• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS: SUICA cards useable for payments in Japan starting Dec. 9

L~A

When the New Nintendo 3DS was revealed, it was mentionned NFC payments with Suica-like cards would come out at a later date. Well, waiting is almost over: that feature will be available on Dec. 9, in Japan only (obviously); you'll probably need to download a system update before it works, though. Just like on the Wii U, you'll be able toaccumulate points (200 Yen = 1 point) by using your card on the N3DS.

And just like that, the New Nintendo 3DS will become the very first handheld console allowing NFC payments... hopefully it'll be great for small DL titles on the eShop. Compatible cards: 「PASMO」「Kitaca」「TOICA」「manaca(マナカ)」「ICOCA」「SUGOCA」「nimoca」「Hayakaken」

B3_WEFOCYAAy9qt.jpg:large

Fake edit: for those who don't know what SUICA is... click here ;)

Source

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I'm just posting because I thought N3DS has an awesome looking charging station:

faceplates-524x262.png

I hope it's compatible with current 3DS because I want one bad... I have a 3DS XL.

L~A

I'm just posting because I thought N3DS has an awesome looking charging station:

faceplates-524x262.png

I hope it's compatible with current 3DS because I want one bad... I have a 3DS XL.

Pretty sure it's not compatible.

So will they unlock this on the Wii U too?

They did several months ago, actually. But just like this, it's Japan-only, and no words on that service launched in other territories for now.

sugarless

Wow, would be great if I could use my contactless debit card in the UK! The payment step is such a pain sometimes. I could see myself doing a lot more impulse purchasing :D

L~A

Wow, would be great if I could use my contactless debit card in the UK! The payment step is such a pain sometimes. I could see myself doing a lot more impulse purchasing :D

The payment step stays the same, you simply don't have to enter your CC numbers that way.

Top Bottom