• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'Pocket Monsters: The Origin' trailer and details!

-Horizon-

How similar is Green's personality to Gary's? After the initial announcement of this I realized that Gary being such a dick enhanced the feeling of rivalry with him in the games as a kid. idk how interested I'll be if that same character dynamic isn't there (of course I'm still gonna watch it though!!)

I've always had the idea that Gary = Green
whereas Ash != Red

Why the HELL is this not a series??

I'm hyped for the movie though..

Granted X&Y anime budget looks higher than its ever been. Anime is clean as hell.

Could just be the first few episodes before the quality downgrades. Naruto did that for the time skip. Sexy animation and art. Then it went back to normal. It's probably a very normal thing for popular anime. Higher, movie like animation for the opening/return of a series.

Mariolee

Really? Where else can this be seen?

Don't know if this is even considered a spoiler since it's all been widespread news, but
giving Mega Evolutions to the Gen 1 starters, allowing the trainer in X/Y to not only pick a starter from Gen 6 but Gen 1 at the beginning of the game as well, and finally putting a large emphasis on Mewtwo's glorious return.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm hyped.

I would make the screen of Red hugging Charmandet my avatar if I could. :(

6UTWJuN.png
pZ9FGgZ.png

I made two in case you wanted to see Charmander's tail.

Did anyone post this yet? According to Dogasu, you can register on Nico Nico Live's website, which is live streaming the special.

..special will be simulcast on the Nico Nico Live website. A membership to the site, which you can fill out in English, is required to view the broadcast, and as far as I know they don't region block their content so once you have that set up you should be good to go. The site does warn that there may be playback issues due to heavy traffic.

I signed up..hopefully there wont be TOO many people watching. Who am I kidding, of course there's gonna be a lot of people watching.

Also, Mewtwo is in it, and there's gonna be little status bars. (Which apparently have made up letters in it?)

myuutwo.png
hitokage_hp.png

Ibuki

Banned
cZZlW6L.png
nxEfDlG.png
BvJPZmf.png
bDgTWxz.png
ufXl9CA.png

I made some more if anyone wants them. I really like the Charizard one but I am not going to use it, so feel free.

Oh man. I can not wait for this! This will bring back so many awesome Red/Blue memories. I love that they're incorporating the HP bars in the battles. Also, is a a "VS" screen before the Brock battle starts!? Oh lawdy, yes.

As for the link between X/Y and Origins, has anyone considered that maybe GameFreak is alluding to X/Y chromosomes, in other words DNA? That would also connect to the movie called "The Origin". Maybe that title has a double meaning?

Mariolee

Oh man. I can not wait for this! This will bring back so many awesome Red/Blue memories. I love that they're incorporating the HP bars in the battles. Also, is a a "VS" screen before the Brock battle starts!? Oh lawdy, yes.

As for the link between X/Y and Origins, has anyone considered that maybe GameFreak is alluding to X/Y chromosomes, in other words DNA? That would also connect to the movie called "The Origin". Maybe that title has a double meaning?

Would be insane if it ends with some sort of X/Y connection, like if the Mewtwo encounter is subverted from the video games and that when you encounter it in the Cerulean Cave, it won't be captured but instead Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo X or Y.

I would explode everywhere.

Toxi

Banned
How similar is Green's personality to Gary's? After the initial announcement of this I realized that Gary being such a dick enhanced the feeling of rivalry with him in the games as a kid. idk how interested I'll be if that same character dynamic isn't there (of course I'm still gonna watch it though!!)
Yeah, he's like that in the games too. Actually, he's probably more of a smug asshole in the games than the cartoon.

We're talking about the sort of kid who walks into a building taken over by Team Rocket, ignores the criminals and the employees held hostage, and attacks you when you're trying to rescue everyone, all to prove he's better than you.

Just look at that smug face.

Top Bottom