• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PES6 X360 Screens + Preview (14/09/06)

MbGCaM

Ajax said:
You don't buy an inferior football game just because it has better graphics. I have fun occasionally with xbox fans about graphics (because they're obsessed about graphics since the original xbox and have some kind of inferiority complex-insecurities) but for god's sake you can't make your choice only because of graphics, especially when the gameplay between the two is night and day.

I can live with PES5 one year more, if PES6 has only minor upgrades.

I haven't bought a FIFA since... errr... FIFA 03, so I'll give EA an oportunity (Live features in this new FIFA sound good, and the graphics/animations has been improved clearly from FIFA Road to World Cup and World Cup edition).

lachesis

Ajax said:
You don't buy an inferior football game just because it has better graphics. I have fun occasionally with xbox fans about graphics (because they're obsessed about graphics since the original xbox and have some kind of inferiority complex-insecurities) but for god's sake you can't make your choice only because of graphics, especially when the gameplay between the two is night and day.

True and agreed, and I'm an avid WE buyer. Heck, I pretty much bought JP PS2 for Winning Eleven Series only.

However, as an avid fan, I hate the half assed port they are forcing me to swallow. I hate the fact they are not improving upon the existing engine that much either, series by series. It is true that WE is the best football game on any consoles - but without continuous innovation and push, they will not be in the future.

It is quite pitiful what they've put up with X360 version. Pitiful. They should just borrow some of the KCET MGS4 people for some real quality graphics - because if it's on next-gen machine, I demand next gen graphics, far better than current gen. Am I asking too much? I don't think so. Heck, I actually prefer PS2 version of the game than X360 ver as of now.

DCharlie

Banned
don't worry, the PS3 version that's coming out 8 weeks later looks like broadcast quality soccer footage, Komani have been working extra hard on that engine whilst just porting the Ps2 version for X360.

DCharlie said:
don't worry, the PS3 version that's coming out 8 weeks later looks like broadcast quality soccer footage, Komani have been working extra hard on that engine whilst just porting the Ps2 version for X360.

SDTV or HDTV broadcast?

snatches

monkeymagic said:
Pointed out by desperate fanboys doesn't count.

Jim confirmed those were X360 screens released by Konami.

Meristation say these are X360 screens.

Jim + Meristation >> fanboy (you).

But don't you think it mighty strange that in both threads the pics you posted were ass compared to the video at gametrailers?

Zabojnik

MbGCaM said:
For those who are interested, I summarized (and translated) the preview:

- It isn't a final build, only 4 national teams (Spain, Brazil, Czech and Italy).
- They were afraid of the game turning into a PS2 HD version... That's what it is.
- First PES next-gen and the first time that one PES underdelivered.
- Only notable change on the graphics: High res grass texture. Nothing more.
- Low-res textures on players for next-gen standard.
- Crowd with arms opened ALL THE ****ING TIME.
- They repeat all the time. "This is a shitty PS2 HD game."
- Semblance betwen Real players and Game players is almost pure coincidence, ever worse than previous versions (for example, one forward of Spain (David Villa, Valencia FC) is 15 cm TALLER than in the real life).
- Faster game than PS2, more dinamic.
- New ball physics, feels rare but it's good. Good animations.
- AI a "bit" better than PS2 version, but nothing next-gen. Goalkeepers with same AI.
- Menus of the game screaming OLD-GEN. Nothing new. Old-fashioned PS2 menus and options.
- FIFA 07 have a good oportunity to be the SOCCER KING again.

Having played the same demo, I have to comment on a few things ...

- They were afraid of the game turning into a PS2 HD version... That's what it is. -> Well, if we were talking about sheer image quality ... then yeah, I suppose you could say that.
- First PES next-gen and the first time that one PES underdelivered. -> Granted, I only got to play like 20 matches, but to me it felt exactly the opposite. After the letdown that was WE10, this felt like a return to the good old WE7 times. Meaning slower, more thought-out gameplay. Which in my book means simulation.
- They repeat all the time. "This is a shitty PS2 HD game." -> No, it's just not a killer-looking xbox 360 game and it doesn't use the wowers next-gen engine we were expecting.
- Only notable change on the graphics: High res grass texture. Nothing more. -> Wtf? If anything it's the grass that really stands out as the weakest graphics element. A green blurry mess, that's what it looked like.
- Low-res textures on players for next-gen standard. -> Yeah, well, true. It's all relative when you're playing using the 'wide' camera, tbh. In replays you could see just how 'just ok for next-gen' the player models looked, but only a blind man would've called them 'PS2 in HD'. They look solid if not spectacular (I can't really comment on the semblance between real of game players, 'cause we skipped most of the close-up replays in order to, you know, actually PLAY the game :))
- Faster game than PS2, more dinamic. ->Seriously, wtf? The gameplay is waaay slower than on the PS2, but it also feels waaaay more dinamic and - due to the fantastic animations - realistic.
- AI a "bit" better than PS2 version, but nothing next-gen. Goalkeepers with same AI. -> I'd have to agree. Although one would have to ask himself what's 'next-gen AI' for a game like PES. I mean, the AI felt really solid. Also, I know it's not directly AI related, but what REALLY changes the whole 'happening on the field' feeling and somewhat improves everything in the 360 version, it's the ball physics and the animation. Now that, if nothing else, does indeed feel next-gen. The PES-god lies in all the little animation transitions, as you (we?) PES pros know. So this time: no crappy ball rebounds when two players collide / engage in body to body shoving. The ball feels real. It feels heavier. When you win a contrast you can actually see and understand how and why the ball moved in the direction it did. No more ****in' random pinball effect.

