any older in 1984.

Right. Accelerated aging doesn't have to start at birth or even a young age.

Supposedly the reason they even had accelerated aging in the first place was simply because they were weapons themselves. Engineered that way, as Naomi explained it.

yeah we really don't know how the accelerated aging works, but solid snake went from nearly his normal age in looks in mgs2 to that of a 60+ year old man in mgs4. it's safe to say that the majority of the acceleration takes place later, at least for solid and liquid. eli is another piece of evidence of that, he's 12 and he looks 12. so solidus could hypothetically age faster than the other 2, but we really don't have much evidence to support that. plus, 8 year old solidus looks like 49 year old big boss? ehhhhh. solidus being someone like the medic would be at least a little big more plausible. still, like the last few mgs games, fans are obsessed with the main character being someone else and/or the game being some kind of VR simulation. time and time again people have come up with these theories post mgs2 and time and time again we've gotten the game, setting, and main character that was presented to us in trailers.

Palpable

yeah we really don't know how the accelerated aging works, but solid snake went from nearly his normal age in looks in mgs2 to that of a 60+ year old man in mgs4. it's safe to say that the majority of the acceleration takes place later, at least for solid and liquid. eli is another piece of evidence of that, he's 12 and he looks 12. so solidus could hypothetically age faster than the other 2.

I agree that he looked his age up to MGS2, but let's not forget that Gray Fox brought up Snake's aged look in MGS1. It probably had nothing to do with the cloning though, just Gray Fox's way of saying that all the shit Snake went through up to that point shows.

plus, 8 year old solidus looks like 49 year old big boss? ehhhhh.

What makes you say he'd be 8?

I agree that he looked his age up to MGS2, but let's not forget that Gray Fox brought up Snake's aged look in MGS1. It probably had nothing to do with the cloning though, just Gray Fox's way of saying that all the shit Snake went through up to that point shows.

What makes you say he'd be 8?

wasn't he born in '76?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My guess is this is finally the long awaited announcement of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pan Sustenance Edition for PlayStation Vita starring David Hayter as Big Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom