• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sony Game IP Leak (SciFi RPG game through XDev)

samoilaaa

I just want to see a big fantasy style game from sony already, they are kind of stuck on sci fi and post apocalyptic stuff
the thing is that their studios are good at that type of setting , its like asking larian studios to do a space rpg like starfield , it doesnt fit

they got "medieval" games like god of war and ghost of tsushima but thats about it , and these 2 arnt really high fantasy , i would really like to see sucker punch do full blown fantasy rpg with a character creator that has all kinds of classes , races , spells and all that but i dont see it happening

vpance

Doesn't look like typical sci-fi. There's a giant eye of sauron in the background and the boss thing looks pretty strange. Maybe some Dark Souls in space kinda deal.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Banned
It's obviously a super early alpha but truly looks like they're aiming for that Xbox 360 vibe.

Which I'm completely fine with, bring in the new 'Mass Effect '.

Gudji

Nice kinda gives me mass effect vibes that machine. I wonder what studio is working on that.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
xboxrpg.jpg
jimbo you traitor!!!!!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Seems interesting for a prototype. Some huge scaled thing climbing, third person RPG. sounds promising! I'm in.

Crayon

This is like one of those blurry ufo pictures. I'm not sure that's a game, bro. Maybe it was a bird or something.

NeroDaGod

the thing is that their studios are good at that type of setting , its like asking larian studios to do a space rpg like starfield , it doesnt fit

they got "medieval" games like god of war and ghost of tsushima but thats about it , and these 2 arnt really high fantasy , i would really like to see sucker punch do full blown fantasy rpg with a character creator that has all kinds of classes , races , spells and all that but i dont see it happening
Well, I guess Sony probably thought there was no need to create such settings as they already had a lot of third party content covering that space. Now that Elder Scrolls is exclusive though, it would make more sense if they started exploring this.

is neogaf full of kids or did people just judge and early game build shown in 6 seconds video?
you think Sony would release an exclusive game that looks like this ?
I really wanna see new IP's, Santa Monica game, Deviation Games game,new Twisted Metal and remasters like Killzone, Motorstorm or Warhawk.

btw. any Sony leak is good at this point. these past 2 years were the worst for a Playstation gamer.
just silence from Jim or Hermen. they said they have like 25 exclusives in development and they can't make a proper E3 event

Sony definitely do need an RPG, and I had assumed they’d go the RPG shooter direction. I liked Borderlands etc, so a SciFi story with RPG gameplay sounds good to me. The leaked footage gives me a mix of Resistance and Killzone feels, which is also great.

is this a fake/joke/troll ? It seems like it is, because it looks like a PS2 shovelware screenshot.

Good Lord...This is a very eraly build of the game, as in one that should not be considered as a basis to judge the visual prowess of the end result. People ask for "premature" leaks, but once that happens, the same folks disregard basic common sense...No wonder developers abstain from revealing their projects before they take shape graphically...

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Good Lord...This is a very eraly build of the game, as in one that should not be considered as a basis to judge the visual prowess of the end result. People ask for "premature" leaks, but once that happens, the same folks disregard basic common sense...No wonder developers abstain from revealing their projects before they take shape graphically...
To be clear, im not one of those "people" i do not want to see early leaks of any game. Heck i would much prefer games being announced no more than 6 months before release date, when they're in the post-production polishing stage.

If this turns out to be a good game, then great ! I'll line up to get a copy.

Kokoloko85

Nice, Xdev has some good experience. Havent there developers worked with HouseMarque, Miyazaki and now Team Ninja on Ronin

Top Bottom