• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Woffls

Dammnnn good work on the OT.

I've got the Majora's Mask N3DSXL.... awaiting dispatch :( not expecting it until Saturday at the very earliest now, which is a shame. I got the Majora's Mask LE today with the badge, poster etc so I might just start the game on my OG 3DS and transfer the save over along with everything else.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Really want one (XL), will probably get one the next time I'm abroad (because they're still really expensive in Norway).

Been happy with this bad boy so far

10404475_10152520202292553_2500455861017247372_n.jpg

Rocky

Banned
There's a ginormous line at Nintendo World right now, it almost goes all the way up the block, not sure if its for the N3DS XL or their getting a new shipment of amiibos or both.

Great and funny OT; nice work! :D Can't wait to get my system tomorrow if GameStop honors their trade-in deal here. And one thing I wondered, how does the screen of the New 3DS compare to the old 3DS? Not the size or PPI but rather the colors and brightness, does anybody know?

Jarnet87

Getting mine after work tomorrow. I only have one game on my old 3DS XL so I'm hoping the transfer doesn't take too long. I want to pick up another game for the system, thinking between Majoras Mask, Smash Bros, and Braverly Default. I may just go with Smash for now since I'm playing a lot of EQ and not much else, and Smash is something I can just pick up for a few minutes every couple of days and not have to worry about forgetting where I am in the game.

LayLa

got my white n3DS earlier on today, transfer process was a bit convoluted but easy to follow, have Kyary coverplates on the way.
Now for some Monster Hunting!

kubus

That is a good idea actually. If enough people are interested, I may expand the topic a bit to include Badge Center updates. I am hoping to have someone in EU help co-create the thread since me being an American I am focused on the JP side of things.

One for themes would be great. Was thinking of putting something together to link to YT videos of the bg music themes to make previewing themes easier.
Sounds great. I'm up for collaborating on it and I have both a EU and JP (N)3DS, so that would work out. The linking to YT videos for themes is also a good idea :)

Great and funny OT; nice work! :D Can't wait to get my system tomorrow if GameStop honors their trade-in deal here. And one thing I wondered, how does the screen of the New 3DS compare to the old 3DS? Not the size or PPI but rather the colors and brightness, does anybody know?
I only have the originals to compare, but the details in the newer model definitely pop out. I tested Smash on the original vs. the new and it was no contest. Smash runs beautifully on the new system. Also there has been MH4 footage that shows it runs much shadows and textures on the newer model as well.

Also for people that don't know me, I actually don't hate the new XL. The system is nice. I just really like the regular more. Which makes it more painful that NA is probably never going to get it.

Hattori

Banned
I'm excited, already have black n3DS(JPN) and just waiting for MM nXL along with a Red nXL as my daily driver.

For those on the fence the Red looks really nice in person, it's got a blood red shade to it and the inside doesn't look pink unlike the promo pics.

Cbajd5

There's a ginormous line at Nintendo World right now, it almost goes all the way up the block, not sure if its for the N3DS XL or their getting a new shipment of amiibos or both.

If I remember correctly they said people could line up today starting at 6AM for the New 3DSXL/MH4U/MM3D triple midnight launch.

Also my MH4U Bundle finally shipped from GameStop apparently, as I just got a MyUPS notification about it arriving tomorrow.

I'm excited, already have black n3DS(JPN) and just waiting for MM nXL along with a Red nXL as my daily driver.

For those on the fence the Red looks really nice in person, it's got a blood red shade to it and the inside doesn't look pink unlike the promo pics.

Pics!

All my Nintendo handhelds are black, but that red - ̗̀ New ̖́- 3DS XL has me tempted.

wiibomb

I still haven't received my MH N3DS shipping info and I'm going NUTS if the thing doesn't come deliver tomorrow :(((

Hopefully I can muster the strength to wake up tomorrow after working until 11 tonight and being kind of sick. Planning on getting to Target around 6:30 am ish

Effect

Has anyone had their order from GameStop updated? Shipping confirmation? Payment confirmation? Etc? I know I'm most likely not getting mine until sometime next week but no movement on my order other then I can no longer change the shipping and that was a few days ago.

Busaiku

IAlso my MH4U Bundle finally shipped from GameStop apparently, as I just got a MyUPS notification about it arriving tomorrow.

Augh, why the heck did my store not let me upgrade shipping.
I don't understand why they didn't want more of my money...

Cbajd5

Has anyone had their order from GameStop updated? Shipping confirmation? Payment confirmation? Etc? I know I'm most likely not getting mine until sometime next week but no movement on my order other then I can no longer change the shipping and that was a few days ago.

