• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New species and genus of spider discovered in Baja California is as big as a baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
It's probably because its so big so it doesn't need strong venom to kill its prey. The deadliest spiders tend to be small like a black widow and the big ones like tarantulas tend to have weak venom.

Others like the banana spider and the funel web said "FUCK IT. Imma have both"

Bishop89

Te1auje.png
Lol this is great

Hastati

why is it that the photos in the op get bigger and bigger the further you scroll down, like it's gonna ringu on you right out of the screen

;_;

Xe4

Banned
It's actually kind of cute. Given that it bit the researcher I doubt it'd be too good of a pet, but awesome anyhow.

Peltz

Nature is amazing. There are millions of creatures on our own planet that no person has ever discovered. Crazy.

And we at just one insignificant little planet in a mind bogglingly large universe. Just mind blowing stuff when you consider how much we know, yet how little that is in the grand scheme of things.

Well, that spider is actually kinda awesome. I say this as someone with a huge case of arachnophobia. Most nightmare inducing one is still Nephila clavipes. Dont google it.

Leynos

Well, that spider is actually kinda awesome. I say this as someone with a huge case of arachnophobia. Most nightmare inducing one is still Nephila clavipes. Dont google it.

The golden orb web spider? They are one of my favorites: big yellow bodies lying in the center of their beautiful webs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom