• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PES6 X360 Screens + Preview (14/09/06)

More screens after the link

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_avances.php?id=cw450869c442e43&idj=cw44893ace7170d&pic=360

TV2006091216020000.jpg

TV2006091216004600.jpg

TV2006091215561300.jpg

TV2006091216124500.jpg

TV2006091215562700.jpg

swander

I know I may have got it in a pack with Dead Rising, but THIS is the game my Xbox360 was bought for!

Also, I don't know if the subject line should boast a preview if it's all in spanish.

swander

When you play on wide (as any serious Pro Evo player does), all that you see is that sweet sweet animation, and grass. And the grass looks better than it did. Next gen ahoy.

hadareud

The Translator
Are you going to open a new thread with the worst pictures you can possibly find now every week monkeymagic? You are pathetic.

rastex

Banned
The pictures aren't even widescreen...

Hey monkeymagic, if you don't care about the 360 version since you're picking up the PS2 version anyway, why go to so much effort to create these threads? What's in it for you?

WTF happened to their next-gen engine? I hope this is not what it looks like for the next couple of iterations. The gameplay is brilliant, Konami...but let's catch up on the graphics-front guys.

Edit: Why is the crowd composed of sprites...and why the hell are their arms all outstretched?

TV2006091216124500.jpg

:lol

Moderation Unlimited said:
On second thought...there is no way these can be X360 screens. This is definitely current gen.

They are current gen, the x360 pics look much better. These are AGAIN PC shots being misrepresented.

Someone should look at Monkey's last PES6 X360 troll thread, someone posted the real shots there too.

Now, this is his second thread trying to pull this shit. First time was an honest mistake, but it was pointed out in that thread that pics of the Xbox version are being passed off as the X360 version.

Unl;ess he stopepd reading the thread he previously posted he would know this, and that would make this thread an intentional and misleading troll.

Sir Speedy said:
but it was pointed out in that thread that pics of the PC version are being passed off as the X360 version.

Pointed out by desperate fanboys doesn't count.

Jim confirmed those were X360 screens released by Konami.

Meristation say these are X360 screens.

Jim + Meristation >> fanboy (you).

I for one am not disputing these are 360 screens. Of the screens you posted, the first shows a replay with the buttons "LB/RB".

What I'm saying is these screens are not native rez, and are so very ****ing obviously poorly-captured (craptured?), that Meirdastation shouldn't have even bothered.

Twix

I can’t believe they are using 2 different engines for one multiplatform game.. the 360 version does not look like a next-gen game by any standard.. even Namco’s Love Football has a better ground textures..so my decision this year is to go with PS2 version of PES6 and the 360 version of FIFA 2007.

Ajax

Banned
duk said:
is the point of this thread to show how bad the gfx look?

??? Point of this thread is to show the caps just like any other thread that features caps. Or maybe to rub the caps in the face of certain people here who were claiming that this isn't a PS2 port. Best guess it's both.

hadareud

The Translator
Ajax said:
??? Point of this thread is to show the caps just like any other thread that features caps. Or maybe to rub the caps in the face of certain people here who were claiming that this isn't a PS2 port. Best guess it's both.
So it's really to spite seabass

Ajax said:

i know reading is challenging for you, but it's been confirmed that it is not only a next gen engine, but the same that will be used with the PS3

When I saw monkeymagic created the thread, it was clear to me the pics would suck :lol

But anyway, why are all the screens 4:3 instead of 16:9 if they are from the 360 version?

captures of any next gen game taken through a PC capture card running in 480i would look a bit on the shit side, least of all a half assed looking game like this.

hey Monkey Magic, given that the developers said this is their next gen engine and the one the PS3 version will use why are you still doing this? to show how shit the next gen version of your favourite series is going to look?

i don't get it.

Ajax

Banned
meltpotato said:
i know reading is challenging for you, but it's been confirmed that it is not only a next gen engine, but the same that will be used with the PS3

we'll see about that

MbGCaM

That's the X360 version.

I have a X360 and I have PES4/5 for Xbox, and PES6 X360 is just UNNACEPTABLE.

EA has my money this year.

plagiarize said:
hey Monkey Magic, given that the developers said this is their next gen engine and the one the PS3 version will use why are you still doing this?.

Doing what?

Posting new screens and previews of the game?

Are the XDF seriously proposing that we ignore all new information about this game unless the screens are on a par with FIFA 07?

Should we just ignore the very existence of this game until some OMG WOW screens are released? :lol

Ajax

Banned
MbGCaM said:
That's the X360 version.

I have a X360 and I have PES4/5 for Xbox, and PES6 X360 is just UNNACEPTABLE.

EA has my money this year.

You don't buy an inferior football game just because it has better graphics. I have fun occasionally with xbox fans about graphics (because they're obsessed about graphics since the original xbox and have some kind of inferiority complex-insecurities) but for god's sake you can't make your choice only because of graphics, especially when the gameplay between the two is night and day.

Ajax said:
You don't buy an inferior football game just because it has better graphics. I have fun occasionally with xbox fans about graphics (because they're obsessed about graphics since the original xbox and have some kind of inferiority complex-insecurities) but for god's sake you can't make your choice only because of graphics, especially when the gameplay between the two is night and day.
QFT

MbGCaM

For those who are interested, I summarized (and translated) the preview:

- It isn't a final build, only 4 national teams (Spain, Brazil, Czech and Italy).
- They were afraid of the game turning into a PS2 HD version... That's what it is.
- First PES next-gen and the first time that one PES underdelivered.
- Only notable change on the graphics: High res grass texture. Nothing more.
- Low-res textures on players for next-gen standard.
- Crowd with arms opened ALL THE ****ING TIME.
- They repeat all the time. "This is a shitty PS2 HD game."
- Semblance betwen Real players and Game players is almost pure coincidence, ever worse than previous versions (for example, one forward of Spain (David Villa, Valencia FC) is 15 cm TALLER than in the real life).
- Faster game than PS2, more dinamic.
- New ball physics, feels rare but it's good. Good animations.
- AI a "bit" better than PS2 version, but nothing next-gen. Goalkeepers with same AI.
- Menus of the game screaming OLD-GEN. Nothing new. Old-fashioned PS2 menus and options.
- FIFA 07 have a good oportunity to be the SOCCER KING again.

Top Bottom