• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screens Rainbow Six : Critical Hour (Xbox)

FinFan said:
Lockdown ruined me....no sale on any platform.

Quoted for truth.......man that game was a pile of shit. While the online "RPG" elements added to its depth, they totally destroyed the feel of the game by going the Counter Strike-arcade-feel route. And I won't even mention the horrible, horrible, horrible AI in the single player.

And to think RS3 was such a good game online and off........

bumpkin

Critical Hour is an ironic title... But yeah, this should either be canned or moved to 360. There's no sense in releasing it for Xbox.

The Rainbow Six series has been on a steady and steep decline ever since it hit Xbox. Now they are even trying to shamelessly sell back the gutted and drained corpse to PC gamers with a quick port of Lockdown.

siamesedreamer said:
Quoted for truth.......man that game was a pile of shit. While the online "RPG" elements added to its depth, they totally destroyed the feel of the game by going the Counter Strike-arcade-feel route. And I won't even mention the horrible, horrible, horrible AI in the single player.

And to think RS3 was such a good game online and off........

AGREED!! Ths series started off with a bang on the XBox and I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Raven Shield. But they franchised it too quickly and took feedback from casual. And lightened up the game mechanics to make Lockdown a 'CounterStrike lite". Theymade the game more run-&-gun for the casuals and the 'twich' types. They also ruined the character desgins ad took tips from MTV. And why the hell did they mess with te control scheme, for everything they added nice, it was as if they lost 2 things that I loved about the previous iterations. The game was O.K. online, but just didn't have the staying power. Lockdown was HORRIBLE, and unless Criticial Hour is going back to the game's roots, UBI Soft can keep it. At least the changes Red Storm made to Ghost Recon 2 for the console wasn't to bad and harcore and casual alike could still enjoy the game. Once RS3 got extremely popular on XBL, they had to keep squuezing out versions. Black Arrow was O.K., but Lockdown was a slap in the face to Tom Clancy game fans. I'll see how the final version turns out, but I won't hold my breath. I couldn't even force myself to finish the single player of lock-down, and the RPG elements of the online play were cool, but required to much work IMHO.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's supposed to have even more RPG like play, a ton of maps, some new game modes, and play more like the older Xbox versions.

I really don't like the series, but that's what I read a day or two ago.

Odysseus

Banned
ATTN: Ubisuck

Quit releasing glorified full-priced expansion packs for your franchises every 8 months. It's hard to keep up with them all now. I don't have to buy the games, I know, and I don't. Problem is, many on my friends list do. And that affects my time on Xbox Live, which means you still suck.

pilonv1

The Rainbow 6/Ghost Recon stand alone expansions have always been budget price for PAL. AUS$50 for Black Arrow was a great purchase. It's just a shame Lockdown was pretty much unplayable for me with no southpaw.

Borys

Banned
Odysseus said:
ATTN: Ubisuck

Quit releasing glorified full-priced expansion packs for your franchises every 8 months. It's hard to keep up with them all now. I don't have to buy the games, I know, and I don't. Problem is, many on my friends list do. And that affects my time on Xbox Live, which means you still suck.

UBISUCK LOL RURITE OR WAT?

Top Bottom