• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Soul Calibur 3 backstage movie

Deg

Banned
Thanks. Looks brilliant. :)

edit: That Nightmare/Seigried stage is stunning.

Character create mode looks killer. There are some new styles just for custom characters. Cant wait to get my hands on this.

Zaptruder

Banned
I hope character edit will become a standard thing!

Maybe even a stage edit, where they give you props and set stages what not in future!

Looks like a relatively powerful/easy to use character editing system. Great stuff... and it'll be good to take the dogmask off taki and change her uniform back to red.

VictimOfGrief said:
what? unlesss MS is going to pay Sony for this one, which they bought exclusive rights to and are publishing in Europe, "Soul Calibur 3" will only ever come out for PS2. Now, thats not to say "Soul Calibur 3: Ultimate Awesome Edition" can't come out elsewhere, but you know...

Deg

Banned
Cutscenes are interactive accrording to the new interview on www.soularchive.jp You will get multiple results out of actions and its more advanced than Soul Blade endings.

Yunsung is Talim's Love interest?

508.jpg

509.jpg

506.jpg

503.jpg

501_en.jpg

VictimOfGrief said:

I dont really see the funny side. Nothing to suggest it will come out on anything else.

PhatSaqs

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
No I just find it funny that everyone so blindly believes that it's ONLY coming out on the PS2. Insecure to say the least.
You probably wont get Soul Calibur 3 on X360. Just as PS2 didnt get DOA 2 :p

VictimOfGrief said:
No I just find it funny that everyone so blindly believes that it's ONLY coming out on the PS2. Insecure to say the least.

Says the guy that seems to really believe its going to the X360. You wanna really talk about blindly believing?

Deg

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:

It may come out on Xbox 360 but there doesnt seem to be any reason why it would for now. If xbox 360 then why not PS3 or Rev judging by the time period and the fact that all other versions were cancelled already?

VictimOfGrief said:

"Tekken is going to xbox, XBox 360 is backwards compatible with GC..."

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!

Sho Nuff

Banned
I want to make my own background.

It would have a bunch of girls with big boobies jumping up and down cheering in front of a pile of flaming Gamecubes

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
VictimOfGrief said:
oh fine, I'll never present my opinion on these boards again :rolleyes
Oh, don't go to extremes, just explain why its blind belief to think its only coming to PS2 but not blind belief to think its coming to X360 as well when the only proof that exists to support either belief is for the PS2 only scenario.

kaching said:
Oh, don't go to extremes, just explain why its blind belief to think its only coming to PS2 but not blind belief to think its coming to X360 as well when the only proof that exists to support either belief is for the PS2 only scenario.
Blind because Sony paid a boat load for SC3 "just" on PS2 which is about as concreate as GTA "just" on PS2. As I've said before, X360 will get SC3.5 sometime around launch. Namco isn't going to miss the boat on using the 360's technology. Only reason why it's first going to PS2 is because of the "wider" audience that can buy it right off the bat.

VictimOfGrief said:
Blind because Sony paid a boat load for SC3 "just" on PS2 which is about as concreate as GTA "just" on PS2. As I've said before, X360 will get SC3.5 sometime around launch. Namco isn't going to miss the boat on using the 360's technology. Only reason why it's first going to PS2 is because of the "wider" audience that can buy it right off the bat.

Who says Namco is missing the 360 boat? Go check out Frame City Killer, it looks pretty good to me. AND it is using the Unreal 3.0 technology.

VictimOfGrief said:
Blind because Sony paid a boat load for SC3 "just" on PS2 which is about as concreate as GTA "just" on PS2.

You do know that GTA originally was completely PS2 exclusive? After Vice City, Sony and Rockstar worked out some deal where they could release the game elsewhere.

SolidSnakex said:
You do know that GTA originally was completely PS2 exclusive?

