• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Petroglyph RTS "Forged Battalion" coming to Steam Early Access next year

Bolivar687

Banned
mM5jmS5akFxoHVmgssTv3P-650-80.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/forged-batta...-bolts-rts-from-the-command-conquer-creators/

Pretty positive preview at PC Gamer for a very early build of the game. The hook is that players can build their own faction by customizing units through a persistent tech tree. Sort of like Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour where the base armies had custom generals that add a focus of lasers, nukes, or poison gas to their units. The art style is reminiscent of the fun, colorful look of their last game 8-bit armies but it's likely to improve, as the developers said this was a barely showable build of the game.

Petroglyph's last couple outings have been very solid but a bit underappreciated, so hopefully this one can make a bigger splash.

OuterLimits

Nice. Thanks for the heads up OP. I typically suck at this genre, but continue to torture myself by trying to play them. Always loved the Command and Conquer Series.

Bolivar687

Banned
Nice. Thanks for the heads up OP. I typically suck at this genre, but continue to torture myself by trying to play them. Always loved the Command and Conquer Series.

I know the feeling. It can be so intimidating to hop online against another player. However, I firmly believe investing your time in strategy games pays higher dividends than any other genre out there. The thrill is just incomparable, your heart racing multitasking and using all of your brain to gets ahead and outplay your opponents.

Top Bottom