• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PRINCE OF PERSIA!!!!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Xun said:
His style instantly reminded me of Shinkawa, anyone else get the same vibes?

Hmm never thought about that, but it's very true (some other work of his is indeed even more "Shinkawa-like" than this piece, but maybe those will be unveiled later:D). The other two "leaked" character art you've seen before are also by him.

Xun said:
His style instantly reminded me of Shinkawa, anyone else get the same vibes?
More reminiscent of the Games Workshop artist whose name I can't remember than Shinkawa for me, but I can see where you're coming from.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
27yxzpy.jpg

WrikaWrek

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
wow, very impressive...

Seems like it is influenced to some degree by the MGS art... and thats a good thing.

Ugh, were MGS artworks your first contact with artworks in general?

Anasui Kishibe said:
I don't know, it looks like they've put way too much stuff on him. A glove, a turban, semi-boots, sandals, cape, belt, shirt, another glove, waistcoat..hell, give him glasses as well
I'll take a well prepared warrior over a half naked em0 prince.

That art work is so bad ass. It definitely reminds me of Ashley Wood and Yoji Shinkawa's style.

They made a ninja that looks more badass than Ryu Hayabusa's S&M look.

abstract alien said:
wow...that video just made me care about prince of persia again..
Havent made love to this game since the first one...welcome back

Me too. I loved (and love) Sands of Time so much, and even though I tried many times, I just couldn't love the next 2 games. This looks very promising!

This looks amazing. The style really reminds me of Team Ico and the cel-rendering puts even White Knight Chronicals to shame. Here's hoping the team at Ubi doesn't pull another Assasin's Creed here, although I doubt they will.

onegoodlogan said:
The style really reminds me of Team Ico and the cel-rendering puts even White Knight Chronicals to shame. Here's hoping the team at Ubi doesn't pull another Assasin's Creed here, although I doubt they will.

ouch. wait until new WKC images spring up, then lets talk.

nelsonroyale said:
Funny how its not even cell shaded haha
yeah i was going to point that out. instead i simply negated the mention of cell-rendering in order to keep his point somewhat valid. Which is, PoP looks better than WKC, so then i just decided discussing that was pointless because most of our WKC images are way old.

jett

D-Member
Deepblue said:
Click "next".

Uh..yeah, I kind of figured I had to do that. The thing is wouldn't let me see the next page, an error came up.

Well now I can't even load the first page anymore, even with a login/password from bugmenot.com

jett

D-Member
A-ha, the bastards removed the full interview, now only a small piece smaller than what used to be the first page remains. Next time quote the whole thing. :p

butsomuch

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200805/N08.0514.1603.13751.htm

By now you should have your very own June issue of Game Informer in your hot little hands – and what an issue it is. This month’s magazine brings you an exclusive look at three of the most anticipated games currently in development. First, our cover feature of Guitar Hero 4 reveals Nerversoft’s plan for the future of the franchise – vocals, drums and the ultimate form of creative control with the ability to craft your own songs. Second, we bring to you the first look at the new Prince of Persia: Heir Apparent. Trust us – the cell-shaded art approach is not the only exciting change the newest iteration has to offer. Finally, we bring you never-before-seen screens from Resident Evil 5 along with some theories from GI editors addressing mysterious trailer clips and unconfirmed characters from the franchises past. All this and much more in the June issue of Game Informer.

Prince of Persia: Heir Apparent is the official title?

Raide

Heir Apparent is not the title of the new Prince of Persia game. It is just the name they have used in the magazine. :D

For those still looking for some more Prince of Persia goodness...

"05.15.08 We created 2 sets of wallpapers based on the speed art of the new Prince and the magnificent blue Persian calligraphy you can see on the game website. Enjoy!"

http://prince-of-persia.us.ubi.com/home.php

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
While it looks good for any other game, but I can't see where the "prince" and "persia" parts come in? For some reason, I think Soul Reaver (awesome) when I see those shots. I want atmosphere and adventure, not hack'n'slash ultra-violent God of War kind of game. The game looks good, but it doesn't look at all like a Prince of Persia game.

Acosta

StarEye said:
While it looks good for any other game, but I can't see where the "prince" and "persia" parts come in? For some reason, I think Soul Reaver (awesome) when I see those shots. I want atmosphere and adventure, not hack'n'slash ultra-violent God of War kind of game. The game looks good, but it doesn't look at all like a Prince of Persia game.

Supposedly, there are flying castles and all kind of persian influenced settings, they want to put a more dreamy scenario, more alike the 1001 nights tales. The combats will be duels 1 Vs 1, so I don't expect a hack'n slash here.

Top Bottom