• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sony WIRED Silver headset announced

Piccoro

Didn't see posted.
14964584299_e5f415e555_z.jpg

All the features of the Gold Wireless headset, but it's wired and a bit cheaper.

I’m also excited to introduce the newest member of our headset lineup — the Silver Wired Stereo Headset for PS4 and PS3. This headset is packed with features — all for just $69.99 (MSRP).

Immersive 7.1 virtual surround sound
Custom audio modes created by developers specifically for PlayStation games
Retractable boom mic for voice chat while playing online
Breathable ear cushions and a lightweight design for hours of gameplay
In-line volume and mic controls
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...-detailed-compatible-with-destiny-audio-mode/
Sorry if old.

Ponn

Banned
That' interesting, id buy it. The ear cushions might be better for me because my ears are sensitive and i loathe the battery life on wireless headsets. They are horrible for my weekend play sessions.

Chris_C

Not for me, I'll probably get the new wireless ones they released recently when I'm able. Woke up a couple of days ago and noticed my Pulse elites had began to suffer the dreaded crack. It's been almost a year and a half since I got them, I thought I was out of the woods. I was not.

BadWolf

They keep releasing new one's but my 2+ year old original wireless PS headset still looks and works good as new lol.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Looks good. Still waiting for platinum though...

Edit: these look like they do have a 3.5mm jack that plugs into the volume control section of the cord.

I expected it to have a 3.5mm jack, just like how you wire the gold headset to your DS4.

Good point. Although I'm sure the inline controls wouldn't work that way. Plus you don't get the 7.1 virtual surround from the controller.
Maybe Sony should have put a 3.5mm jack on these as well so people have the option?

Yoday

So wait...
When I use it with the PS4 I can connect it to the controller?

Edit
Looks like it doesn't. Eh.
It says in the discription that you can connect it to the Vita with the 3.5mm jack. The in line controls look like they split apart.

alterno69

Banned
what? how so?
It is poor compared to what you can get straight from the console for sure. I used it for months with a wired headset before i got my Gold and it's good but i'm guessing USB is better, i bet you still can plug these to the controller anyway.

Not really a fan of these "custom" gaming 'phones and their virtual surround gimmick. They're generally way overpriced and lacking in sound quality itself, and what is worse in this case they're proprietary for one system. There are headphones costing half of these that blow them away completely simply by connecting them to the tv jack.

Piccoro

Not really a fan of these "custom" gaming 'phones and their virtual surround gimmick. They're generally way overpriced and lacking in sound quality itself, and what is worse in this case they're proprietary for one system. There are headphones costing half of these that blow them away completely simply by connecting them to the tv jack.

Those headphones don't have voice chat, unfortunately...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
That' interesting, id buy it. The ear cushions might be better for me because my ears are sensitive and i loathe the battery life on wireless headsets. They are horrible for my weekend play sessions.

Well for the battery life, if you don't mind wired just get a long USB cable for sessions that go longer than the battery lasts wireless.

I hate wires, but bought a 15ft micro usb cable off amazon (got a 2 pack for $10 or so) for the rare times I play for more than 5-6 hours. Seems better to go that route and be able to play wirelessly most of the time, vs. hassling with a wire all the time.

Top Bottom