• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ryse: Son of Rome story trailer [new footage]

Tsundere

Banned
Minor annoyance, but I hate how static his clothes seem, especially the necklace. I liked the fact that Nate's necklace in Uncharted had its own physics in cutscenes for example.

It's even worse in this gif:
iui8T1nh7rdjf.gif

Seems to be the case for most of the characters outside of Marius, but the cloth physics as a whole in the game aren't as refined as they should be taking into account the resolution at which it renders.

shandy706

Game looks cool, but this kind of things in next gen are awful.
Knecklace, etc... still as texture.

It's not just a texture. You can even see the end of it sitting higher than the clothing in the second gif. It's just not moving. Outside of that...incredible graphically.

You know something looks good when we're nit-picking necklace physics.

Globox_82

Banned
Minor annoyance, but I hate how static his clothes seem, especially the necklace. I liked the fact that Nate's necklace in Uncharted had its own physics in cutscenes for example.

in that little vid from 1886 clothes move as main character walks, looks awesome.

Hair also look last gen imo, but overall impressive looking game. Most impressive after 1886 and Infamous

marvin83

Banned
Game looks cool, but this kind of things in next gen are awful.
Knecklace, etc... still as texture.
iui8T1nh7rdjf.gif

I don't understand the shadows on his right arm. Looks off. The darker part is spikey like he has goosebumps and his arm hair is sticking straight up. Then it gets light at the top because there's lighting to his upper-right.

Do you know this because it says ''achieved with cryengine''

Some bits look CG to me because if you look closely at the shadows there is no aliasing anywhere, all gamplay shown so far has some amount of aliasing somwhere, even if small.
Pretty sure I remember Crytek mentioning that cutscenes are in-engine. They didn't need to do CG since their engine is so damn good.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ryse and Killzone are a league above any other next gen launch games visually. Stunning. The use of DoF and motion blur is perfect.

What's disapointing is the sword clipping through ennemies when you stab them. The game looks great and immersive but this dumb thing spoil everything for me.

Karak

Are you serious? So you are saying everything in that trailer is a representation of what actual gameplay will look like?

They have stated pretty emphatically that there is 0 difference and that the entire game uses the exact same assets at all times and even if you watch earlier gameplay bits it is insanely detailed to the point that the question has come up before many times and they have answered it a couple times in interviews and such.

bidguy

Banned
thinking about getting the digital version at launch but looking at this footage makes me worried about the size

it looks amazing

Karak

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a launch game on a new system. Good god!

Agreed. The most important thing to remember really and to me much more impressive than PS3 and Xbox 360 launch titles and I found many of them amazing. But if 1-2 of these first games...wow.

Mr.Speedy

Banned
They have stated pretty emphatically that there is 0 difference and that the entire game uses the exact same assets at all times and even if you watch earlier gameplay bits it is insanely detailed to the point that the question has come up before many times and they have answered it a couple times in interviews and such.

Wow, thanks for the confirmation. If that's the case, in my opinion, this looks about as good as the Dark Sorcerer demo.

jaypah

I knew this game would look great when I read that guys from Guerilla didn't believe it was running on the 180 so they guys from Crytek had to open the box to let them see the kit. That's a glowing endorsement if ever there was one!

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
I'm sure I'll be crucified but I'd be lying if I said this didn't seem like the most impressive launch game visually....yea I feel like it edges out the competition by just a smidgen.....hopefully Ryse will be 19.99 by the time I get an X1 sometime next year.

Say what you want by the guys at Crytek know how to make killer visuals

Karak

Wow, thanks for the confirmation. If that's the case, in my opinion, this looks about as good as the Dark Sorcerer demo.

Well we will see but even the full gameplay moments that were broken down for analysis are insane and they were direct screen pulls. I am assuming they are doing some Forza Horizon magic with the entire games output to really put a shine on it that is outstandingly impressive.

I knew this game would look great when I read that guys from Guerilla didn't believe it was running on the 180 so they guys from Crytec had to open the box to let them see the kit. That's a glowing endorsement if ever there was one!
That is indeed. Its a great deal of skill and a particular type of game and a real eye on making what is there look insane. It seems that right now they haven't lost the forest for the trees which many dev teams do.

mocoworm

Looks pretty sweet. Only thing that worries me is how repetitive it will be, if at all ? Would be good to know more about the mechanics of the game. Can't wait to play it though.

Raide

I want this game to do well so they make another and expand on the story stuff. Also, I want a Battlefield 4 Rome online mode.

MORTALIS

Fixed that for you. It is a game about Romans afterall.

Haha nice.

So I can digital this as soon as I'm online day one no? If so it's looking like it's gonna happen. Looks incredible and the story elements have me quite intrigued.

Sorry if off topic a bit but are all games available digitally on XB1,COD Ghosts, Dead Rising etc?

UNCMark

Banned
Haha nice.

So I can digital this as soon as I'm online day one no? If so it's looking like it's gonna happen. Looks incredible and the story elements have me quite intrigued.

Sorry if off topic a bit but are all games available digitally on XB1,COD Ghosts, Dead Rising etc?

Every retail game has a digital version, yes.

Top Bottom