What do you mean by "originally"? If you mean six months after GTA3 was released, then yes, you are right. However, originally, it was supposed to hit both the PS2 and the Xbox. The exclusivity announcement only came at E3, after the title was a huge success.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
VictimOfGrief said:
FISSION MAILED! :lol Let's catalogue the blind assumptions you've made here:

- Sony paid a "boat load" for SC3 PS2 exclusivity
- SC3.5 will be on X360 sometime around launch
- Namco needs to put SC3 and only SC3 on X360 otherwise they "miss the boat" on X360 technology. Any other game put on X360 by Namco would be missing the boat.

hiryu

Stay on target!

Anyways, the character creation mode looks about 100 times better than I anticipated. The "job" system is a pretty killer idea.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Superfluous debate aside this is such a fantastic direction for Soul Caliber.

Garret from the Thief series will be resurrected on the stage of history. Oh yes, he'll be blackjacking everyone's ass. Shame he'll be made into an "evil" character considering his overly black wardrobe.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TekunoRobby said:
Sorry for my part. The level of customization really does look fantastic.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
kaching said:
Sorry for my part. The level of customization really does look fantastic.
Kaching you never have to apologize, much love.

What I originally wanted to express is that I too would like a graphically enhanced Soul Calibur 3 but if its not coming out, no problem. The game already looks fantastic (those of you who aren't convinced simply watch a video) and has a supreme level of polish.

Anyways back to more important things such as Garret and blackjacking the hell out of Mitsurugi. :)

Galaron

EA guy that we like
TekunoRobby said:

Garret from the Thief series will be resurrected on the stage of history. Oh yes, he'll be blackjacking everyone's ass. Shame he'll be made into an "evil" character considering his overly black wardrobe.

Completely agree. This is a day-one purchase without doubt.

kaching said:
FISSION MAILED! :lol Let's catalogue the blind assumptions you've made here:

- Sony paid a "boat load" for SC3 PS2 exclusivity
- SC3.5 will be on X360 sometime around launch
- Namco needs to put SC3 and only SC3 on X360 otherwise they "miss the boat" on X360 technology. Any other game put on X360 by Namco would be missing the boat.
*sigh*

Deg

Banned
hiryu said:
Stay on target!

Anyways, the character creation mode looks about 100 times better than I anticipated. The "job" system is a pretty killer idea.

Looks like the series will go out with a bang this gen. :D

That was more impressive than i expected.

silver.jpg

New character in Soul Calibur 3!

At least she will be, about ten minutes after I get my hands on this game!

Complete color editing, LOADS of costumes, detailed face manipulation, being able to play edit characters against one another (should be a given but wasn't confirmed until now)... this might just overthrow VF4 Evo in sheer awesomeness if only the gameplay engine is at least solid. I have a LOAD of characters that I will create in this!

It's actually a good thing that it's not online. Imagine having to play against dozens and dozens of teenagers who all came up with the cool idea of color changing Taki's tights into skin color... oh, and people's color edits in CvS2 are usually really really bad... no sense of design at all.

Pimpbaa

SiegfriedFM said:
Imagine having to play against dozens and dozens of teenagers who all came up with the cool idea of color changing Taki's tights into skin color...

I'm not a teenager and that's the first thing I wanted to do when I saw you can edit colors of the default characters :(

Deg

Banned
Wonder how many you could store? This would make VS matches interesting. They should add PS2 memory card readers in the arcade version.

if only they'll fix the retarted gameplay.
Step/Guard > all in that game

Funny how everyone on forums went right back to Tekken when T5 came out and they dis SC2 openly now. *generally speaking of course*

Deg

Banned
Mr. Rellik said:
if only they'll fix the retarted gameplay.
Step/Guard > all in that game

Funny how everyone on forums went right back to Tekken when T5 came out and they dis SC2 openly now. *generally speaking of course*

SC rocks. Tekken is great too but SC is the most fun to play. :)

Can we go back to talking about the actual game now?

The character creation looks great. I saw Hwang's stance and some of his moves in there. Hopefully his isn't all that's left of him, a moveset for custom characters, and he's actually in the game for real this time as a normal character.

Top Bottom