• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Obsidian countdown teaser [Update 2: Kickstarter? One more day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
There isn't really much of a retail market for PC games. Don't know if the Fallout trilogy is even still commonly in stores.
Saw it at Target on 1960/Cutten here in Houston last weekend. Wal Mart has some PC stuff as well. It's not a lot, but they will usually have compilations and other bargain stuff.

Not necessarily. They would have to come to an agreement with whoever has the AD&D license to make video games atm (was it Hasbro who got it from Atari like last year?).
Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast (current owners/developers of the D&D tabletop RPG). It wasn't so much Hasbro getting the license as much as Hasbro pulling the license.

Trigger

ibf4adfbGYlGN4.gif

So close.

xenist

Hey everybody, let's make an effort to reduce our expectations a bit, right? I'll start.

Kickstarter for paid DLC for Dungeon Siege 3.

volturnus

Banned
I wonder why it's called Project X. Did they stop using US states codenames?
"So secret not even its project codename is yet being revealed."

I think it has a state codename as well, but perhaps people would find old info about it when searching, so they're using Project X.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Dungeon Siege 4: The Reckoning ™.

Obsidian is proud to announce the next level in social media gaming! Take to the streets of New Valhalla in this epic, visceral action roleplaying experience, brought to you by the makers of Fallout: New Vegas ™ and Dungeon Siege 3 ™! Challenge your friends in hand-to-hand combat, follow the progress of your followers via our innovative Twitter integration ™ and experience the fully rendered 3D graphics of New Valhalla at your own pace, thanks to our free-to-play model! You'll never view roleplaying the same way again after playing Dungeon Siege 4: The Reckoning ™.

http://www.obsidianent.com/

EVOL 100%

Obsidian is proud to announce the next level in social media gaming! Take to the streets of New Valhalla in this epic, visceral action roleplaying experience, brought to you by the makers of Fallout: New Vegas ™ and Dungeon Siege 3 ™! Challenge your friends in hand-to-hand combat, follow the progress of your followers via our innovative Twitter integration ™ and experience the fully rendered 3D graphics of New Valhalla at your own pace, thanks to our free-to-play model! You'll never view roleplaying the same way again after playing Dungeon Siege 4: The Reckoning ™.

Should have used the subtitle Legends and added 'mature adult storytelling'.

Otherwise, I give this post an A, will read again.

Corto

My heart sunk. Not cool, not cool at all. ;)

volturnus

Banned

ikmxik9tod2dn7ye2z.gif

Tex117

Banned

You are a bad man.

tumblr_ln0wbwC1Rm1qzea6yo1_500.gif

That's cold.

Drazgul

Speaking of romances, has anyone played Full Throttle? Sawyer cites that game as the only romance he liked in videogames.

Well it's an adventure game for one (so not really directly comparable), but it was made by LucasArts back when they could Do No Wrong, so I'd highly recommend it if you have never played it. Works great on modern PCs with ScummVM.

Sotha Sil

Maybe. I'm no fantasy buff, so I might be wrong about the term high fantasy.

It's the usual fantasy tropes that borrow excessively from DnD or Tolkein that get on my nerves.

Ah, I see - that's pretty much what I thought. If Sawyer's last blog post is any indication, they aren't planning on drawing from the usual Tolkien fare, so I think you should keep your hopes up.

Oh, and I hope WW dies a horrible death.

WanderingWind

Ah, I see - that's pretty much what I thought. If Sawyer's last blog post is any indication, they aren't planning on drawing from the usual Tolkien fare, so I think you should keep your hopes up.

Oh, and I hope WW dies a horrible death.

lol...damn.

Lancehead

Well it's an adventure game for one (so not really directly comparable), but it was made by LucasArts back when they could Do No Wrong, so I'd highly recommend it if you have never played it. Works great on modern PCs with ScummVM.

Seems it's not on GOG. Any other places to get it? Digital preferably.

Drazgul

Not on Steam either? That's a real pity - I actually have original boxed copies of all the classic LA adventure games, guess I just thought they'd be available digitally everywhere by now.

Derrick01

Banned

Hahaha I thought it was real for a few seconds. If only you could have seen the rage boiling inside of me with each word I read.

WanderingWind

Don't you work next door? Surely they would never dare to incur your wrath.

Lol. I would just like, show up and go "Why?" Then walk away.

But for real. I'm about to show up with a resume and the muffins.

Let's make WW immortal by stripping away his mortality. A far worse punishment.

Wouldn't work. I watched Grey's Anatomy with the missus. The whole series. Nothing created by man or immortal can harm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom