• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic Frontiers Japanese TV ad + the release date

Saber

Gold Member
This trailer is not new, already posted on Frontiers thread. The date though they didn't show last time.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I'm actually looking forward to this game, I really hope it turns out good.

It's probably the longest time a sonic game has spent in development & apparently sega are hoping for hoping for a well reviewed sonic game.

I do hope this isn't the trailer at gamescon though, I'm kinda hoping for an overview that shows us cyberspace levels and what to expect from the game in general.

That being said, I'll keep my expectations in check, as the last 3D sonic games I really enjoyed was Generations and Unleashed.

BlackTron

Not confidence, its just that they are a bunch of retards.

Zc2y7WM.jpg

I'm a hardcore Sonic fan, but what is the story about ? Where is the characters ? Shadow, Tails, Eggman ?

They need to do better trailers. Put Sonic to run on stages...and... that's it ? Well, empty feeling...

And no, Sonic has more good games than bad games, come at me!

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I'm a hardcore Sonic fan, but what is the story about ? Where is the characters ? Shadow, Tails ?

They need to do better trailers. Put Sonic to run on stages...and... that's it ? Well, empty feeling...

Unashamed Sonic fan here.
I grew up in a Sega household so sue me.

But this has me doubting so hard, whats worse is all the "previews" keep saying there is something awesome we are not allowed to talk about.
Are Sonic Team inept?
If they have good stuff to show, why not show the good stuff?
There is no way they havent seen the general disdain for this open world they keep showing us, cut up a new trailer.....show us the actual direction you are trying to go with this game.

As someone who loved Sonic Unleashed (day) I can forgive the game being open world and boring, if they actually have speed stages that are good.
Ill just blast through the boring shit to get to the speed stages and time attack them over and over and over till my hours played make it seem like i like the whole game.

Unashamed Sonic fan here.
I grew up in a Sega household so sue me.

But this has me doubting so hard, whats worse is all the "previews" keep saying there is something awesome we are not allowed to talk about.
Are Sonic Team inept?
If they have good stuff to show, why not show the good stuff?
There is no way they havent seen the general disdain for this open world they keep showing us, cut up a new trailer.....show us the actual direction you are trying to go with this game.

As someone who loved Sonic Unleashed (day) I can forgive the game being open world and boring, if they actually have speed stages that
Ill just blast through the boring shit to get to the speed stages and time attack them over and over and over till my hours played make it seem like i like the whole game.
Sonic Unleashed is one of the best Sonic games! Even night stages are fun!

But day stages has a sense of speed that i never seen before, even in a racing game, and yes, burnout included.

Not only Unleashed, sa1,sa2, colors, colors (ds), generations...Genesis games, gba games, sega cd...

And yes, I don't think Shadow the Hedgehog a bad game. I love the decisions, paths and endings!

Heroes and Riders are fun too imo.

Yeah i don't mind running in a open world stage, but they need some substance. Put at least Shadow as a playable char and im fine lmao!
Seriously, i miss a story trailer, that's it. But i will buy for sure!

Sonic is the goat!

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I'm a hardcore Sonic fan, but what is the story about ? Where is the characters ? Shadow, Tails, Eggman ?

The best I can think of is another generic battle between Sonic and Eggman that goes wrong, and so he is transported to this world or whatever.
Can't say much about his friends, but the way they being handling other characters besides Sonic, I would guess they are simple generic npcs, only meant to give you random silly quests(like collect rings, fetch branches, etc).

Sonic will have to wait for a sale. GoW day 1!

I'm not buying any more Sonic games on launch day after the majority being a disappointment.

Miles708

Sonic should have been open world since Sonic 06. Finally they're getting there.

I'm hoping for a good game but i appreciate the way they're working. Finally a bit of ambition.

The best I can think of is another generic battle between Sonic and Eggman that goes wrong, and so he is transported to this world or whatever.
Can't say much about his friends, but the way they being handling other characters besides Sonic, I would guess they are simple generic npcs, only meant to give you random silly quests(like collect rings, fetch branches, etc).
After read your first line, i can't read the rest, sorry.

BlackTron

As someone who loved Sonic Unleashed (day) I can forgive the game being open world and boring, if they actually have speed stages that are good.

This has been how I've played Sonic ever since Sonic Adventure 2.

Only everything made by Sonic Team since that game has had its control and physics feel like garbage compared to Genesis or SA1. So I pretty much just do it once for posterity's sake and don't go back to it often. Poor Generations could have been an outstanding game but a Sonic title with bad physics is DOA no matter how good the level design or graphics are.

I try to revisit Unleashed sometimes but that stupid QTA Tornado level ruins the fun pretty quick. Ultimate culmination of booting up Sonic and playing something else.

Everything about this game, from the devs going after the fans, to lack of communication, bad gameplay, out of context screens, holiday left to die release date, the fan excuses, it all mirrors Sonic 2006. You can even look at very old threads on here and cross reference the patterns.

I don't know if the game will be as bad as Sonic 2006, but the marketing and presentation is so far. Just give us a direct feed of the gamescom gameplay assuming it's the build we will play in November.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This has been how I've played Sonic ever since Sonic Adventure 2.

Only everything made by Sonic Team since that game has had its control and physics feel like garbage compared to Genesis or SA1. So I pretty much just do it once for posterity's sake and don't go back to it often. Poor Generations could have been an outstanding game but a Sonic title with bad physics is DOA no matter how good the level design or graphics are.

I try to revisit Unleashed sometimes but that stupid QTA Tornado level ruins the fun pretty quick. Ultimate culmination of booting up Sonic and playing something else.
Every Sonic person is showing up slowly but surely expressing how much they like or dislike Sonic.
But you are a Sonic person.

So I love you either which way.

Unleashed (day) could have been everything we wanted in a good Sonic game.....alas.

If I had spare gold id give everyone cuz if theres one thing i love as much as thighs its fucking Sonic.
Get it right Sonic Team......please!

BlackTron

If I had spare gold id give everyone cuz if theres one thing i love as much as thighs its fucking Sonic.

Good analogy. Especially if the thighs are on a girl who was hot AF in the 90's but then lived on coffee, doritos and cigarettes every day for over a decade.

Top Bottom