• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shots of Rage, Brink, and New Vegas (E3 2010)

Spookie

Brink looks great, worried about it's longevity (spelling?) though.

BeeDog said:
:lol That UK-branded dude truly looks like a UK raver.

Everyone in Liverpool of a Saturday night looks like that. :(

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I'll end up buying all three, I guess. Fallout 3 was a blast and unless Obsidian somehow manages to fuck it up really bad (AP is cause for concern) it'll be a blast to once again roam miles of wasteland, bumping into random stuff and totally forgetting what you were planning to do.

Brink is kinda a wildcard since I haven't played any Splash Damage games before but I love the art style and customization options - which almost make me wish it was a third-person shooter instead of an FPS. The concept of 4-player co-op story mode and on-the-go class-switches make it very interesting. I just really hope the 'one button does everything' mechanic works out.

Rage: id + postapocalytpic setting = instabuy.

Feindflug

Rage and Brink look awesome and Fallout NV looks cool although the engine is really dated...hopefully we will see some new Rage and Brink gameplay/hands-on videos - I'm tired of reading about how good both games look. :(

Like almost every Obsidian game, New Vegas looks like shit.

And like almost every Obsidian Game it will play awesome.

Rage needs more gameplay trailers before I care and Brink's art is just offensive to my eyes.

Binabik15

Oh man, the comic cop makes me wonder again what marvelous beauty a cel-shaded or heavily stylized Fallout could be. Pip-boy paintings come to live, please.

With ultra violent gore, of course.

lorddarkflare said:
Brink's art is just offensive to my eyes.

Aw, that's a bit rough. Were you a fan of Borderlands' aesthetic and character design?

I think Brink is one of the greatest things to happen to the FPS genre in recent memory, visually-speaking.

Binabik15 said:
Oh man, the comic cop makes me wonder again what marvelous beauty a cel-shaded or heavily stylized Fallout could be. Pip-boy paintings come to live, please.

With ultra violent gore, of course.
I was going to say something about that finally putting the last nail in the coffin for Fallout, then I thought a bit about Fallout 3, and that NV made by Obsidian is probably a one-time thing, and then I thought "fuck, why not?”

Although my dream is that Bethesda will just leave the series in Obsidians hands from now on, hopefully NV will be a huge success.

Binabik15

So you´re telling me that looking like

this

FB3Jb.jpg

or a fifties propaganda poster like this

53NDJ.jpg

would totally ruin it?

I think it could work :/

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Pylon_Trooper said:
Aw, that's a bit rough. Were you a fan of Borderlands' aesthetic and character design?

I think Brink is one of the greatest things to happen to the FPS genre in recent memory, visually-speaking.
I dunno man. Those faces don't look healthy. Its... funky, but not in a good way. I'm not a fan either.

Binabik15 said:
So you´re telling me that looking like

this

http://imgur.com/FB3Jb.jpg[/IMG

or a fifties propaganda poster like this

[IMG]http://imgur.com/53NDJ.jpg[/IMG

would totally ruin it?

I think it could work :/[/QUOTE]
I just think that Fallout should be set in a gritty Mad Max-style post-apocalypse (and I vastly prefer 1 & 2 to 3, the look and the games overall). And I guess I retain some false hope that the series can return to its former glory and therefore shouldn't change the style too drastically...

If Bethesda took the reins again after NV I wouldn’t mind it that much, for me though [I]proper [/I]Fallout is realistic-looking Fallout and I wouldn't have it any other way.

bathala

Banned
OMG Rage is so beautiful. watching the G4 gameplay (thanks dvr)
game looks like borderlands (mad-max/vehicle) minus the loothing I think, but with gorgeous graphics
I'm a believer now.

Wallach

Danne-Danger said:
I just think that Fallout should be set in a gritty Mad Max-style post-apocalypse (and I vastly prefer 1 & 2 to 3, the look and the games overall). And I guess I retain some false hope that the series can return to its former glory and therefore shouldn't change the style too drastically...

If Bethesda took the reins again after NV I wouldn’t mind it that much, for me though proper Fallout is realistic-looking Fallout and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hrm... I definitely feel like Fallout 2 is far more silly and camp than Fallout 3 was. The stuff I see in NV reminds me a lot more of Fallout 2 than 3 artistically.

Wow I think we are getting too many shooters at the moment.

Games like Fallout or Mass Effect 2, though they are RPG's, feels like shooters most of the time. Especially Mass Effect 3 for me was like a third person action game.

As awesome and gorgeous these games look, September 2010 - April 2011 is just packed with shooters, fuck.

Holy shit at the Rage footage on G4. They were speechless they could hardly continue focusing on the interview. The visuals had my jaw on the floor. Solid 60fps with all that detail and animation, I am not sure I have seen a better looking game.

Memphis Reigns said:
Holy shit at the Rage footage on G4. They were speechless they could hardly continue focusing on the interview. The visuals had my jaw on the floor. Solid 60fps with all that detail and animation, I am not sure I have seen a better looking game.

Can't wait to see this when I get home. I'm assuming this was running on pc? If so, did they say what specs you need to run this?

Wallach

Memphis Reigns said:

Tech 5 is really some amazing shit. Let us pray it becomes the next "big" engine.

FrankT

Memphis Reigns said:

Is said footage anywhere? Rage remains at the very top in anticipated titles. I wants it.

Teknoman

nextgeneration said:
Can't wait to see this when I get home. I'm assuming this was running on pc? If so, did they say what specs you need to run this?

When you see it, you wont believe its actually the 360 build.

Wallach said:
Tech 5 is really some amazing shit. Let us pray it becomes the next "big" engine.

I hope so. That was crazy...so much detail in the textures and animations, lighting, everything...and constant 60fps...on the 360.

Hopefully that means you'll be able to get amazing quality out of a mid range PC when the game releases.

FrankT

Teknoman said:

Yummy. Carmack and friends thank you very very much. Of course not the first time this has been said.

bathala

Banned
ok didn't like the blurry effect when u get hit. more penalty when getting hit.

60fps with 5 guys in room with no sign of slow-down

EagleEyes

Belfast said:
Did nobody watch the demo of Rage on G4? Game looks fucking amazing in motion.
You have to be an exclusive to get any attention around here. :p Rage looked absolutely amazing on the G4 demo. I know console warriors will disapprove but watching that footage in HD convinced me that it is the best looking console game i've seen yet. 60fps FTW

Teknoman

Belfast said:

Thats what we're talking about, but until it pops up on the site, cant really have a seperate topic.

They really should've shown it at the conference on the big screen. True mindblower.

Belfast said:
yea man, at first I was like oh rage looks promising and then that segment came on g4, day one! so good in motion.

Teknoman said:

That's great news. I have a high end pc, so one can only imagine how this will look on pc. :D

Jtyettis said:
Yummy. Carmack and friends thank you very very much. Of course not the first time this has been said.

Yes, thank you, Carmack and friends.

Violater

Watching Brink live demo on G4 right now and it looks like a major downgrade.
Tearing, aliasing just overall nothing like the images we saw before.

EagleEyes

Jtyettis said:
Man I just want to see some direct feed 60fps footage of this. Unlock this baby to the world.
It was glorious. Adam Sessler and the other dude were just slobbering all over themselves and couldn't believe it was actually running on a 360. Crystal clear IQ, 60fps, amazing textures and at least 2xAA. Stunning.

Top Bottom