Nothing's changed on Gamestop's website, nor have they sent me any e-mails, but like I said earlier I got a MyUPS notification that I'm getting a delivery tomorrow and the it's from GameStop.I paid for one day shipping (which means release date arrival to them) and haven't ordered anything from them but the MH4U new 3DS bundle, so it has to be that.

I wish GameStop shipped the Majora's Mask Edition to stores instead of having to get it shipped to my house. Who know when I'm actually going to get it...

Lothars

I've decided that I will keep my order for my Majora's Mask 3DS but I do have to say the no AC adapter still really bothers me.

It's such a dick move for Nintendo and I still feel it will hurt them in the long run.

either way I am excited to get the new 3ds and hope it is really good.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Black n3ds delivered this morning (I'm in the UK) just done the system transfer from my original 3ds which thankfully didn't take long. No cover plates yet since Nintendo sent them in a separate delivery and with Hermes, so I'll probably get them next week sometime...

Still, super happy with it, the coloured buttons look awesome and the 3D is much better. Now to finally go get my 8th badge in AS :)

I still think it's outrageous you need tools to get at the SD card.

Edit: I mean you say wiggles 'too much', how much is too much? This'll be the first time I deal with screws this small.

Same as big screws man. Though small screws are indeed easier to strip...

Most precision screwdriver sets are of the right size though. Youll find them in most electrical sections of a hardware store... or a walmart/target tool area

Rocky

Banned
If I remember correctly they said people could line up today starting at 6AM for the New 3DSXL/MH4U/MM3D triple midnight launch.

Also my MH4U Bundle finally shipped from GameStop apparently, as I just got a MyUPS notification about it arriving tomorrow.

Yeah I thought it was something like that. I'm thinking most are there to try to get one of the LE systems. Didn't even bother going into the store to check amiibos, lol.

Same as big screws man. Though small screws are indeed easier to strip...

Most precision screwdriver sets are of the right size though. Youll find them in most electrical sections of a hardware store... or a walmart/target tool area

I've already told him twice that both types of screwdrivers will work fine and I know from experience. Maybe he has me on ignore.

Birathen

I went to game today and changed my preorder from XL to regular. I spent the whole evening yesterday toying with the kids 2DS and I think Ill be fine with the smaller screen. The faceplates and colored buttons I dont think I could be without.

Tomorrow is so far away..

Corgi

Banned
So whos trading in their old systems at gamestop? Whats your attack plan?

asshole manager won't let me take mine home to do the transfer... so I'll be bringing:

- screwdriver set.
- old 3ds xl with 32gb microsd (already copied files over to new card so transfer is easy)
- bootleg a/c adapter from amazon

wonder if I can get a dollar or something for my old 3ds xl charge dock. won't have a need for that now.

I only have the originals to compare, but the details in the newer model definitely pop out. I tested Smash on the original vs. the new and it was no contest. Smash runs beautifully on the new system. Also there has been MH4 footage that shows it runs much shadows and textures on the newer model as well.

Also for people that don't know me, I actually don't hate the new XL. The system is nice. I just really like the regular more. Which makes it more painful that NA is probably never going to get it.

Alright thanks that's nice to hear and the way you describe it reminds me of when I traded my DS in for a DS Lite, on the way home playing Mega Man Starforce I was blown away by the difference in screen quality. I'm fine with my regular 3DS too but if there's improvement I'll welcome it! :D And yeah I heard about the differences in games too already, nice that some developers make use of the extra power when they have it :)

DogMeat77

I had a chance at the MM 3DS XL but I just couldn't do it. I just don't like the look of it and the novelty of having a LE 3ds will eventually wear off then I'll be stuck with color/design I don't like. Oh well.

I'm going with (boring old) black. My current XL is red so I didn't want red again.

I'm going to pick up MM and MH4U. I've only played a bit of MH in the past and had a hard time getting in to it. I'm hoping a mobile version will be a little more accessible for me from a time stand point.

My wallet is ready.

Robin64

Anyone else going to go back through their entire collection because of the awesome new 3D? I'm actually looking forward to booting up the likes of Pilotwings Resort and Ridge Racer again.

Anyone else going to go back through their entire collection because of the awesome new 3D? I'm actually looking forward to booting up the likes of Pilotwings Resort and Ridge Racer again.
I am really tempted to buy the PAL version of KI:U because the 3D will not be broken.
Also the new n3DS is 3.5 inches horizontal.

Zalman

I'm planning on buying Pilotwings now. I skipped it the first time around. I heard the 3D is great in that game.

Top Bottom