• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sorry Pics (56k SORRY!)

Belfast

This is the original, Japanese version of the game:
SorryBBP.JPG

pic46262.jpg

This is what it looks like for the American release:
pic76052.jpg

Ugh. Why do they always have to screw things up for the US release?!

Here's some concept art I found, too:

pat0804aa3a.jpg

shuri

Banned
I bet board games addicts back in the days would also argue that the japanese versions had BETTER ART! :lol

Belfast

Stench said:
sexayladiez3qz.jpg

Are these game pieces fighting or humping?

The explosion the background confuses me even more.

No, they're sass-talking each other with great ferocity!

pic94225_sized.jpg

"Oh no you din'n't!"

Okay, talking pawns. That rocks!
And waddaya know. Its a game. This is a gaming forum. Works for me. Can we have a mousetrap thread? Its a fucking classic.

From another thread. Needs posting again, because it just does.

8814159.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
radioheadrule83 said:
Okay, talking pawns. That rocks!
And waddaya know. Its a game. This is a gaming forum. Works for me. Can we have a mousetrap thread? Its a fucking classic.

From another thread. Needs posting again, because it just does.

8814159.jpg
dunno if we need giant penises on bikes

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
1) The US version looks 100 times better

2) I hope atari puts this into one of the compilation packs for the DS. Monopoly / Boggle / Battleship / Yahtzee is actually a suprisingly fun and well made game. Give us all the classics on DS hasbro :D

Belfast

Sp3eD said:
1) The US version looks 100 times better

2) I hope atari puts this into one of the compilation packs for the DS. Monopoly / Boggle / Battleship / Yahtzee is actually a suprisingly fun and well made game. Give us all the classics on DS hasbro :D

Are you shitting me? The Japanese version has a lot more detail and color richness in the textures. The US one is just bland by comparison. And what's up with that font? It's almost unreadable! It would've looked good, on the ATARI.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
radioheadrule83 said:
Fair play. A moment of madness. Nice edit :p

I was just thinking about how this isn't a video game, and the whole pawn thing... we need Battle Sorry!

Battle_Chess_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg
OH OH OH I REMEMBER THAT GAME! Loved it.

SKOPE

Sorry is a blatant ripoff of Parcheesi. You're wasting you're money if you buy it.

Pick up Trouble instead. The pop-o-matic bubble adds a lot to the gameplay.

jsesza.jpg

Belfast

SKOPE said:
Sorry is a blatant ripoff of Parcheesi. You're wasting you're money if you buy it.

Pick up Trouble instead. The pop-o-matic bubble adds a lot to the gameplay.

jsesza.jpg

It's just a gimmick! Why do you need a pop-a-matic bubble to roll your dice when you can just use your hands, or a cup Yahtzee-style? I don't see how these "innovations" add anything to the gameplay when the old standards work just fine. :\

Top Bottom