• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Space Marine 2 Trailer PvP and PvE reveal

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Multiplayer trailer.

So Full 3 player coop campaign
Stand Alone 3 player coop operations
6v6 PvP

Featuring 6 classes with unique loadouts, full character customisation including chapter (for operations/PvP)

Honestly every time I see this it just looks better and better.

Last edited:

T8SC

270959F6DACAB86EE05AB039A5D8FC8ADADB0558

makaveli60

I have never ever played a WH game and actually I almost know nothing about the universe but this game seems pretty good. Will this be a linear, story driven game? I mean sort of like Gears of War?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Hopefully the single player campaign is not just an afterthought.

Not sure if i'm happy with the strong focus on multyplayer, i need to see more.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I have never ever played a WH game and actually I almost know nothing about the universe but this game seems pretty good. Will this be a linear, story driven game? I mean sort of like Gears of War?

Yeah the key difference between it and Gears is it's not a cover shooter... you are the cover. It's the game that effectively invented the "keep killing to heal" mechanic that made Doom 2016 such an aggressive shooter. I would recommend picking up the original for cheap, while a little dated and has its issues (a few parts with too much walking)

It's great fun for the most part and a great introduction into the world of 40k. Honestly the fact more didn't play it at launch really was travesty, it was better than 90% of the titles released that year and the PvP multiplayer was fantastic fun, glad it's returning in this.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Yeah the key difference between it and Gears is it's not a cover shooter... you are the cover. It's the game that effectively invented the "keep killing to heal" mechanic that made Doom 2016 such an aggressive shooter. I would recommend picking up the original for cheap, while a little dated and has its issues (a few parts with too much walking)

It's great fun for the most part and a great introduction into the world of 40k. Honestly the fact more didn't play it at launch really was travesty, it was better than 90% of the titles released that year and the PvP multiplayer was fantastic fun, glad it's returning in this.
Sounds good. I meant more of a game structure comparison with GoW. Story is important to me, so if the game is all about mindless killing then I’m not that interested but if there is a story behind it with cinematics etc. then I will likely give it a chance.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Sounds good. I meant more of a game structure comparison with GoW. Story is important to me, so if the game is all about mindless killing then I’m not that interested but if there is a story behind it with cinematics etc. then I will likely give it a chance.

Oh yeah shitloads about an hour of cutscene in a realtively short game, and you work with several companions throughout the campaign and 2 other space marine battle brothers, so they do that bit where they chat inbetween the battles as well, as there with you throughout (like gears). The plots a one off (although not anymore) but effectively it's an everyday mission for the Ultramarines, that slowly turns into something more important than they planned

That's the opening.

Last edited:

MarkyG

Environments - S+
Marine's face detail/animations - D-

They stick out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, I'm psyched for the game.

Last edited:
Hopefully the single player campaign is not just an afterthought.

Not sure if i'm happy with the strong focus on multyplayer, i need to see more.
First game had a fun SP campaign and a good MP. I'm confident that they will have put a good amount of effort into the single player here. Also good to see that MP doesn't look like an after thought though, the first games multiplayer was really fun imo.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
They should do something like this for Warhammer Fantasy.

As a former table-top player, I'd be all over it.

*on console

I mean recently vermintide 2 has had its development continued with more and more content coming out, but yeah a sort of 3rd person action game would be pretty cool. Never been huge into Fantasy, but I did play Warhammer Online back in the day and really enjoyed waging war as a Black Orc in that style.

Man, i'm not even a WH40K geek and yet, i almost came with the trailer...Please be good, please be good, please be good...
...who are we kidding, they'll find a way to fuck this up, won't they ? (terrible performance, heavy MTX bullshit for the MP etc etc).

Killjoy-NL

I mean recently vermintide 2 has had its development continued with more and more content coming out, but yeah a sort of 3rd person action game would be pretty cool. Never been huge into Fantasy, but I did play Warhammer Online back in the day and really enjoyed waging war as a Black Orc in that style.
Yeah, I never really liked the Empire and Skaven.

I'm all about the Dark Elves vs High Elves.

FunkMiller

Nice. Picking this up for PC, as I haven't played it in years. There's a fair number of decent mods that update the graphics and lighting somewhat.

makaveli60

Oh yeah shitloads about an hour of cutscene in a realtively short game, and you work with several companions throughout the campaign and 2 other space marine battle brothers, so they do that bit where they chat inbetween the battles as well, as there with you throughout (like gears). The plots a one off (although not anymore) but effectively it's an everyday mission for the Ultramarines, that slowly turns into something more important than they planned

That's the opening.

Okay, I’m in for the second game, thanks! I will watch a story recap of the first before that (as it seems it’s stuck on the ps360 gen and I don’t play on PC)

splattered

Goddamn this looks fantastic, me and wife gonna play campaign with my son. He's gonna freak when he sees this trailer.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Marine's face detail/animations - D-
Yeah, faces and facial animations are stuck in the X360/PS3 era undfortunately, hair is also not great :messenger_pensive:

About season pass. If I were to guess, I think they're going to be doing stuff for multiplayer and co-op, not for the SP mode. Co-op and MP looks cool, can't wait to see and hear more about these modes.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
This reminds me of a cross between 40k and multiplayer mode on mass effect 3, it’s going to be awesome.

Question for pc people. I have a 5800x3d and a amd 6800 and 32 gigs of ddr3200. Should I be able to get 60 fps at 1080p? I know it’s hard to say till the game comes out but is it possible?

FunkMiller

I can thoroughly recommend buying the first game for PC while its cheap as chips on Steam. I don't know whether its because 'modern' games are made the way they are, but it feels like such a good game to play, even though its twelve years old. Huge amount of fun. Think I'll get right through the single player campaign again, and then have a go at multiplayer.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It's good that they've actually taken the effort to include chaos space marines as the other faction in the 6v6 pvp

They had them in the original game too, the multiplayer was often praised as it was pretty damn fun at the time.

So we old players are super happy there keeping it along with the expanded coop modes. Although it's down to 6v6 from 8v8.

Hope they kept the dreadnought assualt game mode.

Nothing like charging around the map as a giant death machine.

Last edited:

Fbh

A new high budget game about manly men doing badass shit.
With a cool looking, gameplay focused campaign that can be played in Coop?
And a fun looking PVE mode?
AND a PVP mode?
All in one package?

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Feels like a throwback to the 360 era in the best possible way.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yes, they were. But there were so many issues at launch, regarding bugs and performance.
And the economy system was terrible. And the cosmetics. And the microtransactions.
I played the game like one year after launch so they probably fixed a lot of things.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Man, i'm not even a WH40K geek and yet, i almost came with the trailer...Please be good, please be good, please be good...
...who are we kidding, they'll find a way to fuck this up, won't they ? (terrible performance, heavy MTX bullshit for the MP etc etc).

well looks like that's not going to happen.

means that the season pass will be for the cosmetic packs mentioned if everything else is free.

Last edited:
Top Bottom