• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Skate II Trailer

saelz8

Link

2jfko03.jpg

Man, I can't wait!

I bought Skate 1 a couple of weeks ago and didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would :p Not sure I'll be picking this one up.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Looks pretty good. Trailer wasn't as good as the debut, but still pretty cool.

Grayman

A new skate can't get here fast enough if they deliver on the 60fps claim.

I would like if they avoided more of the unskatable and barely skateable areas(big patches of grass) while still looking natural.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Metalmurphy said:
I bought Skate 1 a couple of weeks ago and didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would :p Not sure I'll be picking this one up.
If you keep playing it weekly, it'll most definitely grow on you.

Dante

wmat said:
Dammit Andrew Reynolds FS Flip was unbelievable.

Dude, I was there, and more than anybody else Reynolds made my jaw drop he was just floating his tricks, and catching them really high, I was in awe he is in his 30's and still throwing down hammers. That being said Sheckler did land the most tricks, he got booed when he first got there :lol Best trick was the 360 over the rail, but that was all that kid landed.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Dante said:
Dude, I was there, and more than anybody else Reynolds made my jaw drop we was just floating his tricks, dude is in his 30's and still throwing down hammers. That being said Sheckler did land the most tricks, he got booed when he first got there :lol Best trick was the 360 over the rail, but that was all that kid landed.
Reynolds is a god. His Epicly Later'd episode is one of my favs.

Bogus

The first game is one of my favorites. It's my go-to game these days when I'm just bored or want to relax in front of the TV. Here's hoping the sequel captures the magic like the original did.

Pimpwerx

Is there a date yet? I would buy the original game if the sequel is coming next year. But if it's coming this holiday, then I'll wait. PEACE.

rass

Pimpwerx said:
Is there a date yet? I would buy the original game if the sequel is coming next year. But if it's coming this holiday, then I'll wait. PEACE.
in the last round of video that went up, dude said it will ship when it's ready, people were speculating march09, but no definite date as far as i remember

cluto

permutated said:
No it's not, it's a partially rebuilt city with new areas...how did you miss that?
Yes, while this is technically correct, New San Vanelona uses completely new geometry and can therefore be called a brand new city.

Exarchos said:
Yes, while this is technically correct, New San Vanelona uses completely new geometry and can therefore be called a brand new city.

According to the developers, it's the same city, partially destroyed, then rebuilt, with a new woodland hills and beach area...

I'm sorry, what part of that says "brand new city"...

Don't even try man, just move on.

cluto

permutated said:
Don't even try man, just move on.
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=2&cId=3169104&p=4

Jason DeLong said:
One of the great things you can do with a sequel is you can learn from what people thought of the original game, so what we did with the environment in Skate 2 is, we love San Vanelona, we love the city of San Vanelona, but we obviously don't want to put out Skate 1.5 that's the same city with some new stuff in it. It was really important to us to create a whole new experience. So for us, we've fabricated this concept of a disaster that's essentially leveled San Vanelona, and as a result it had to be rebuilt from scratch. We've got a completely new environment this year, that's on the aesthetic side.

Exarchos said:

I'd be more comfortable with a high five...but what the hell *squeeze*

Acid08 said:
Just PLEASE make it a bit easier EA. That's all I want.

Only the video challenges..the rest were fine.

I'd like a retooled S-K-A-T-E minigame, that last one was far too slow and drudging.

Maybe a quick start like the quick stars in PGR? Where you start off at an appropriate speed rather than having to build it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Acid08 said:
Just PLEASE make the online portion not be a laggy piece of shit. That's all I want.

Fixed and QFT.

Flunkie

Banned
Redone San Van is still San Van.. still the same city. I know there's going to be a lot more areas and it's going to be totally different, but it's still the same city name-wise. If they make the city feel different enough though, the name doesn't mean a thing.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Flunkie said:
Redone San Van is still San Van.. still the same city. I know there's going to be a lot more areas and it's going to be totally different, but it's still the same city name-wise. If they make the city feel different enough though, the name doesn't mean a thing.
It's New San Vanelona. So it's a mix of famous spots from San Fran, Barca, Vancouver and possibly NY, all revamped compared to what it was before, I hope.
I'm still pissed the Marseilles pool isn't in there though, going by what we were told / shown so far. Best pool ever.

Dina

Looks cool, but I'm not sure about the movable parts. Stepping off the board in Tony Hawk games and doing whatever never clicked with me. I hope it does in Skate 2.

Grayman

Flunkie said:
Word to that. The name doesn't mean much if they make the layout different. I'd expect NSV to be a bigger change than Liberty(GTA III>IV) because the inspiration comes from multiple cities. Both appear to be in California but I remember seeing somewhere that parts of the first one were from Vancouver. New San van appears to have a Hollywood style sign while the old one didn't even have a hill to put it on.

Grayman

Dina said:
Looks cool, but I'm not sure about the movable parts. Stepping off the board in Tony Hawk games and doing whatever never clicked with me. I hope it does in Skate 2.
Stepping off the board will be very useful for getting onto curves and up stairs. Dragging objects should be ok but I think it is possible for that to turn out boring or be too important to scores.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Grayman said:
Stepping off the board will be very useful for getting onto curves and up stairs. Dragging objects should be ok but I think it is possible for that to turn out boring or be too important to scores.
I'm going to go crazy a la Daewon Song - shoving epic picnic table combos onto long stairs and all that.

What I REALLY hope is that we finally can get onto rooftops because face it EA, everybody wants to do 360 Flips roof-to-roof like it's nobody's business.

And saveable markers are something I'd do. At least session-wise, preferably shareable and stored on-line.

btkadams

really looking forward to this one. loved the first one but hated the fact that there was no option to get off board.

Tokubetsu

Can't wait for this. Especially since my Skate disc is now useless. Either my game got cracked..magically or just played it too god damn much (i like to believe the latter).

btkadams said:
really looking forward to this one. loved the first one but hated the fact that there was no option to get off board.

I loved trying to ollie up 3 long stairs...getting up 2...crashing on the third...then having the computer throw you back to the first one again.

GAHHHHHHH

Tf53 said:
It is a brand new city!

No, it's a completely rebuilt city with areas reminiscent of the old one. And no, it's not the same thing. New San Vanelona isn't just a retouched San Van.

Dude...read the thread.

Ten-Song

The amount of hype I feel towards this game easily trumps that of Little Big Planet, Spore, or any other OMGHUGE release I could ever think of. I still play the first one on a near constant basis...

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
permutated said:
I loved trying to ollie up 3 long stairs...getting up 2...crashing on the third...then having the computer throw you back to the first one again.
There are some tricks enabling you to pull off mega-ollies / mega-bails, which usually get you up onto any stairs. I'd have to practice them again though to prove it :/

Believe me, getting up the stairs isn't worth it in skate.

Grayman

wmat said:
I'm going to go crazy a la Daewon Song - shoving epic picnic table combos onto long stairs and all that.

What I REALLY hope is that we finally can get onto rooftops because face it EA, everybody wants to do 360 Flips roof-to-roof like it's nobody's business.

And saveable markers are something I'd do. At least session-wise, preferably shareable and stored on-line.
I am sure I will find cool stuff to do shoving objects at least for awhile. The use of them in storyline events could be poor if they are not used at all or too many are required.

I was surprised that Skate didn't have access to some locations because some very high stuff looked like it could be skated on. At one of the parks, I think regs, there are some metal bars going from the roof over the area that looked like good grinding.

I want to be able to store as much local footage as I want and give the files names.

Top Bottom