• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Revolution game soon to be announced: Broken Sword 5?

Alpha_eX said:
There was a rumor going around before from someone who had been involved with BS3, they were saying it was a handheld game.

I would love a new Broken Sword but not a 3D one. A DS exclusive would be great but needs to have the George Stobbart voice and wit.

Alpha_eX said:
A DS exclusive would be great

Alpha_eX said:
A DS exclusive

Alpha_eX said:
DS exclusive

No.

I love the DS, but no... just no.

kinosama

Neo Member
I remember them having some kind of survival horror thing in the works. I don't know if it was released, I officially stopped caring about Revolution when that was announced.

I'd kill for a new Beneath a Steel Sky, though. Now that I think about it, with our luck they'd outsource it to Bethesda and make it a FPS :(.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
kinosama said:
I remember them having some kind of survival horror thing in the works. I don't know if it was released, I officially stopped caring about Revolution when that was announced.

I'd kill for a new Beneath a Steel Sky, though. Now that I think about it, with our luck they'd outsource it to Bethesda and make it a FPS :(.

Are you perhaps thinking of In Cold Blood? Although that's more a thriller, I guess. It was released for PS1 and PC though.

Anyway, if they would ever go back to their older games I would rather see them revisit Lure of the Temptress. It had some cool ideas going for it, like people in the town living their lives Shenmue style and not just standing around waiting for you to talk to them. I also liked the medieval setting.

Yixian

Banned
Fuzz Rez said:
I don't want new Broken Sword game I want Beneath a Steel Sky 2 !

BS is Rev's most popular franchise and they need to get back on their feet financially, so the 2D high def BS everybody has been asking for is exactly what they should do right now.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Guybrush Threepwood said:
No.

I love the DS, but no... just no.
Indeed, If anything re-release 1&2 on DS, and make a 2D HD BS5 for PC, that would be hot sex.

Yixian

Banned
I'd quite like to see HD remake of 1 and 2 actually.

Wait no, so long as we are dreaming, 2D high def remakes of 1-4 :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a huge adventure game fan. After being having the original BS recommended to me by friends I decided to give it a look.

I played through the whole game and I can say witout hesitation that it was the most disappointing adventure game I have played in recent memory (at least relative to the internet hype). What I played was an average game with mediocre characterisation and voice acting and uninspired puzzles.

I feel as though I'm missing out on something and honestly it's frustrating.

Yixian

Banned
Rez>You said:
I'm a huge adventure game fan. After being having the original BS recommended to me by friends I decided to give it a look.

I played through the whole game and I can say witout hesitation that it was the most disappointing adventure game I have played in recent memory (at least relative to the internet hype). What I played was an average game with mediocre characterisation and voice acting and uninspired puzzles.

I think maybe somebody replaced the game disc inside your box with that of Syberia.

randomwab

Rez>You said:

To be honest, if you're only playing it now, I could believe you would feel that way. You have to understand that the game is now 12 years old. It came out at the very start of the CD based era, and was years ahead of other games in regards to voice acting, music and graphics, and the story was just amazing.

szaromir

Banned
Yixian said:
I think maybe somebody replaced the game disc inside your box with that of Syberia.
:lol
Syberia was indeed a huge disappointment.

I remember that I played Broken Sword 2 on a hot Summer day when I had nothing planned, just to killed some time... And it was a great game for that. Puzzles were simple, so I progressed through the game rather fast; thanks to that I really enjoyed the story and the wide variety of locations. I loved that travelling aspect of the game and characters, dialogue and story were good and perfect for my light mood on that day. I imagine that BS1 - being for the majority of fans at least as good - would the same type of very positive experience for me.

Yixian

Banned
szaromir said:
I remember that I played Broken Sword 2 on a hot Summer day when I had nothing planned, just to killed some time... And it was a great game for that. Puzzles were simple, so I progressed through the game rather fast; thanks to that I really enjoyed the story and the wide variety of locations. I loved that travelling aspect of the game and characters, dialogue and story were good and perfect for my light mood on that day. I imagine that BS1 - being for the majority of fans at least as good - would the same type of very positive experience for me.

The art is slightly better, the story is slightly tighter and Nico's original voice actress is the true Nico, in the original Broken Sword.

Treat yourself dude, it rocks :D

szaromir

Banned
Yixian said:
The art is slightly better, the story is slightly tighter and Nico's original voice actress is the true Nico, in the original Broken Sword.

Treat yourself dude, it rocks :D
So I decided to install the game and got sucked in. :) I just left Paris, this game's flow is really good. It's amazingly easy, but thanks to that player never gets bored. :)

BTW Yixian, I find your "salt water particles" post pretty amazing and read it from time to time, did you type other messages in style of that one?:D

Paznos

I love the Broken Sword games played the first 2?3? on the PS1 and another on the Xbox, I thought they announced a game a while ago, or maybe I'm thinking about Runaway.

Top Bottom