• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resistance Gameplay Video

btf1980 said:
So what are those enemies called anyway? And why do they have electric poles on their backs?

Kimeira or something like that. From the looks of it aliens invade earth and unleash some sort of viral infection that turns all living things into a mutants or something. Right now we have seen mutated humans, spiders (smaller and larger ones) but I guess as the game progresses we will see the real aliens..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chimera. Looks pretty hectic, but it's from E3. When are sites gonna stop uploading E3 media?

Jim

GameTrailers hs obviously run out of trailers to post, so they are just recycling E3 media every day for some reason.

Aaron

What's with the animations when the enemies get shot? They seem to just... fall over. Shouldn't they be staggering back with their arms clawing at the air... or something? Visuals look good, but gameplay if anything looks like a step down from Killzone (I know it's a different developer).

Aaron said:
What's with the animations when the enemies get shot? They seem to just... fall over. Shouldn't they be staggering back with their arms clawing at the air... or something? Visuals look good, but gameplay if anything looks like a step down from Killzone (I know it's a different developer).

No. When I got shot I dropped like a sac of potatoes. I didn't stagger back, that shiat hurts.

satterfield

BIGTIME TV MOGUL
Jim said:
GameTrailers hs obviously run out of trailers to post, so they are just recycling E3 media every day for some reason.

Actually, we shot hours and hours of footage at the show and we've just now had the time to go through it all and figure out what has/hasn't been posted. As we find new stuff we put it up. It's as simple as that. If you don't wanna watch, no clicky.

Amir0x

Banned
it definitely looks better in motion - like most next-gen games

although a problem definitely arises with reaction to the aliens when they get hit... like sp0rsk said, it's nice to have some feedback. they just stand there not reacting as you pound them with bullets

eshwaaz

Will we ever see explosions that turn enemies into a thick mist of blood and gibs ever again? It seems like Quake 3 Arena was the pinnacle, and it's been downhill from there. The gib effects in Quake 4 were pathetic.

Kittonwy

Banned
Amir0x said:
it definitely looks better in motion - like most next-gen games

although a problem definitely arises with reaction to the aliens when they get hit... like sp0rsk said, it's nice to have some feedback. they just stand there not reacting as you pound them with bullets

When you hit them and they fall, they do try to get back up. Maybe they're tough mutants?

Amir0x

Banned
Kittonwy said:
When you hit them and they fall, they do try to get back up. Maybe they're tough mutants?

even if they were elephant aliens, i still want to see some god-damn skin and bone unraveling on his body at least and a TINY jump and perhaps sense of pain :p

Kittonwy

Banned
Amir0x said:
even if they were elephant aliens, i still want to see some god-damn skin and bone unraveling on his body at least and a TINY jump and perhaps sense of pain :p

It would be cool if they say ouch everytime they're shot.

eshwaaz

meltpotato said:
those are some pretty awful ragdolls.. is that the omgwtfbbq physics?

I'm hoping that the ragdoll still has a ways to go. When a small, no-name startup developer like Rocksteady is able to utilize Havok 3 for wonderfully satisfying ragdoll effects in a low-profile current gen game like Urban Chaos: Riot Response, expectations for next-gen physics go way up.

Az987

all good things
A little off topic but the Saints row gameplay trailer played next and the first thing I heard was " Hey yo can you drop me off at freckle bitchs? Im johnsin for a fun bag" :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Amir0x said:
Ted Price: "Note to self - make enemies wimpier. Creatures of unknown origin with superhuman strength, resilience and pain tolerance simply aren't as believable as creatures of unknown origin with human frailties. Oh, and never make a Superman game."

Top Bottom