• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New project from the creators and cast of Nick Arcade -- announcement tomorrow

Bgamer90

Banned
sjaPsRo.png

Edit: KICKSTARTER link

In the 1990s, we created the TV show Nick Arcade.

yxb4snV.gif

It's 2015. Do you want "Moore"?

Don't know how this will turn out but I'm interested. There will also be an AMA on Reddit on Wednesday for Nick Arcade and the new Enthlevel project.

kG9JZ3K.jpg

(Episode of Nick Arcade; 1992)

I loved this show so much. It pissed me off when Nick GAS went off the air and it was no longer running in reruns.

Looking forward to what they do with it now. I'm guessing there will be a decent number of indie games if they're going by the score based nature of the original series.

Neiteio

The ultimate show would be climbing the Aggro Crag from Guts, and at the top is the temple from Legend of the Hidden Temple, and the whole thing is inside a videogame because why the hell not

edit: I still want one of those glowing green trophies from Guts

Nanashrew

Banned
Used to watch this show all the time as well as Legends of the Hidden Temple.

Nickelodeon had a lot of great game shows.

Dalius

*Hoping for a YTV reboot of Video & Arcade Top Ten in Canada*

tumblr_lvhq7mNGRk1qg841zo1_500.jpg

It's letter timmmme, it's letter timmme...

Oh man, I loved this show. My dad's cousin was an executive producer on this show: true story. I wonder if he has any interesting stories from working on this show, I should ask him...

Also, seeing that picture in the OP made me realize that that weird show I watched was a kid was actually Nick Arcade. We didn't have Nickelodeon in Canada so it was aired on some other network (probably YTV). But man, that show blew my tiny little mind at the time. So yes, modern remake please.

thuway

This concept is more or less over due in today's world. It could easily be a vehichle to advertise games, bring back high score design, and help bring the medium one step forward to mass market acceptance.

I just hope they don't do everything iPAD.

Love me some Nick Arcade. Video Power was great too. I use to wish I was on these shows and think about what I would do in the final. Sticking games and prepherials to the velcro vest and hat was brilliant.

The ultimate show would be climbing the Aggro Crag from Guts, and at the top is the temple from Legend of the Hidden Temple, and the whole thing is inside a videogame because why the hell not

edit: I still want one of those glowing green trophies from Guts

I remember seeing some people seeling those on eBay! I can't find it now though..

If you want a good burst of nostalgia, pick up a copy of Slimed! An Oral History of Nickelodeon!. Yeah,t he author is kind of an ass, but the book is a great insight into why Nick shows (including Nick Arcade) were so ahead of their times.

Also, fun fact: Nick Arcade had onee of the largest sound-stages for any game show.

EDIT: Sometimes facts evade me.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Everyone who ever got on this show struggled at the simplest things. How hard can it be to collect 20 rings in Sonic?

G-Fex

the original show was a heck of a trainwreck when it came to those courses.

So this show will feature like...large mobile touch games?

Brofield

It's letter timmmme, it's letter timmme...

Oh man, I loved this show. My dad's cousin was an executive producer on this show: true story. I wonder if he has any interesting stories from working on this show, I should ask him...

Also, seeing that picture in the OP made me realize that that weird show I watched was a kid was actually Nick Arcade. We didn't have Nickelodeon in Canada so it was aired on some other network (probably YTV). But man, that show blew my tiny little mind at the time. So yes, modern remake please.

Damn, that's awesome! I'd love to hear behind the scenes stuff! Always wanted to be on that show, I totally could've kicked ass whenever the competition was about Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Party or Pokemon Gold/Silver.

You just gave me an intense dose of nostalgia. Wow.

But is that his real name?

Yeah, I really don't see this coming together. Hitting the goal doesn't even guarantee a pilot episode - just a demo reel to pitch to studios.

free the Bully , haha his name was game over
I loved that sound that was for mikey when he moved to a spot

they could use indies and retro games for the video challenges too

the return of Mongo x Phil

Realistically they need the 2.7m just to actually put the show into production even though they're only asking for 350k. Everything before that is just tech development and a pilot. I'd be surprised if it even reaches its initial goal. So I can't see the show happening unless a network steps in and offers to fund it.

Mentok

Banned
*Hoping for a YTV reboot of Video & Arcade Top Ten in Canada*

tumblr_lvhq7mNGRk1qg841zo1_500.jpg

HAHAHAA! I LOVED this show. A guy I knew way back in high school went on the show and lost.

Pretty sure it was YTV.

MisterHero

But the final level from Nick Arcade is just Kinect/PSeye now

literally everyone has those and enjoys them

I'd watch it though.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Holy shit.

I was literally just (drunkenly) wondering what a modern day Nick Arcade would look like in this day and age.

Top Bottom