• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Color: Metallic Red (Japan)

8wo4HtV.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2013/130515.html

Out June 13 in Japan.

(not to be confused with the red model, this one is metallic!)

zroid

Banned
is this the same colour as the one from the 3D Land bundle? IIRC, that model was slightly different from the standalone Flame Red.

edit:
lgt51b5.png

(left is from the 3D Land bundle; right is the Flame Red)

Alex

It'd be nice if they could mildly redesign the original model to have the tweaks and perks of the XL while maintaining the form factor/screen size.

Eg; stylus position, reduced screen glare, better buttons, better battery life, corners that don't shiv your palms, etc.

Raptomex

I'm at work. Someone open Photoshop and use the eyedropper tool and lets get some color codes here. I know red is FF0000.

jts

...hate me...
If they want to keep a smaller form factor, they should just redesign the OG. It's hideous.

A nice sleek small design would race head to head with the XL in sales I thing.

Etzer

is this the same colour as the one from the 3D Land bundle? IIRC, that model was slightly different from the standalone Flame Red.

edit:
lgt51b5.png

Interesting. So "Metallic Red" is the one from the 3D Land bundle and it looks like "Cobalt Blue" is the one from the Fire Emblem bundle.

LuuKyK

Is it me or there are like thousands of different colors of DS/3DSs out there (in Japan at least)? I love this trend. Every console should follow it.

Sophia

edit:
lgt51b5.png

That can't be right. I got the 3D land bundle and mine looks like the right one.

Drago

That can't be right. I got the 3D land bundle and mine looks like the right one.
There were two 3D Land bundles, both in 2011 and 2012. Seems that the 2012 bundle was a new color entirely.

Kinda funny seeing everyone decry NoA about colors in here, when they were the first ones to release the color!
not that it's an excuse though :mad:

Sophia

Weird, not sure how to explain that. Well, if you care, this is the album I pulled the pic from: http://imgur.com/a/4yfiN it goes into a bit more detail

One second, I'll take a picture of mine.

As you can see, it's the flame red model, not metallic red.

There were two 3D Land bundles, both in 2011 and 2012. Seems that the 2012 bundle was a new color entirely.

Kinda funny seeing everyone decry NoA about colors in here, when they were the first ones to release the color!

Ah, that would explain it. Mine was purchased Christmas 2011.

zroid

Banned

ahhh, there we go. Thanks for clearing that up :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Top Bottom