• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Battle Revolution screens and vids

AniHawk

Man. Genus Sonority is the worst development team Nintendo has. This is the same game that came out 8 years ago.

jon61586

You know I used to love pokemon games back when I was twelve. Even though I have gotten older I wouldn't mind seeing a yellow version completely remade in 3d that followed the anime storyline. Just my thoughts.

jon61586 said:
You know I used to love pokemon games back when I was twelve. Even though I have gotten older I wouldn't mind seeing a yellow version completely remade in 3d that followed the anime storyline. Just my thoughts.

Nope, you're not the only one. Nintendo need to finally make a full-fledged 3D Pokemon RPG.

AniHawk

SolidSnakex said:
Is it really that hard to make a proper console Pokemon game?

I guess it's just way easier to make the same thing they've done for nearly a decade and still sell about 2,000,000 copies with each lackluster installment.

jon61586

Alkaliine said:
Nope, you're not the only one. Nintendo need to finally make a full-fledged 3D Pokemon RPG.

See i have no interest in the Wii at all but if they made a full-fledge 3d remake of the yellow version with all pokemon included with the night/day cycle of gold and silver and followed the annime story line I would pick a wii up at launch. But alas we can only dream.

jon61586 said:
See i have no interest in the Wii at all but if they made a full-fledge 3d remake of the yellow version with all pokemon included with the night/day cycle of gold and silver and followed the annime story line I would pick a wii up at launch. But alas we can only dream.

We've been dreaming this for years now.

Yet Nintendo refuse to accept its potential.

AniHawk

jon61586 said:
See i have no interest in the Wii at all but if they made a full-fledge 3d remake of the yellow version with all pokemon included with the night/day cycle of gold and silver and followed the annime story line

I saw the show when I was 12, 8 years ago.

WHAT STORYLINE.

You see, while I'd like a proper Pokemon game on a home console, I don't think it would happen because Nintendo needs Pokemon and other specific franchises like Brain Age and the 2D Mario platformers to move their handhelds. They have SSB, 3D Zelda, 3D Mario and other franchises to move their consoles. Of course, some of these franchises are interchangeable among consoles and handhelds (Mario Kart), but I think Nintendo want to keep certain 'main event' games on certain platforms.

Mato

Making a proper 3d Pokemon rpg would only weaken the main (hella cheap to develop) handheld line, no? I guess it doesn't make sense as a business decision or something. Besides the millions of people who still buy those Pokemon GB/DS games seem satisfied with what they get.

Mr. Pointy said:
You see, while I'd like a proper Pokemon game on a home console, I don't think it would happen because Nintendo needs Pokemon (and other specific franchises) to move their handhelds. They have SSB, 3D Zelda, 3D Mario and other franchises to move their consoles.

But why can't we have our cake and eat it too?

Having a 3d Pokemon RPG would sell heaps and generate even more popularity in the franchise. This would also boost sales of the following handheld Pokemon, wouldn't it?

Alkaliine said:
But why can't we have our cake and eat it too?

Having a 3d Pokemon RPG would sell heaps and generate even more popularity in the franchise. This would also boost sales of the following handheld Pokemon, wouldn't it?
It might. It might not. I don't think Nintendo want to take that chance.

No.1

Mr. Pointy said:
It might. It might not. I don't think Nintendo want to take that chance.

I hope you've been sniffing glue, again. Because that's crap. You look at all of the Pokemon games and they've sold millions on every single console, regardless if it's a spin-off or not.

Adagio

I will, once again, only play the main series of Pokeyman games this generation, and thusly, ignore everything else.

jon61586 said:
Even though I have gotten older I wouldn't mind seeing a yellow version completely remade in 3d that followed the anime storyline.
:lol That would be horrible...

Chao

I can see very nice graphics plenty of sparks and effects. How about that? Pokémon am next gen total.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks nice..... can`t w8 to play pbr wii and pkm d/p for ds :)

lancubap

AniHawk said:
Man. Genus Sonority is the worst development team Nintendo has. This is the same game that came out 8 years ago.

Agree. But they are all veterans form the RPG's domain. Perhaps they have to stop only to make stupid games and start to develop something new.

