• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sword and Shield Tralier

Arozay

mnCymsS.jpg

Fake

...........how? How is this game not 1080P/60Fps?
Because Game Freak plus Pokemon fanbase defense force. The results it's what you're seeing. Don't matter the machine power. The results are the same.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Never played a Pokemon game and have no previous interest in the franchise but as a new Switch owner, in love with the device, I was tempted to buy Pokemon since I know it's supposed to be one of the 'big' Nintendo franchises... But this looks absolutely terrible lol

Def not to my taste anyway. Those giant Pokemon look absolutely ridiculous and I think it's really lazy that they still don't look like they are actually fighting each other during battle.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I can't even imagine how awfull must be playing online. With GF track history, I'm pretty sure will be hard dips in the fps, not to mention how time consuming those raid battles gonna be.

Shaqazooloo

Looks pretty good to me, interesting that pre-evolved Pokemon are getting different forms. Does that mean that there could be benefits to using some pre-evo Pokemon over their evolved form?
Gamefreak always sucked when it comes to optimization in their games, and honestly, this game is finally showing everyone how bad/lazy they are
I'm really shocked that it took people until THIS game to see that. I mean, people played X and Y and even Let's Go, not sure why it would take people this long. This is coming from someone that usually doesn't notice such things btw.

but now.... now they are cutting pokemon, features while not giving anything meaningful in return, even the graphics look subpar compared to 95% of the console's exclusives. They should be ashamed of themselves for this
It was gonna happen eventually, especially since it's a move to HD but considering that they apparently had HD assets it is kind of a bummer that some Pokemon are cut, I guess it does leave them open to make an ultimate edition down the road...

As for graphics complaint, seems really odd to point to the graphics not being on par with the rest of the console exclusives when that can be said for pretty much the entire series. I mean on the DS they were still using 2D sprites.

The complaining about the graphics doesn't really make sense to me. It's standard at this point, i'm not sure what people were expecting, Pokken like graphics?

They've also removed features in the past in place of new ones. Really the only thing different this time around is not all Pokemon being here, which I don't even think is that big of a deal.

Quezacolt

It was gonna happen eventually, especially since it's a move to HD but considering that they apparently had HD assets it is kind of a bummer that some Pokemon are cut, I guess it does leave them open to make an ultimate edition down the road...

As for graphics complaint, seems really odd to point to the graphics not being on par with the rest of the console exclusives when that can be said for pretty much the entire series. I mean on the DS they were still using 2D sprites.

The complaining about the graphics doesn't really make sense to me. It's standard at this point, i'm not sure what people were expecting, Pokken like graphics?

They've also removed features in the past in place of new ones. Really the only thing different this time around is not all Pokemon being here, which I don't even think is that big of a deal.
The thing is, their excuse for removing those things is that they wanted to improve animations and the visuals, except that the game still uses animations from the 3DS and loos bad compared to games that were released in the first year of the console, and not only that, but from recent reports, it seems the game is only 720p docked and 30fps.

Also, they already announced that from now on, every game will only have a limited amount of the total number of pokemon in existence, even if you transfer them to the new poke bank app, you can't bring certain pokemon to this game, or the next ones

Top Bottom