Anyway, after the first couple of matches I too couldn't bring myself to believe that it was really the so anticipated next-gen PES engine I was seeing. But I got past that rather quickly. Underneath all the current-gen era textures in high-res, it's still PES. From the impression I got - it could well end up being the best PES ever. Can't wait.

DCharlie

Banned
SDTV or HDTV broadcast?

like you are the camera man - it's in such a high definition, that you can smell the fertilizer on the grass.

oh i didn't see that :

PSP version, WE9 to an extent. Arcade version.

Ryck

Troll post ( 2nd attempt)

Bad capture pics ( again)

Video looks fine...

Really Monkeymagic what's the point of all this..

*goes back to playing We10*

MbGCaM said:
For those who are interested, I summarized (and translated) the preview:

- It isn't a final build, only 4 national teams (Spain, Brazil, Czech and Italy).
- They were afraid of the game turning into a PS2 HD version... That's what it is.
- Only notable change on the graphics: High res grass texture. Nothing more.
- Low-res textures on players for next-gen standard.
- Crowd with arms opened ALL THE ****ING TIME.
- They repeat all the time. "This is a shitty PS2 HD game."
- Semblance betwen Real players and Game players is almost pure coincidence, ever worse than previous versions (for example, one forward of Spain (David Villa, Valencia FC) is 15 cm TALLER than in the real life).
- Faster game than PS2, more dinamic.
- New ball physics, feels rare but it's good. Good animations.
- AI a "bit" better than PS2 version, but nothing next-gen. Goalkeepers with same AI.
- Menus of the game screaming OLD-GEN. Nothing new. Old-fashioned PS2 menus and options.
- FIFA 07 have a good oportunity to be the SOCCER KING again.

Wtf kind of a preview is that?

shpankey

not an idiot
monkeymagic said:
Pointed out by desperate fanboys doesn't count.

Jim confirmed those were X360 screens released by Konami.

Meristation say these are X360 screens.

Jim + Meristation >> fanboy (you).
for some reason, I just find the whole post hilarious. perhaps it's b/c of who posted it. :/

zidane09.gif

so... red card for you! :D

anyhow, the game looks pretty ugly; but i've been told, it's all about the gameplay for the fans of this game and it doesn't seem to bother them (its ugliness I mean). personally, i had a lot of fun with the world cup fifa game (cause i was really into it this year).

but i've been told that since i'm American, everything I say is automatically null and void in the soccer (football) realm. :D

p.s. this thread needs more Zidane headbutt animations! ;)

monkeymagic said:
Doing what?

Posting new screens and previews of the game?

Are the XDF seriously proposing that we ignore all new information about this game unless the screens are on a par with FIFA 07?

Should we just ignore the very existence of this game until some OMG WOW screens are released? :lol
the key word was you. why are you doing this? you've said time and again that you aren't going to buy the game or the xbox 360.

i don't go around posting every bad screen of every ps3 game i'm not going to buy, but you constantly infer that i'm biased towards microsoft.

i can't quite accept that you're doing this out of the goodness of your own little heart.

you found some awful sd captures of a game that looks kind of crap anyway that you aren't going to buy and you just had to share it with us?

what does a blurry sd capture with horrible interlacing and green borders tell us about the game? these screens are messier and worse than the last batch you posted purely because of how they've been captured. they are harder to draw information from.

videos of the game that look quite decent go up... you don't post anything about them.

i'm wasting my time posting this because everyone else knows exactly what you're doing and you'll just feign ignorance again. but whatever. guess i have to pick up the pot and burn myself before i learn it's hot.

ypo

Hey guys, how the game might look on another system is a great excuse for how shitty it looks right now. /Damage Control

DCharlie

Banned
Hey guys, how the game might look on another system is a great excuse for how shitty it looks right now. /Damage Control

likewise, Monkey seems to be using how great this is going to look on the PS3, to further pour scorn on the X360 version /Damage Increasing! ;)

Looks crap in shots , looks decent enough in the movie. Check out the video.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
The "Jesus" crowd is hilarious :lol

When are we gonna get demos for FIFA and PES 360 ffs. or in depth play tests for that matter, they're out soon!

ypo

Don't worry. When the PS3 version looks just this shitty you can all breathe a collective sigh of relief and cherish the fact that the Xbox360 version looks like shit. So continue to talk about the non-existent version...

:lol

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Is this a joke. I think those are PS2 pictures. If they aren't, you'll find me in the bathroom, vomiting out my organs

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
While I agree that Fifa is still a far inferior game, it looks like EA are making big strides in improving the actual gameplay and not just the graphics this year so it wouldn't hurt if Seabass stopped being lazy bastards and put some more effort into PES's presentation. It doesn't have to be at Fifa levels but a little more love in that area couldn't hurt. These screens look bad but I'm satisfied with what I've seen in videos so far. I just have to get more comfortable using the 360 controller for PES as the shoulder buttons are a bit more awkward to reach than on the Dual shock.

Top Bottom