Taichu

I'm waiting to hear all of the features. I don't think I'll get it if it is just 3D Pokémon battles. I will get it if it is like Stadium 2 back on the N64, with the gym leader castle, academy, library, minigames, "box" functionality, etc.

ethelred

AniHawk said:
I guess it's just way easier to make the same thing they've done for nearly a decade and still sell about 2,000,000 copies with each lackluster installment.

Genius Sonority didn't make the Stadium games, though. HAL did. GS just did Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, which at least had improvements over Stadium in including a standalone RPG mode.

Anyway, with the Pokemon games, I'm pretty sure they're just making exactly what Nintendo wants them to make, so it's not really fair to blame them. Blame Ninty.

ziran

looks good, although there's not much you can tell from the new videos. the stadiums are really nice though:

pokewii1jd8.jpg

pokewii2pb6.jpg

c3 has some info from the site:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/6233/1/Pokémon_Wii_Blowout_-_Movies,_DS_Connectivity_and_more...
- Colloseum mode features various different levels for Pokémon to battle on.
- There are 10 different stages with each having various rules/regulations tied to them.
- Two levels have been revealed – Water Colloseum and Sunset Colloseum:
- Pokémon Battle Revolution is compatible with Diamond and Pearl.
- Wireless connection allows players to use their critters from the DS versions in the Wii mode.
- In the "DS Battle Mode" players can use the DS as a wireless controller for the Wii.
- 1 on 1 battles are standard, with multiple players teaming up for 2 on 2 if they wish.
- Up to 8 people can go head to head in a tournament mode.
i enjoyed xd it was good for a pokémon spin off. however, i think some of my enjoyment was because the main gba rpgs are amazing and served as grounding for the game.

as for genius sonority, they're not a nintendo internal team, in essense they're a 2nd party (with nintendo owning 38% in the company) and afaik the only one left. pokemon trozei was decent, not panel de pon good, but enjoyable and addictive, however it should've been a budget title. colosseum was okay. so as developers exclusive to nintendo i don't think they're the worst, nst is. nst has made nothing but disappointing games which are bad or average at best imo, apart from the multi player in mph which was fun, but limited.

i'd love a game freak developed pokémon rpg for wii, imo they're one of the greatest studios ever. they have a decent sized team now so wii development could be happening.

This game will continue to suck so long as Nintendo insists on having the Pokemon sound like their portable counterparts instead of... oh I don't know... shelling out the few bucks to encode voice samples from the anime.

Granted, now that Nintendo has cut loose the voices most people would associate with the characters, they'd still sound terrible. But oh well. :lol

Quit overreacting guys, the game looks perfectlyh fine.

The camera angles, the models, the animation, the lighting all are a notch above the Gamecube version, and the Pokemon actually make contact with each other in most cases.

I think it'll be a fine addition to the series, I doubt it'll ahve a story mdoe

Jiggy

ziran said:
looks good, although there's not much you can tell from the new videos. the stadiums are really nice though:

pokewii1jd8.jpg

pokewii2pb6.jpg

c3 has some info from the site:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/6233/1/Pokémon_Wii_Blowout_-_Movies,_DS_Connectivity_and_more...
Urgh, I see no info about an RPG mode. :/ Even for those who hated Colosseum and XD, an average RPG and a marginally-above-average RPG are better than nothing. If it's just going to be straight battling like the boring Stadium games... well, bah. Those only sold because it was the series' first trip into 3D.

That said, I'd still buy it--for $20. Or for $50 if it included a Pokemon Box feature, which it should. I'd still rather have an RPG, though.

wave dial

Completely unable to understand satire
AniHawk said:
all the models take lots of time to make

Zeed

Banned
That's definitely a next-gen difference between Collosseum and Battle Revolution, partly because BR really does look good, and partly because Collosseum looks like shit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
that vid is pretty good indeed. what exactly is this game anyway?

Stage On

I think Battle Revolution is just a stepping stone so that they can get art assets in place (Ie all 500 or so Pokemon rendered in up to date graphics).

Now that they have that they can take the time to make a real pokemon game for the system. I mean honestly since it's a japanse launch game did you really expect it to have a full fleged rpg mode? Those things take time to make you know.

Any way the real question is...when will North america get this? A few months after we get dimond and pearl just like Japan or will the release it at the same time (unlikely but possible as this game will require little work to translate and bring over)

Top Bottom