• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Space Marine 2 Trailer PvP and PvE reveal

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Man, i'm not even a WH40K geek and yet, i almost came with the trailer...Please be good, please be good, please be good...
...who are we kidding, they'll find a way to fuck this up, won't they ? (terrible performance, heavy MTX bullshit for the MP etc etc).
The original Space Marine game is what got me into Warhammer 40,000 somewhat. That and a tabletop RPG Rogue Trader what's the new computer game is based off.

Bumping because this trailer came out of nowhere for me, but looked so good that I wanted to know more.

Then I got very overwhelmed with the 'Warhammer 40K' IP and where to even start. Total War Warhammer 3 was on sale for $30 and the OG Space Marine I got for like $10.

Been playing SM1 this weekend and what a blast it has been! Basically Gears of War without the cover mechanics, and a lot more melee combat. But it is just a super simple, fun, crunchy combat, type game. That I swear feels more fresh today than when it released in 2011 I'm sure the 'Gears Clone' criticisms were very loud at the time. But today it feels like a throwback to a simple and fun era of games. I will finish this thing in 6-8 hours, and enjoy every minute. Something unheard of today. Seriously, just blowing away Orks with the default machine gun is satisfying as hell, such good gunplay here. Unfortunately it looks like the default price is $50 which is completely ridiculous. But add it to your wishlist, and I'm sure a sale will come back around. It's a great buy for <$15.

Anyway, I'll dip my toe into Total War Warhammer when I finish this. Very different game, and I won't have all the backstory, but I am definitely interested enough to learn more about the IP. I love how there is already a massive amount of lore and backstory to all of this, that is there if I want to seek it out.

TLDR: The original game kicks ass 13 years later, and Space Marine 2 is now at the top of my most anticipated for the year. And the Warhammer 40K series seems interesting enough to explore further.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Bumping because this trailer came out of nowhere for me, but looked so good that I wanted to know more.

Then I got very overwhelmed with the 'Warhammer 40K' IP and where to even start. Total War Warhammer 3 was on sale for $30 and the OG Space Marine I got for like $10.

Been playing SM1 this weekend and what a blast it has been! Basically Gears of War without the cover mechanics, and a lot more melee combat. But it is just a super simple, fun, crunchy combat, type game. That I swear feels more fresh today than when it released in 2011 I'm sure the 'Gears Clone' criticisms were very loud at the time. But today it feels like a throwback to a simple and fun era of games. I will finish this thing in 6-8 hours, and enjoy every minute. Something unheard of today. Seriously, just blowing away Orks with the default machine gun is satisfying as hell, such good gunplay here. Unfortunately it looks like the default price is $50 which is completely ridiculous. But add it to your wishlist, and I'm sure a sale will come back around. It's a great buy for <$15.

Anyway, I'll dip my toe into Total War Warhammer when I finish this. Very different game, and I won't have all the backstory, but I am definitely interested enough to learn more about the IP. I love how there is already a massive amount of lore and backstory to all of this, that is there if I want to seek it out.

TLDR: The original game kicks ass 13 years later, and Space Marine 2 is now at the top of my most anticipated for the year. And the Warhammer 40K series seems interesting enough to explore further.

if you want something else to tide you over until Space Marine 2

its far from perfect, and has some of the issues many live service games have, but it does 40k better than 99% of the games and at 40% off, I would say worth the price of entry if you like punchy, coop FPS games.

Will always say Vermintide 2 is the better game for sure (and gets better updates) but for a 40k game. Darktide still has its appeal, much more gunplay.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
if you want something else to tide you over until Space Marine 2
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Top Bottom