• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MotorStorm pics!!

Gek54

Insane Metal said:
Nope, its 4D

Oh NOS!
1219.jpg

It is!

Feindflug

Looks vastly improved from the first bunch we saw...Awesome! Another game I'll get with my PS3 next March...
Europe FTL!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wow. Like I said last time, I cannot wait to see this in motion again.

And I still think something like this has a better chance of hitting this year than, say, something like Warhawk. The media flow on it has been fairly regular since E3.

guise

Jesus aliasing Christ whats going on with the jaggies!?

That said this does look to be the most insanely fun game on the PS3

JB1981

gofreak said:
Wow. Like I said last time, I cannot wait to see this in motion again.

And I still think something like this has a better chance of hitting this year than, say, something like Warhawk. The media flow on it has been fairly regular since E3.

Gamestop, who used to have Warhawk as a launch title, now has it slated for June 1st, '07. :(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
JB1981 said:
Gamestop, who used to have Warhawk as a launch title, now has it slated for June 1st, '07. :(

I would not be surprised (although Gamestop isn't always very reliable with placeholder dates).

Tk0n

Zaptruder said:
Target. Achieved.

:D

you might want to check that target again...

even though motorstorm has vastly improved in the last months, especially lighting and motionblur, its still nowhere near the target. (polycount, textures, aa (wtf?))

if the animation comes close to the target, remains to be seen.

JMPovoa

It's kind of amusing to watch some people here getting assured to buy the game because it improves slightly from older screenshots. :D

The physics engine is what it was all about. That's what makes the engine shine.

Yah the pics have improved but man that first video from E3... that blew me away and this in motion still wont be as good as that. Damn liars

Killamangiro said:
Yah the pics have improved but man that first video from E3... that blew me away and this in motion still wont be as good as that. Damn liars

What's really funny is that you thought it was real in the first place. How the heck could anyone figure that that CG was real gameplay?

Draft

Moderation Unlimited said:
What's really funny is that you thought it was real in the first place. How the heck could anyone figure that that CG was real gameplay?
Come on now. During E305, it was a popular (not universal, but popular) opinion that Killzone and Motorstorm were in fact real time, and indicative of the graphical quality PS3 games would deliver. You can try to spin that now with PR blurbs about "in-game assets", "sped up dev kit screenshots" or whatever else, but it was very much believed by many people that Sony's talk about being the "real" next-gen was 100% true, and I saw more than my fair share of Wallguy/Killzone guy comparison .jpegs.

In fact, I'd say there were still true believers all the way up to E306, when Motorstorm (and the rest of the PS3 line up) actually appeared.

At this point, I don't know who's more irritating. The trolls who constantly point out that Motorstorm looks nothing like the target render, or the fanboys who say it looks better.

The game looks amazing, and it's because of the incredible lighting. If the final version moves well and has a great sense of speed, this will be the high bar for next-gen racers imho.

Compared to the target render the only 2 problems I see are the global lighting style and the car damage marks, in the new shots it looks like they opped for more bumpmap then texture damage scrapes.

Top Bottom